PDA

View Full Version : Cheap souvenir ideas needed

Pages : [1] 2

tink1234
07-25-2004, 07:42 PM
I want a list of cheap souvenier ideas. Please include souvenier, where to find it and approximate cost. Thank you!!

The ones I've heard of are: Mickey ear hats with name embroidered $6
Etched mug $?, Disney Dollars $?, Mickey Suckers 5 for $4, any others?

SCUBAbe
07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
I want a list of cheap souvenier ideas. Please include souvenier, where to find it and approximate cost. Thank you!!

The ones I've heard of are: Mickey ear hats with name embroidered $6
Etched mug $?, Disney Dollars $?, Mickey Suckers 5 for $4, any others?
well the mickey dollars are the same as regualr doallrs 1 disney dollar is $1.00 a 5 dollar disney dollar is $5.00...you get the idea...

the salt water taffy can be bought at the candy store on main street and in DCA (I've seen it at most stores) it's $5.00 for a large bag, but they do have smaller bags. I loaf of sour dough bread is $5.00. It can be bought at the wark area where the soup bowls are in DCA.

MammaSilva
07-25-2004, 08:40 PM
hand down the squashed pennys are the cheapest unique to the park souveniers. 51 cents and there are machines spread out over the park. I know they have/had them in the penny arcade on Main Street, in the pieces of eight shop alcove at the exit of Pirates, they had them in critter country once upon a time. I'm not sure where else they have them but I would think you might be able to stop in City Hall for directions to more than I can recall.

rentayenta
07-25-2004, 09:08 PM
At Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland they sell their kids meals in little plastic Mickey shaped bowls. You can ask them for extra bowls free of charge. They are dishwasher safe. My kids like to eat cereal in them. They have three seperate compartments; two ears and the face. Again, they will give you these free if you have ordered at least one kids meal. Can't get much cheaper than free :)

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-26-2004, 12:51 AM
At Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland they sell their kids meals in little plastic Mickey shaped bowls. You can ask them for extra bowls free of charge. They are dishwasher safe. My kids like to eat cereal in them. They have three seperate compartments; two ears and the face. Again, they will give you these free if you have ordered at least one kids meal. Can't get much cheaper than free :)

Although the Mousekameal trays were cute they have been discontinued and have been replaced by a new promotion called Munch INC. The containers that this meal comes in (all over the resort) are small lunch boxes with comics on them. this will make a great suvi after you finish your meal!

Other great collectable suvis that you might want to concider would be some of the new 50th anniversary merchindise. There are coffee cups for $8.50 that adorn the beautiful logo of the upcoming monumental event. Good luck on your suvi search!

Esmerelda
07-26-2004, 02:44 AM
There are lots of inexpensive souvenirs out there! Here are just a few ideas:

Goofy Taffy: 50 cents - Old Fashioned flat taffy - can be found in any of the candy stores. Really yummy (sugary) stuff! There are also small tins of crunchy, fruity candy with characters on them as well as one shaped like Mickey for $1.25-$1.50.

Suckers come in many shapes and sizes and start at 50 cents for the small mickey 'Luv Pops'. The small uni pops (the long skinny ones) are $1.50 and they go up from there for the larger ones. You mentioned the Mickey bundle pops - there are also Pooh and Princess bundle pops for (I believe) the same price.

Keychains and Pencils are really popular and start at $1.95 for a plastic character keychain and about $2.50 for pens. There are tons of these in the Emporium.

Also, antennea toppers start at $4.00 and come in many versions of Mickey and a few other characters. (Emporium has the biggest selection).

Oh, and there are some nice magnets that are pretty inexpensive too. There are a few specific attraction magnets (Matterhorn, Jungle Cruise, etc.) as well as some magnetic frames. These start at about $4 and once again can be found at the Emporium among other places. (anyone noticing a trend here?)

Ok, so Main Street is really the only place that I know the merch. well because that is where I work. I'm sure you can find very many very nice souvenirs in other parts of the park! ;) Hope that helped a little! Enjoy your trip!

rentayenta
07-26-2004, 05:56 AM
Although the Mousekameal trays were cute they have been discontinued and have been replaced by a new promotion called Munch INC. The containers that this meal comes in (all over the resort) are small lunch boxes with comics on them. this will make a great suvi after you finish your meal!

Other great collectable suvis that you might want to concider would be some of the new 50th anniversary merchindise. There are coffee cups for $8.50 that adorn the beautiful logo of the upcoming monumental event. Good luck on your suvi search!

How do they serve pasta in a small lunch box? When were they discontinued? They had them in late March. I've seen the lunch box things you speak of at the Hungry Bear etc..

Pookie
07-26-2004, 09:24 AM
We just ate at Rocket Rodds on 7/20 and they do serve the pasta in the lunch box. They line the bottom with paper and put the pasta in it. Works great you just need to rinse the box out when your done.

rentayenta
07-27-2004, 07:27 PM
Bummer. My kids loved those Mousekameal trays :crying:

Disneyfreak
07-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Mickey Mouse Antenna Balls.

07-28-2004, 04:22 AM
The Adventureland Bazaar always has inexpensive (under $5) but attractive bracelets and rings.

stan4d_steph
07-28-2004, 05:19 AM
The one can't miss item I always buy (as long as it is available) is English toffee from the Candy Palace at the end of Main St. I think it's $12 now (used to be $10). It's made right there at DL and is absolutely heavenly.

Photographer
07-28-2004, 05:46 AM
At the Newstand outside the gates, I've seen color-your-own postcards in a booklet with crayons. I wanna say they're $6.00.

tink1234
07-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Thank you! How much are the etched mugs?

What about the Mr. Potato Head parts? How many pieces do you get and is it worth the money?

CatLover
07-28-2004, 06:44 AM
At the toy store in downtown Disney, my son designed his own Mr. Potato Head with Disney parts. I actually bought him a box set that had most of the Disney parts with it--he was able to make one just like the one he designed and more--for less than it cost to design your own. I don't remember how much it cost, though, since I actually purchased it several years ago. It was probably between $12-16. I think the set is somewhat more costly than what you might find at Target for a generic Mr. Potato Head, but, it has the cool Disney parts. At the same store, they had a computer that you could use to design the Mr. Potato Heads, which we saved. The printouts were free.

lisap
07-28-2004, 07:03 AM
At the Grizzly River Rapids gift shop in DCA we found these cool necklaces--polished stone bears on ball chains. The stones are all different colors so the kids can pick something unique. I think they were 4.00--I know for sure they were under 5.00 because I was really surprised to find something cute at that price.

Dlandmom
07-28-2004, 07:23 AM
How about purchasing one of the pin trading starter sets that has a lanyard and 4 pins...I believe the total cost is about $20. That's technically 5 different gifts if you take it apart! I've seen them at World of Disney at Downtown Disney. They have a general theme, a Princess theme, a Buzz them, etc.

Oh yeah, I've seen them at the Emporium on Main Street, too. I'm sure they've got them all over at the larger shops.

AAbabwa
07-28-2004, 08:24 AM
The mister potato head is $16 they are at Engine Ears Toys in California Adventure you can stuff as many parts in the box as you can get in as long as the top closes, the cast members in the store will even help you get as much stuff in the box as you can.

There are a lot of shot glasses of attractions and such that run between $5 and $7.

Lani
07-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Wow, there are some great tips! I'm planning on running an article for "Souvenirs on a Shoestring" and I'm seeing some tips I hadn't thought about.

My number one cheap souvenir is a pressed penny. Can't beat that.

rentayenta
07-28-2004, 08:39 AM
The mister potato head is $16 they are at Engine Ears Toys in California Adventure you can stuff as many parts in the box as you can get in as long as the top closes, the cast members in the store will even help you get as much stuff in the box as you can.

There are a lot of shot glasses of attractions and such that run between $5 and $7.

I didn't think DL sold actual shot glasses.

Mouseearsusa
07-28-2004, 08:44 AM
I collect Disneyland Postcards, they start at .50ea. Some of the ones from the 50's (the Art Corner cards) are worth hundreds of dollars now. :eek:

AAbabwa
07-28-2004, 09:03 AM
I didn't think DL sold actual shot glasses.

I have a few of them, including Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Disneyland, Fantasmic, and couple of Villains ones.

stan4d_steph
07-28-2004, 09:10 AM
I didn't think DL sold actual shot glasses. They are actually billed as toothpick holders if memory serves.

wood_is_mine
07-28-2004, 09:15 AM
I agree with the pressed penny suggestion. Those are the best. Also, that huge store in Toon Town sells charm bracelts with charms you can buy one at a time. The charms are $3 (not the silver kind in the Emporium, these are colored and 2D but still REALLy cute). My friend usually buys one or two whenever we go so it doesn't end up costing her that much.

julgraham
07-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Mickey Roni. My kids love this Mickey Mouse shaped pasta in a white cheddar cheese sauce. Can be bought at World of Mickey in Downtown Disney for $2.95 each.