PDA

View Full Version : What Ride(s) Do You Dislike?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wendi
07-26-2004, 06:20 PM
I can't stand the Matterhorn... I know most people just love it, but all it does it bang me up the whole time, I end up getting bruised and trying to prevent it the whole ride and I don't enjoy it at all. That is probably my least favorite ride at Disneyland.

Another one that almost everyone likes is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride... I can't stand going through hell because I hate the heat and I'm usually wanting to get out of the heat all day! I was never a sub lover either, I always felt claustrophobic and everything was so corny. Though, I'm sure if they brought it back today I'd love it just for the corny-ness!!!

MrJims
07-26-2004, 06:25 PM
As far as getting "banged up", my vote would be for California Screaming...my head slammed so hard off those speakers that they actually cut out during the ride. I had a headache for an hour afterwards too (thank goodness for tylenol). I don't hate it though.

Hmmm...I hate the line ups, but I don't really hate any rides.

SCUBAbe
07-26-2004, 06:30 PM
The tiki room (when everyone started singing along we walked out), IASW, I didn't like the subs either, winnie the pooh, the canoes (I was so sick of rowing and getting wet by people who had no idea how to row in unison.)

I like mr.toad though and the matterhorn (it is a rough ride, but not as rough as viper at MM. I had my sunglasses in my pocket and viper was so rough they snapped in two. It also doos a great job of banging your head from side to side on the head rest *OUCH*)

CarlieB
07-26-2004, 06:31 PM
Not really a fan of the new(ish) Pooh ride...I love the original, pre-Disney Winnie the Pooh books (and artwork), & I've never quite forgiven Disney for (imho) ruining them somewhat.

Star Tours makes me motion sick, so I'm not a huge fan.

CoasterChickie
07-26-2004, 06:35 PM
I LOVE both California Screaming and tne Matterhorn Bobsleds. Sure I get jostled around, but I don't mind.

As much as I like Winnie the Pooh and all his friends...I was not crazy about that ride....too much sensory overload. I kept thinking "this ride could give some kid a seizure! " I also am not not crazy about Roger Rabbit for the same reason...plus I lost one of my favorite pins on that ride (sniffle sniffle)

SCUBAbe
07-26-2004, 06:40 PM
I think screamin is a very smooth roller coaster. The only part I can think of where your head could bang is at launch, but I just keep my head back. Anyone been on viper? That was one painful ride!

PinkTink
07-26-2004, 07:25 PM
I don't necessarily dislike it per se, but I have never been to fond of Mr. Toad.

sleepyjeff
07-26-2004, 07:26 PM
Innoventions........what a waste of a wonderfully unique building :mad:

spectromen
07-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Innoventions, Maliboomer, Golden Zephyr. What a waste of space!

SCUBAbe
07-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Innoventions, Maliboomer, Golden Zephyr. What a waste of space!
maliboomer is fun, but I Agree with the rest. I used to hate SSL also. I haven't been on the rides, but flicks fun fair looks like a waste of space...

BTMichael
07-26-2004, 07:36 PM
DL: Space Mountain

DCA: Mulholland Madness

merlinjones
07-26-2004, 07:37 PM
Disneyland:

Innoventions
Honey, I Shrunk
Gadget's Go-Coaster
Pooh (could work with a major show upgrade, figures, efx, design)
Observatron (junk sculpture where Rockets should be)
Wet Marble

Smoggy Tram!

Pammer
07-26-2004, 07:47 PM
I won't ride the following due to motion sickness: Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter, Golden Zephyr, and Orange Stinger; however, I can handle Car Toon Spin, ToT, and Star Tours with usually no problem, so go figure!

Others that I'm not fond of include: Matterhorn (too rough for this old body!), Screamin' (have ridden it twice, but not in the last 2 1/2 years - a little wild for me!), Maliboomer (still afraid to try it), Sun Wheel (made me nauseous the first time I rode it, but that was probably because I had just ridden Screamin' :eek: ), any ride in Flik's Fun Fair (too tall for them), Innoventions (too boring), and the Autopia (seats are very low and hard on my back to get in & out).

There's still plenty more to do and see to make up for them, though! :D

MrJims
07-26-2004, 07:51 PM
I must say too that DCA needs to get rid of the midway games...they look too cheesy to be Disney, and make you feel like you are some cheap state fair.

The Zepher...I rode that two years ago, and I think it took me longer to get into the ride than the ride itself...very "undisney".

Wendi
07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
DCA: Mulholland Madness

uggghhh... I forgot about that one! Hate it!!!

rentayenta
07-26-2004, 08:55 PM
I know that I may get slammed for this but Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is not on my *to do* list. My kids and hubby dig it so we ride it but if we missed it I would survive ;)

I love The Matterhorn
(especially at night) and miss the subs terribly.

sighlent faeri
07-26-2004, 09:11 PM
innoventions, and the new pooh one. it's alright, but i miss the country bears. oh yeah and the matterhorn, i got banged up pretty good on it this recent trip. it was because of my own stupidity (didnt lean back when we started and ended) but it still gave me some bad memories, lol.

Pilot Mickey
07-26-2004, 09:24 PM
i like all the rides if i could, i'd ride all of them but we normally take a trip of three days. the only land i haven't rode all the rides is Flick's Fun Fair. I've been in It's Tough to be A Bug. On my last visit i rode for the first time; TOT, Jumpin' Jellyfish, Orange Stinger, Golden Zephyr, And Casey Jr.. I do have a problem with one part though. I think they should remove the starcade, every other park has an arcade and i don't think the games they have go with the disney style. Sorry for this to be off subject but i have a map from June 18th and one from February 20th and i think i found something strange; King Arthur Carrousel and King Triton's Carousel; Why r they spelled different?

Disneyfreak
07-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Indiana Jones, and Matterhorn are my favorites.
Pooh is the worst.

missm
07-26-2004, 10:07 PM
I do not like Mulholland Madness. The fact that the corners aren't banked drive me nuts. I know it's for a reason but I just feel like my car is going to fall right off.

Pirate Girl
07-26-2004, 10:15 PM
I can't stand the Matterhorn...

Neither can I...I'm tall, so I don't fit and it hurts.

I also can't stand the rides in Toon Town. Actually, I just can't stand Toon Town at all. I am proud to say I have only been there once...the year it opened.

missm
07-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Neither can I...I'm tall, so I don't fit and it hurts.

I also can't stand the rides in Toon Town. Actually, I just can't stand Toon Town at all. I am proud to say I have only been there once...the year it opened.

I have never, ever been into toon town. Granted I've only been to DL twice since it (toon town) opened. I just haven't ever wanted to go. I've read about the rides in toon town and they didn't appeal to me. I should maybe walk through next time I'm in DL.

disneygeek87
07-27-2004, 12:19 AM
For some reason, I seem to really dislike the canoes. They just drive me nuts and it seems like I always get too wet on them.

BJW
07-27-2004, 01:41 AM
My least favorites:
Big Thunder: I always get some punk that has to point out where the accident happened sitting in front of me. Too morbid. Also, everytime the ride makes a noise I get scared.

Sun Wheel: My 73 year old grandmother has to ride this one, I hate it! It scares me to death and I am praying the whole time.

Innoventions: Al says they added a few cool things, but the last time I was on it, it was boring!

Pooh: makes me miss the bears too much!

As for everyone that was hard on the Paradise Pier rides, give 'em a chance, some are pretty thrilling. I loved Zephyr because it gave me the feeling that I was going to go flying in the water. Mullholland Madness is scarier than Screamin because you think you'll fly off the track. I love these rides!

Tutter
07-27-2004, 01:51 AM
For me the ones I dislike are:

Innoventions I remember wandering around thinking "why am I here? This is a complete waste of my time." I thought it was really unexciting, unimaginative and a waste of a large space.

Mulholland Madness I have been on the Viper at Six Flags and loved it, I adore California Screamin' - I love rollercoasters, BUT Mulholland Madness had me terrified. I really really did not enjoy it. I hated the feeling that I was going to go off the edge, it all felt so unsafe. I am sure some people love it - but for me I will never go on it again I really couldn't wait to get off. (And the whole thing was compounded by the fact that I am a bit of a tough guy and the tiny little girl in the car in front was loving every second and got off with a big smile).