PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion after HMH? NO SPOILERS

Ace
11-11-2001, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know what will happen to the Haunted Mansion after they finish with the Holiday thing? I haven't been on the ride since they changed it and I haven't heard much about it, but I also heard that they won't be able to restore it to it's original state...

tabacco
11-11-2001, 06:35 PM
Someone said they didn't have enough documentation to restore it perfectly. When I read that, I thought "Well, that's silly. They just need to hire about a dozen people from Mousepad to tell them where everything goes and soon they'll have the Mansion back exactly how it was." ;)

Thomas
11-11-2001, 07:39 PM
Did it say anywhere they were going to put it back to the original? How do we know they just won't keep it themed to NBC?

tabacco
11-11-2001, 07:49 PM
For the same reason they don't keep Small World in holiday mode all year round. If it's only available certain parts of the year, it increases people's desire to go see it (in other words, its marketability is higher).

Plus there'd be a riot :)

Thomas
11-11-2001, 07:59 PM
Speaking of It's a Small World, I think after Christmas they should take down the holiday decorations but leave all the lights on the facade. It looks great at night.

Morrigoon
11-11-2001, 08:14 PM
Thomas: I would agree with you but- well, see the post above yours.

tabacco
11-11-2001, 08:18 PM
I think that'd be cool, too, but I wouldn't count on it. Besides, Small World is on the list for the 50th... maybe a possible new facade could include built-in lights on the edges. then they'd have to find a way to make it look even cooler around the holidays :)

Morrigoon
11-11-2001, 08:21 PM
Maybe they'll paint it a really attractive color, like, um... BLUE! Yeah, then they wouldn't need lights during the non-holidays :D

Nigel2
11-11-2001, 09:35 PM
Possible Spoiler

From what I have heard some of the changes that were planed will be minor like new projectors, but (spoiler here) leota's will probably not foat again, so it will look like the way its set up now.

stinkerbell
11-12-2001, 08:17 AM
All I can say on this topic is, ugh. It should be restored as before. Love the NBC, but it should be restored.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-12-2001, 09:02 AM
I read that they had tons of problems with the floating Leota table. It didn't float originally, and they added that after designing it for Florida's mansion, but it always had problems. I'd rather have a table that sits still than a broken floating one, I guess.

Nigel2
11-12-2001, 11:00 AM
The problem (from what I heard) wasn't with the movement of the table but with the clairty of Leota's face they stoped it so it would be more crisp and realistic.

rexfarms
11-12-2001, 04:21 PM
The face did look better on NBC

akacl
11-12-2001, 04:28 PM
While I was working, they usually have a tarp cover an area where you can get to the lagoon from backstage. Right before the show, they raise the tarp for access to the water and I can see cars driving by backstage. If you look right where the waves are usually generated, and between where the roller coaster takes off, you can se the tarp. I thought it was funny.

dizneyangel
11-12-2001, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by akacl
While I was working, they usually have a tarp cover an area where you can get to the lagoon from backstage. Right before the show, they raise the tarp for access to the water and I can see cars driving by backstage. If you look right where the waves are usually generated, and between where the roller coaster takes off, you can se the tarp. I thought it was funny.

Huh?

Napsto
11-13-2001, 07:48 AM
yea, the leota ball on NBC is amazing, it si really neat.