PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbook supplies at DLR shops

evilqueen69
07-25-2004, 06:53 AM
I am an avid scrapbooker and was wondering if the the shops might sale any supplies such as pages and stickers. I know there are postcards. I would like character printed paper, character stickers, or little keepsakes I include in the pages. Thanks for the hared input. 12 days to until we are there.

Nancy
07-25-2004, 07:53 AM
We were at DLR in May and my friend bought scissors that cut Mickeys head shape, printed paper, stickers and gromets. They were at a couple of different shops on Main St. :)

MammaSilva
07-25-2004, 07:56 AM
From what I've researched, you can find scrapbook supplies at the World of Disney out in DTD, there are a few options in the shops inside the Grand Californian, in Disneyland I'd look in the emporium right as you hit Main Street, then over in DCA California Greetings is said to have a selection. Hope this helps.

With scrapbooking in mind, don't forget to stop by City Hall and ask for an Honorary Citizen of Disneyland sticker (not 100 percent sure they still have them but I have gotten them every visit) Remember to grab extra guides to the Magic as you pass thru the turnstiles, napkings make a cute addition, reciepts from purchases, a side of a popcorn box is a nice enhancement. If you aren't a flat pager, you can think of pressed pennys as another type of enhancement for your pages.

Tinker Bell
07-25-2004, 08:10 AM
When on main street there is a cam shop on the right end.The little shop next to it between the cam shop and baby place has a wall full of scrapbooking stuff.

stitchlvr
07-25-2004, 09:41 AM
When I was there in April, World Of Disney in DTD had the best overall selection. They had some paper packs and kits, the mickey scissors, castle punch, some sticker packs, Micky eyelets (be careful-I've heard they are an odd size). I got a coule of things, but to be honest, I've found more of a varied selection at my local scrapbooking store or from a Creative Memories consultant. So you may find some products you haven't seen before, but if you are disappointed with the selection there are always other sources at home! Good luck!

lilblckrncloud
07-25-2004, 10:02 AM
Micky eyelets (be careful-I've heard they are an odd size).
I can testify to that, and also they are really awful quality. They practically disintigrated upon impact when I tried to hammer them, and are impossible to remove, so they practically ruined one of my pages. :crying:

SCUBAbe
07-25-2004, 10:30 AM
I have a bunch of those supplies. I hardly ever scrap though...LOL..ok I used the mickey scissors without problems on pictures. My friens bought a pair and sais they were aweful, dull, and ruined her tissue and pictures. I haven't tried the eyelets, but I have them. I also used the paper. I love the paper and stickers. The castle punch also worked really well for me. The eyelets did not disenigrate, but they do not work either. No matter how hard a hit the hammer on the eyelet tool it does not press the sides down.

Pookie
07-25-2004, 08:15 PM
I just return from DL and bought some of the scrapbooking supplies. I'm new at this what am I suppose to do with the Mickey eyelets? I to saved all of my maps, pratically anything that had Disney on it I saved it for the scrapbooks. Also, www.joanns.com has Disney supplies and they have free shipping if you use the code JULFSE40. I just bought the princess pack.

Thanks

SCUBAbe
07-25-2004, 08:29 PM
I just return from DL and bought some of the scrapbooking supplies. I'm new at this what am I suppose to do with the Mickey eyelets? I to saved all of my maps, pratically anything that had Disney on it I saved it for the scrapbooks. Also, www.joanns.com has Disney supplies and they have free shipping if you use the code JULFSE40. I just bought the princess pack.

Thanks

for the eyelets...there's a tool you use with a small hammer to punch a hole in the paper (usually more than one sheet). You then put the eyelet in and another tool is used with the hammer to flatten the back out. I use eyelets a lot, but I couldn't get the mickey ones to flatten out. I was hitting them hard too...LOL

bluepearl
07-25-2004, 09:01 PM
I preferred the selection I was given at Walt Disney World, but DLR has one or two scrapbook sets that I like. However, I had a friend who told me she bought the Mickey eyelets and that they didn't work well with her pages. She tried all sorts of techniques and they never came out nice. :shrug: I was always hoping something new and great would come in (I'm a former CM from WoD), but nothing did. And I check back every so often (or my boyfriend lets me know what comes in), but nothing to my interests.

I find better Disney stuff at my favorite scrapbook shops. I'd recommend buying one of the scrapbook packs or castle punch, but that's about it.

sjcivilady
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
A couple of years ago I got two different packages of stickers that were great - one for Disneyland and one for DCA - they had stickers that matched some of the rides (cannnot find anything like them in stores, that I have ever seen). I saw at least one package last December on my last trip. Those are a must and you get enough to share with a friend. They are in flat plastic envelopes. (if I remember right, the big disney store in downtown disney had both).
Fastpasses are good to save - we picked up a few here and there that we didn't need to use. Disney paper is really easy to find at scrapbooking stores (I don't think I would want to have to worry about carrying it around and not getting it bent up).
Just remember to take lots of pictures that tell your story - we tried to get pics as we were loading into rides - sometimes cast members will take a quick pic for you. (You have to be fast, though.) There is a great photo spot for Calif Screamin - where they stop for a few seconds before taking off. You have enough time to look for your friends/family and snap a pic. And I could hear some use their walkie talkies to say what color (train?) they were on.
(if you're an experienced scrapbooker, I'm sure you already know all this, but thought someone might like the hints :)