PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Pavillion

GrumpyUTboi
07-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Is this the place where you go to have your birthday party? Ifi it is, then am I reading it right that they are going to close it for refurb, is this correct?

Disneyfreak
07-27-2004, 08:26 PM
No that is not the one. Plaza Pavillion is the one across the street right next to tiki room. The one you are thinking about is the Plaza Inn.

GrumpyUTboi
07-27-2004, 08:38 PM
Oh good! That makes life a lot easier. I was dreading having to tell my 6 yeard old that we were not going to be able to do that part of the celebration.

Disneyfreak
07-27-2004, 08:43 PM
I hope though they plan a refurbishment for the Plaza Inn soon, it looked very worn the last time I was there. All the fabric needs to be replaced and the building needs to be painted.

Dlandmom
07-28-2004, 07:26 AM
I hope though they plan a refurbishment for the Plaza Inn soon, it looked very worn the last time I was there. All the fabric needs to be replaced and the building needs to be painted.

I doubt they'll want to do that until they get another restaurant up and running (hopefully, the Plaza Pavilion and the Tahitian Terrace! ;) ).

sediment
07-28-2004, 07:28 AM
I hope the birthday event shrubs are taken out. And, of course, the birthday events as well. Move the events someplace else, if ncessary.

spectromen
07-28-2004, 07:42 AM
The trees ruin atmosphere on two points - the Plaza Inn building doesn't look nearly as attractive from the outside, and the guests dining on the patio don't get to see Tomorrowland (not that there's much to be seen at present) or view a possibly passing parade. Move the trees elsewhere, and the birthdays can continue on, albeit more visibly than before. But who knows, it might serve to stir up business for this offering if more people see it!

spectromen
08-24-2004, 08:35 AM
So last week I noticed that the ficus surrounding Plaza Inn had been trimmed waaaay back to allow view both in/out once again! HOORAY! A small step towards progress.

sediment
08-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Wow, someone important must be reading this stuff!!

Andrew
08-24-2004, 09:20 AM
Wow, someone important must be reading this stuff!!Dear Cast Member Matt,

Thanks for having the screening hedge trimmed!