PDA

View Full Version : Painting during operating hours

DisneyBob
07-24-2004, 09:26 AM
I was at Disneyland on Wednesday... and I saw something that I had never seen upon visiting the park. There were painters painting gates/handrails in various areas throughout the park, including Fantasyland and at the entrance to Adventureland. Is this a normal occurance at Disneyland? Bad show?

SCUBAbe
07-24-2004, 09:37 AM
it doesn't bother me to see things getting fixed around the park. I would rather see them working on things than to see dis-repair. I find it ironic that comments are made that disneyland needs to be kept up more and then comments are made when people see work being done that it shouldn't be when the park is open. Maybe it's difficult to do everything at night. Especially when the park is staying open for summer hours. There's more time to do stuff when the park closes at 6pm. At any rate I'm pretty easy going and as long as they are not closing areas because of wet paint I think it's fine. Now if areas were being closed and I was there I wuld be annoyed only if it caused more crowded in areas.

TimBuk2
07-24-2004, 10:28 AM
the painting with be normal until they reach may 4th, 2005. all the paint can't dry on the night shift, so they have to do some during the day if they want the park nice for the 50th anniv.

MarkVI
07-24-2004, 10:38 AM
They need to close the park for a week and fix everything thats needs it. New paint on everything. New Pavement. Refurbish alot. :~D

soccerlady16
07-24-2004, 12:31 PM
Ya I saw that too. On 7/14/04 Wed. we went and they were painting the railings by Coke Corner early in the moring. I guess they do extra work during the week when It's a little bit less crowded. Although it was something that I've never seen before it didn't beg me at all.

MarkVI
07-24-2004, 01:28 PM
BTW: I was also there on that Wednesday, It was good to see that they are doing something there...

Disneyfreak
07-24-2004, 02:41 PM
They need to close the park for a week and fix everything thats needs it. New paint on everything. New Pavement. Refurbish alot. :~D

They are closing Disneyland on May 4th 2005 for a full park refurbishment.

TimBuk2
07-24-2004, 03:22 PM

That's not enough time to finish what they need. I'm sure they will be fully staffed that day and evening.

MarkVI
07-24-2004, 04:05 PM
I know that, but think of what a week could do?

TimBuk2
07-24-2004, 04:23 PM
I know that, but think of what a week could do?

i know....i agree with you.

but they would have to notify the world on CNN for closing a week. that wouldn't go too good. but at least they are giving a 1-year notice for May 4th.

Darkbeer
07-24-2004, 05:15 PM
If you go back 20 years, yes, it is Bad Show! All painting was performed when the park was closed....

But with the current "Profits first" management style, you can't pay the extra third shift pay difference..... SIGH!

But it is good to see the maintenance being done... Greg Emmer admitted this week that the Prior Administration dropped the ball in keeping the park up (in employee meetings...)

Tigertail777
07-24-2004, 05:39 PM
well do keep in mind, in the old days Disneyland closed 2 days a week for maintenace and all this other stuff too. Really Disneyland was never meant to be run almost 24/7.

Darkbeer
07-24-2004, 05:53 PM
^But even after the park went to 7 days a week, they still kept the painting only when the park was closed.....

A lot more of the maintenance was done during the "closed" hours, and it is still done that way at WDW.......

GetOverIt
07-24-2004, 09:29 PM

I don't think they're closing for "refurbishment." Aren't they just putting up decorations and such? Or is that your definition of refurbishment?

-GOI-