PDA

View Full Version : Daily flag retreat

Maximus
07-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Would anyone know where I can find the schedule for the daily flag retreat? I happened to catch it last Saturday evening and would like to see it again on a more regular basis. Please let me know, thanks.

Drince88
07-28-2004, 03:09 PM
I don't remember, but does DL have the "Veteran of the Day" that assists with the flag retreat. That is a really nice touch they have at WDW. I was disappointed, though, when we watched it in Florida, that they only have recorded music (maybe it was because we were off-season, though, too). I remeber in DL (the week after Sept 11, 01) they had the band there, and there were A LOT of people at the ceremony.

entertainment host
07-28-2004, 03:19 PM
the flag retreat happens daily at 5:15. This goes on regularly. Sometimes the main street band joins in but rarely.

cstephens
07-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Would anyone know where I can find the schedule for the daily flag retreat? I happened to catch it last Saturday evening and would like to see it again on a more regular basis. Please let me know, thanks.

The time can vary depending on the time of year, but you can always check with City Hall for the exact time on a particular day.

I've seen it on several occasions with the Disneyland band, but I've also seen it with just the recorded music.

Maximus
07-28-2004, 04:57 PM
The time can vary depending on the time of year, but you can always check with City Hall for the exact time on a particular day.

I've seen it on several occasions with the Disneyland band, but I've also seen it with just the recorded music.

The one with the live band was the one I watched. It was so well done and I would like to take other people to see it again. It happened at around 6:45 PM, but I haven't seen it at that time since.

How do you check with City Hall without actually going into City Hall? Would I just call them on an information line?

odnamraortsac
07-28-2004, 05:04 PM
6:45 seems to be the regularily scheduled time for the flag retreat. The band that performs is the All-American College Band that also makes appearances elsewhere in the park. Catch them at the Plaza Gardens at around 3 pm daily.

sediment
07-29-2004, 08:28 AM
How do you check with City Hall without actually going into City Hall? Would I just call them on an information line?
Well, if you're in Disneyland, City Hall isn't that far away.

sediment
07-29-2004, 08:47 AM
The time will vary according to sunset. Earlier in winter, later in summer.

tod
07-29-2004, 12:20 PM

City Hall is right there when you walk in the park. Also, it is on Town Square, right next to where Flag Retreat will be anyway.

Might as well go in and ask.

--t