PDA

View Full Version : Tahitian Terrace

yasudab
07-25-2004, 02:40 PM
when did they do away with the tahitian terrace restaurant? And why did they get rid of it? My girlfriend loves the hawaiian theme and she would have loved to see it.

splashmtngurl
07-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Errr........i cant remember why it went away but it went away when i was very little (i am 14) so yeah......dont now if that helps but thats all i know!

sleepyjeff
07-25-2004, 02:58 PM
It departed around 1990(give or take). First they turned it into a Middle Eastern type Resturant called Alladins Oasis.....which is still there sans food. Never could figure out why they got rid of the TT as it was immensely popular right up to its closure. :crying:

stan4d_steph
07-25-2004, 04:31 PM
The original Tahitian Terrace was replaced by an Aladdin-themed dinner show in 1993. Here's the link at Yesterland (http://www.yesterland.com/tahitianterrace.html) that shows some images and explains the history.

Disneyfreak
07-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Worst mistake to get rid of it in Disneyland history.

Dlandmom
07-27-2004, 11:37 AM
If they brought back the Tahitian Terrace or something similar, I'd gladly eat there on a regular basis. It was wonderful, and the tie in to Lilo and Stitch (especially with the upswell of Stitch fans) would make it an extremely popular destination for adults and kids alike.

Disneyfreak
07-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Just to make it popular which it would be, I would eat there almost everytime I go. That goes for Big Thunder BBQ if they bring back the actual BBQ. In my opinion I think Big Thunder BBQ should be sponsored by wood ranch.

CarlieB
07-27-2004, 03:25 PM
I would love it if they brought back the Big Thunder BBQ - that place was cool. I never experienced the Tahitian Terrace, but it sounds great. DL needs more variety when it comes to eating places, so I'm all for it:)

Disneyfreak
07-27-2004, 08:31 PM
It boggles my mind when the executives are all a bunch of penny pinchers and they dont see the gold mine right in front of them.

DisneylandForever
07-28-2004, 05:06 AM
I would love it if they brought back the Big Thunder BBQ - that place was cool. I never experienced the Tahitian Terrace, but it sounds great. DL needs more variety when it comes to eating places, so I'm all for it:)

It is back, isn't it folks? I was at DL just this past weekend, and my cousin and I walked by the Big Thunder Ranch, and noticed a menu was up. There wasn't a whole lotta variety, but they were servin' food!

Still keeping my fingers crossed that the Oasis "refurb" means the return of the Tahitian Terrace! Please let it be true!

Dlandmom
07-28-2004, 07:14 AM
It is back, isn't it folks? I was at DL just this past weekend, and my cousin and I walked by the Big Thunder Ranch, and noticed a menu was up. There wasn't a whole lotta variety, but they were servin' food!

Yes, but it's not the bbq they used to have. I think what a lot of folks miss are the actual open bbq's they had for right off the grill good eats!

DisneylandForever
07-28-2004, 07:22 AM
Yes, but it's not the bbq they used to have. I think what a lot of folks miss are the actual open bbq's they had for right off the grill good eats!

I see. So they miss the food, not the venue! I only ate there a few times when it was open as a BBQ. I didn't really dig the outdoor-picnic table-dirt floor feel. I know that's the theme, but I guess I'm more of a Tahitian Terrace/Blue Bayou/French Market kinda guy! :D

lildisneylady
07-28-2004, 04:19 PM
I loved Thunder Ranch! (the old one, not the new one)...do they still have that big bonfire in the middle of the picnic tables like they used to? That was my favorite on cold nights!

stitchlvr
07-28-2004, 06:59 PM
We loved the Big Thunder BBQ too (Old one-haven't been to the new one). We were very disappointed when they closed. My husband is very picky about his BBQ food and he loved it. It was one of the ways I could get him to Disneyland (kinda burned him out). We would love for the BBQ to open again (with BBQ food); maybe I could get him back again!