PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

rihard2000
11-11-2001, 06:52 AM
My girlfriend and I will be visting Disneyland on Dec. 26, 27, and 28th. On New Years Eve we would like to return to the park a fourth day to celebrate 2002. My questions are...

What sort of extra entertainment do they usually plan for New Years Eve? Since we will have been in the park for three days before and we know it will be busy, we are hoping that maybe there will be some extra entertainment to keep us out of long lines.

Do we need to have a special ticket to get in on the 31st.? Or will our 3-day(4th day free) park hoppers work?

Will we be able to leave the park in the middle of the day and return in the evening for the festivities?

Thanks for your help.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-11-2001, 02:32 PM
You might want to email Disneyland.com on all of this, since you should get some hard facts, and they might not be organizing this the same way they have in years past.

Nigel2
11-11-2001, 02:35 PM
I am not sure but if they reach capacity and you left (even with a handstamp) they might have put a new policy in not letting you return when the park is at capacity.

Sheila
11-12-2001, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by RiHard
What sort of extra entertainment do they usually plan for New Years Eve? Since we will have been in the park for three days before and we know it will be busy, we are hoping that maybe there will be some extra entertainment to keep us out of long lines.

The last couple of years, some radio stations have booths set up in the walkway before Small World. A few years ago, there was "countdown" entertainment at Rivers of America. It's hard to predict what will happen this year.

Basically, NYE is a great night for people watching. Plan on staking out a nice bench after 7:00 and watch everybody milling by. Do NOT try to go to the hub in front of the Castle to watch the fireworks at midnight -- you will be crushed by the mobs. The hub area becomes totally jammed starting around 11:00 p.m.

Use your Fastpasses as much as possible! Eat dinner early too to avoid long lines.

Do we need to have a special ticket to get in on the 31st.? Or will our 3-day(4th day free) park hoppers work?

Regular DL admission media will get you in.

Will we be able to leave the park in the middle of the day and return in the evening for the festivities?

Generally, if you want to get your car parked in one of the DL lots, you'll need to park by 10:30-11:00 a.m. or so. Sometimes parking opens back up around 3-4:00 p.m. but that's risky. As far as being let back into the park, I've always been able to get in around 4-5:00 p.m. I've never tried later but I know others have been able to get in. I would err on the side of caution and plan to return to the park before nightfall.

Bring warm clothing and jackets -- it gets pretty cold that late at night.

Sheila

Uncle Dick
11-18-2001, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Sheila

The last couple of years, some radio stations have booths set up in the walkway before Small World.

Last year it was Radio Disney that set up shop in front of it's a small world.

A few years ago, there was "countdown" entertainment at Rivers of America. It's hard to predict what will happen this year.

They had that last year as well. It's really pretty cool. They entertained the crowd from about 11-11:50 with a band on a raft floating across the river. Then at midnight, there's the countdown and all these dancer type people come out onto Tom Sawyer Island and you can see the fireworks over the castle. Finally, last year, there was a special showing of Fantasmic at 12:15. Of course, since Fantasmic's been sacked for the time being, that remains to be seen.

The strategy then, if Fantasmic does return, is to stake out a seat just after the 10 pm showing of Fantasmic. If you time it right, front row seats are yours. If Fantasmic doesn't return, good luck reserving a spot...

Nigel2
11-19-2001, 11:12 AM
I swore I saw something saying that fantasmic is returning this year like in december, any help?

Napsto
11-19-2001, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
I am not sure but if they reach capacity and you left (even with a handstamp) they might have put a new policy in not letting you return when the park is at capacity.

they let you back in if you are a hotel guest