PDA

View Full Version : Freewheelin' Fish - Ariel In Motion

Merm8fan
07-25-2004, 10:51 AM
I absolutely love Ariel, and am glad they have managed to incorporate her character into meet & greets at DCA in Ariel's Grotto and at DL in Triton's Gardens.

It makes me shudder, however, to watch her tackily being wheeled around at Ariel's Grotto - serious cringe factor. Obviously, in mermaid form, they are limited in how they can transport her. I have never seen Ariel move in or out of her meet & greet location at Triton's Gardens, and have no idea how they manage that. (Anyone know?) I admit, the creative choreography in Fantasmic with Eric and Ariel does work just fine.

I simply think it would make sense to have Ariel appear at the meet & greets post-transformation, in her wedding gown (especially if Eric were there also) or in one of her other cute "human" outfits. (Sorry, gentlemen... not the improvised sail canvas oufit.) She would obviously be more mobile and versatile.

Any indication that this has ever been considered by TDA?

evilchild666
07-25-2004, 01:02 PM
For her meet and greet in disneyland, a castmember pushes a button on the rocks in triton's garden and music begins to play, mist comes out of the rocks and the shell she sits on turns around revealing ariel on the other side. very well done imo.

Merm8fan
07-25-2004, 08:38 PM
/\ That does sound like a great way to do it. Now if I could only get the image of her on that rolling cart out of my head... as if she were the seafood dish of the next course!

I guess nobody else gets creeped out by that.

No comments on the "post-transformation" thing? Bueller... Bueller... Anyone?

KIDinTHEkingdom
07-26-2004, 12:56 AM
Post transformation hummm... interesting idea but i think that maybe it would be a little harder for the kids to identify with her.

scaeagles
07-26-2004, 06:44 AM
Now if I could only get the image of her on that rolling cart out of my head... as if she were the seafood dish of the next course!

Mermaid - tastes like chicken!

stan4d_steph
07-26-2004, 06:51 AM
Mermaid - tastes like chicken! More like chicken... of the sea. ;)

CoasterChickie
07-26-2004, 10:53 AM
At Triton's Garden in DL she should be in Mermaid form.

At Ariel's Grotto give her some legs (for dancing :) ) What kid wouldn't recognize her in her blue dress and big blue bow that she wore on her first date with Prince Eric?

Save the rolling cart for lobster...beats chicken of the sea any day!

soccerlady16
07-27-2004, 07:18 PM
/\ That does sound like a great way to do it. Now if I could only get the image of her on that rolling cart out of my head... as if she were the seafood dish of the next course!

I guess nobody else gets creeped out by that.

No comments on the "post-transformation" thing? Bueller... Bueller... Anyone?

I thought I was the only one with that image in my head! But I finally figured out how they do it when I was there last friday.