PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's Kitchen?

disney mom
07-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Hi,I just made reservation for our family at Goofy's Kitchen,and justwanted to ask what characters visit Goofy's Kitchen and typicly how many characters are there at breakfast time?And is this the best character breakfast as far as character interaction?Thanks.

etixnostalgia
07-28-2004, 04:22 PM
I've been twice, and both times were pretty disappointing. There are so many diners, and the restaurant is so large, that the characters cannot circulate everywhere they are wanted. The first time we went, we got decent attention mainly because it was my son's birthday and they had Alice help deliver the cake--she stayed a while and seemed to pull other characters over to us. The second time we went, my 5 y.o. daughter had a meltdown because we could not get a princess to come by (Jasmine was in the other room and never set foot in the room we were in) and the only characters to actually stop by our table--in almost one hour--were Genie, who stayed for maybe 3 minutes, and Pluto, who basically took a couple of laps around the table to engage each person, then left.

My kids were much happier eating breakfast at Plaza Inn, where we had the entire Pooh crew spend time at our table, and even at Storyteller's, where Chip and Dale just hang out in the middle of things.

cstephens
07-28-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi,I just made reservation for our family at Goofy's Kitchen,and justwanted to ask what characters visit Goofy's Kitchen and typicly how many characters are there at breakfast time?And is this the best character breakfast as far as character interaction?Thanks.

I have a review posted from Easter of this year (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/goofyskitchen041104.html). As for character interaction, it depends on who you're looking for. I wasn't particularly pleased with the character interaction on our visit, but I remember it being very different on a previous visit several years prior. I've heard that Goofy's has quite a few characters during dinner. I will echo the comment that I've always had very good character interaction at Plaza Inn, but if you don't happen to like the Pooh characters, that's not going to help much.

Pookie
07-28-2004, 06:19 PM
We just got back last week from DL and we made our reservations at 1:20 in the afternoon. This is the last reservation before they close and get ready for dinner. This was a great time because as the tables cleared out nobody else sat down. We had serveral characters come back to our table several times during our meal. They also didn't hurry us out so we could spend as much time as we wanted. We saw Alice, Belle, Donald Duck, Alladin, Pluto, and of course Goofy. On the menu we had both breakfast and lunch items.

Photographer
07-29-2004, 05:23 AM
I've been to Goofy's Kitchen 3 times for lunch/dinner. All the characters came by (my table was all adults), signed autographs, posed for photos and chatted with us. For some reason I'm always seated in the same area, which seems to have worked out well.

In total I've seen: Goofy, Pluto, Minnie, Alice, Snow White, Cruella de Ville, White Rabbit, Chip, Dale, Baloo...and I think there's a few more. Seems to always be 3 or 4 characters at a time in the restaurant - not counting Pluto who is usually by the cash registers. They rotate so you might see Snow White, then she'll be replaced by Minnie, then come back and so on. Chef Goofy is always there.

I'm going for breakfast next week.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
07-29-2004, 08:39 AM
We've been to Goofy's a number of times, honestly, it seems to depend on the crowd and the interaction and maybe your mood. We ended up there about two years ago on Thanksgiving, after making reservations for the Grand Feast and finding that...well, never mind, let's just say that we left there, waited an hour for Goofy's as walk-ins and STILL ate earlier then we would have in the ballroom and at half the price). Anyway, we had the greatest time, I understand you never see Mickey at the hotel but Goofy, Chip and Dale, Alice, Rafiki, Hook, Belle, Genie, Snow White were all there...we had a ball! The next couple of times it wasn't particullarly exciting, we were there last Monday and it was great!

You can usually count on Goofy, Chip and/or Dale, a Princess or two (we had Aurora AND Jasmine this week) and Pluto. Others rotate in...they all make the rounds of the tables, there's lots of interaction and make sure you always have the camera ready...

Lynnepitt
07-29-2004, 10:34 AM
We just got back last week from DL and we made our reservations at 1:20 in the afternoon. This is the last reservation before they close and get ready for dinner. This was a great time because as the tables cleared out nobody else sat down. We had serveral characters come back to our table several times during our meal. They also didn't hurry us out so we could spend as much time as we wanted. We saw Alice, Belle, Donald Duck, Alladin, Pluto, and of course Goofy. On the menu we had both breakfast and lunch items.
- I'm really pleased to hear this as we're booked in on Monday 9th August at 1.20pm for lunch. A lot of the guide books recommend making a reservation for as late as possible at lunchtime, because the restaurants will be a little less busy and also that its a lot cheaper to eat a main meal during the day and have a snack later. This means more $$$$'s for spending on other things - like souvenirs!!!

Pookie
07-29-2004, 11:00 AM
- I'm really pleased to hear this as we're booked in on Monday 9th August at 1.20pm for lunch. A lot of the guide books recommend making a reservation for as late as possible at lunchtime, because the restaurants will be a little less busy and also that its a lot cheaper to eat a main meal during the day and have a snack later. This means more $$$$'s for spending on other things - like souvenirs!!!

We must have read the same book!!! :)

rentayenta
07-29-2004, 06:42 PM
I'm thinking that we may have to try the Plaza Inn for breakfast and move Goofy's Kitchen to a 1:20 lunch another day.

BriarRose
07-29-2004, 11:33 PM
I've only been there once for breakfast. *goes for a second and comes back with picture book* Looks like we met Pluto in full chef gear, Aladdin, Alice and the Mad Hatter, and Goofy. If I remember right there was a place to take a picture with Donald Duck at the front of the resteraunt.