PDA

View Full Version : My first DCA visit.... (Probably Long!)

yeo_foxe
11-12-2001, 08:56 AM
(This meanders. I'm trying to keep this brief...)
Well, I made the jump....

My AP renewal was up this month. Plunging headlong I took the 2 park option. Mainly because my family has 'em. (My dad prefers DCA to Disneyland... He hates crowds so that could be a major contributing factor...)

I mailed the renewal Monday.... When I got home from work on Friday my new pass was in the mail! (Whoever is handling this part is really on the ball!)

Decided not to waste it. After dealing with home stuff headed to the parks right away....

Got there just a bit before the Light Parade.... (Wonderful, last time I saw it the costumes looked shabby and a good deal of the lights we out, also the effects looked new!)

First impression of DCA: Very pretty... Landscaping and buildings are beautiful.

HollywoodBacklot has a very Universal Studios feel to it. But cleaner, nicer. Having worked for a entertainment company in LA, I got some of the jokes and locations. Spent some time in the animation building. V Well done! I could spend some time in the lobby watching them.

Hurried over to Paradise Pier to see Luminaria. Sat on the boards near the stairs and water... (sort of near the carousel)...

CM's seem to be getting better trained. The told us this was a sitting area when I entered. They weren't screaming at us to sit down. (I stood until the lights went down, because I can't bend that way anymore! :-D)

Luminaria. Could be better. Could be worse. No oomph. The Kids are too sacharine.

Crowd control was horrible. ("Hey! let's hold a show at closing, then see the nightmare as we rush everyone outta the park!")

Parking Structure was miserable (sat in my truck for ~1 hr because I was trapped in my parking spot!)

================

Visited again on Sunday. (Didn't ride anything on Friday because I got there too late!).

Soaring is really cool. The music was broke tho...

Loved Muppets, I was suprised by the "live" portions of the show! (Does this limit it's performances on unbusy nights?). The movie poster were hilarious)

Limo can go leap. Even the pre-show building is bad. Felt more like being in my doctor's medical building than in disneyland. Wonder what they were trying to do...

It's tuff to be a bug was entertaining. The stick in the back wasn't as bad as I was led to believe. (Maybe they toned it down?). The Hopper figure was great!

Visited the animation building again. Nice place!

Loved Screaming, and the chicken strip stand. Paradise Pier is a big eh.... Too Magic Mountany, Redondo (south-bay) beachy feel for my tastes.

The Grizzly peak area has some very nice touches.

All in all, It wasn't that bad. The park is beautiful. It could do with a few more rides. It's not Disneyland. But it does has potential.

Did I mention I like the animation building?

DisneylandBoy
11-14-2001, 08:06 PM
It is good to finally hear a positive take on DCA. It is just a shame the music didn't work on Soarin - it really makes the ride. I'm sure you will have much fun in DCA, I do. And it is always nice to know that DL is just a "hop" away!

JRob2k1
11-14-2001, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by yeo_foxe
Did I mention I like the animation building?

Dont worry man....The Animation Building is soooo money!!

-JRob

yeo_foxe
11-15-2001, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by DisneylandBoy
It is good to finally hear a positive take on DCA. It is just a shame the music didn't work on Soarin - it really makes the ride. I'm sure you will have much fun in DCA, I do. And it is always nice to know that DL is just a "hop" away!

Whoops! I meant "the music wasn't working on Screaming"

DOH!