PDA

View Full Version : [Keel] Boats

yasudab
07-25-2004, 07:35 PM
on the rivers of america, there used to be those motorized boats that looked like it was a house boat. How come they stopped running those boats?

kdrickard
07-25-2004, 07:59 PM
If you mean the Keel Boats, the following link might help.

http://www.yesterland.com/keelboats.html

Kevin

sleepyjeff
07-25-2004, 07:59 PM
A group of wild locals tipped one......so Disney lawyers said lose em.

jrad32
07-26-2004, 07:32 AM
They were a fun attraction. I miss them, and so does the park on busy days when more attractions would soak up more people. Of course the same can be said of the subs, peoplemover and motorboat cruise. Nice work Disney :rolleyes:

Opus1guy
07-26-2004, 09:27 AM
They were sorta the Jungle Cruise of The Rivers Of America. Had some pretty funny rides with some pretty hysterical skippers. Lots of good gags. :)

Miss 'em. :(

TrekkieDad
07-26-2004, 12:17 PM
They were sorta the Jungle Cruise of The Rivers Of America. Had some pretty funny rides with some pretty hysterical skippers. Lots of good gags. :)

Miss 'em. :(

One time I rode it just before ride closing--I think with only two other guests--and the skipper skipped the spiel and dished the park. Then he parked the boat for a short time just within sight of the loading dock until closing time. Since no guests were on the dock at closing, he wouldn't have to go around again.

It was a slow night--back before there was a Fantasmic! show.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-26-2004, 01:38 PM
I love when they said "our jokes will make you keel over!"
:p

Alf
07-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Damn locals..er I mean...Horayyy for the locals

MrsG
07-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Although it was nice to have another way to get around ROA, the keel boats always used to freak me out. I was sure we'd tip over one of these days. :eek:

Crispy
07-28-2004, 06:31 PM
The keel boats were eliminated at WDW and DLP also. The main reason it was eleminated is because it's labor intensive with each boat having to be individually piloted as well as the fact that the boats cover the same area that the Mark Twain/Columbia does. Be glad that you still have the conoes. They've been eleminated at WDW and DLP for years.

Cris