PDA

View Full Version : Single rider?

kameko
07-30-2004, 05:45 AM
Okay, I know we've gone over this a million times but I feel like it keeps changing. I'm going tomorrow to Disneyland/DCA for a couple of hours by myself so I'd like to find out...which attractions have single rider currently? Thanks in advance for help, I know this is a basic question.

JEFFJAGUAR
07-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Splash Mountain

Soaring
River Rapids ride

That's it. They've withdrawn this from Indiana.

Too many people abusing it and then getting upset when they are "forced" to ride separately. Saw this a couple of weeks ago on the rapids ride when the 2 girls in front of me were separated and they asked that I go on the single seat available while they rode together.

kameko
07-30-2004, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the help. I figured the amount of these rides was limited. Ah, the good old days when I did single rider and rode 5 single rider rides in an 1 hour and a half and got back to the car.

danyoung
07-30-2004, 06:28 AM
Now, don't hold me to this. But when I was at Indy last weekend, there was a crew guy positioned just at the right place to potentially let single riders into the queue, just before the film room. I didn't get around to asking if SR was back, but it sure looked like it could have been. Won't hurt to ask.

GrumpyUTboi
07-30-2004, 07:16 AM
If you go and watch HISTA, you can do that as a single rider. I would recommend that you bring someone else to enjoy HISTA. So that you can talk about how fun it was after the show. NOTHING IN DL BEATS HISTA! I LOVE IT!

Wendi
07-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Apparently California Screamin' is testing out a new Single Rider queue. I would ask at every ride if there is a CM at the line entrance. It doesn't hurt to ask... I did it when I went with my mom and my then 8-month old... used single rider and switch passes through the whole trip.

Pedro2NR
07-30-2004, 10:25 AM
DL:
- Splash
DCA:
- Soarin'
- GRR
- Maliboomer
- Mulholland Madness
- Screamin' (testing)

Niwel
07-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Have a great time and check this out for more solo tips. (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm)

ToursbabeC3po
07-30-2004, 09:54 PM
I am an attractions cast member and if a guest ask me nicely for a single rider pass and they are TRUELY a single rider I let them through fast pass. We tested it at Star Tours for a week but it did not work out because we were just to darn good at grouping perfect fights :-)
So ny suggestion to you is to talk to the cast member up front and ask if you can go through fast pass as a single rider because you are alone at the park today. The worst thing that can happen is that they can say no.

danyoung
07-31-2004, 05:55 AM
We tested it at Star Tours for a week but it did not work out because we were just to darn good at grouping perfect fights :-)

Umm, I'm not at all sure what this mean. Clarify?

Darkbeer
07-31-2004, 06:06 AM
I think she meant FLIGHTS....

Single Rider works great at places like Splash Mountain, which seats 5, but doesn't work so well at places like Soarin', where the FastPass is usually quicker than a Single Rider.

It is a lot easier to find come up with a group of 10 instead of 5, by using groups of 2, 3 and 4...

MrTomMorrow
07-31-2004, 06:37 PM
What other rides would make good candidates for having a single rider line? I always thought that Space Mountain would be good, since there are a lot of empty seats when groups of three are seated. If they can try it on the two-seat-across cars of CA Screamin', then they should be able to do it for Space Mtn, also.

Pedro2NR
07-31-2004, 08:21 PM
I am an attractions cast member and if a guest ask me nicely for a single rider pass and they are TRUELY a single rider I let them through fast pass.
What attractions do you work at? I asked a CM nicely at Indy before SR went down for a pass and she said no with attitude and turned away.

leota's necklace
08-01-2004, 01:21 PM
What attractions do you work at? I asked a CM nicely at Indy before SR went down for a pass and she said no with attitude and turned away.

I'm pretty sure if you read her username very carefully and slowly, you can figure that one out for yourself. :)

Pedro2NR
08-01-2004, 02:43 PM
yeah I can tell see works at ST. I ask attraction(s) cuz she might work more than one, I dunno.

ToursbabeC3po
08-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Pedro2NR What attractions do you work at? I asked a CM nicely at Indy before SR went down for a pass and she said no with attitude and turned away
Hi pedro I said "If a guest ask me nicely I I will let them through fast pass. This is not policy it is something I do because I like to do things that make the guest happy because that is my job. I am sorry that that cast member was rude to you. It always makes me angry when I hear about cast members that are rude for no reason. I think if they don't like there job they should just quit. They call us cast members for a reason because we are suppose to be playing a "role" once we get to work or once we are "on stage". That is what sets us apart from other amusment parks is our hospitality and if we loose that we will loose the one thing that make us unique.
Oh by the way I work at Star Tours right now.
Tours