PDA

View Full Version : ToonTown early entry

iowa2disney
07-23-2004, 05:19 AM
I booked our Disneyland vacation through AAA and was told we get an hour early entry into ToonTown. Has anyone done this before? How does this work? How do you get all the way through the park to ToonTown an hour early?

evilqueen69
07-23-2004, 07:09 AM
I myself have never heard of an hour early entrance into Toon Town. I just completed looking at my book from AAA and did not see anything on an early entrance. I would call and confirm with your travel agent just to make sure. My family and I consider going through AAA to book out trip but were able to get lower fares through Alaska Airlines. Hope you and your family have a great trip.

Photographer
07-23-2004, 07:12 AM
Is there any chance AAA should have said Tower of Terror - early entry? There's the promo going on with McDonald's for that now. I'd call and ask them to clarify.

Forbin
07-23-2004, 08:10 AM
Someone here posted once on how they got into toontown (From the back way) in early..you might have to do a search.

Niwel
07-23-2004, 09:02 AM
The only thing I can figure is that Toontown doesn't always open with the rest of the park (it depends on the season and the day). Perhaps this lets guests in at the park's opening time where it usually isn't open until one or two hours later.

entertainment host
07-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Special guests are able to enter toontown 1 hour before it opens on Tuesdays and Thursdays. (This is after park opening, of course!) I beleive the guests get this for staying in one of the hotels, i think it is offered to all Disneyland Resort Hotel Guests. You are able to meet Goofy, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and sometimes Chip and Dale... It is very nice because there is usually no crowd and you are able to get some nice photos with the characters. :D

iowa2disney
07-23-2004, 10:31 AM
I did double-check with the AAA travel agent and she verified the early entry into Toontown. So Toontown doesn't normally open the same time as the park? Then that explains it.

I tried a search using "early entry ToonTown", but didn't find what I was looking for. I'll try again.

If anyone has done this, I would love to hear how it worked out. Thanks!

entertainment host
07-23-2004, 11:05 AM
you get to go into toontown early and do what you normally would do when the park is open. The only exception is that you are one of a handful of guests that get to do it.

Pirate Girl
07-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Maybe they are trying to convince people that Toontown is worth their time.

Pilot Mickey
07-24-2004, 12:37 AM
I like Toontown, and go everytime i go to Disneyland, it's worth my time :)

SCUBAbe
07-24-2004, 09:31 AM
I like Toontown, and go everytime i go to Disneyland, it's worth my time :)

The only thing we do in toon town is the roger rabbit ride. The last visit we rode the little coaster, but that definatly is NOT a must do...LOL..

When we were there last everything was very faded looking. Maybe they are working there way up to painting it. My daughter liked looking at the building because she felt like she was inside the toon town game..:)

ChipmunkStar
07-24-2004, 04:20 PM
Toontown opens an hour after the park. If there is no early entry for Toontown, then Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Chip & Dale usually hang out in front of the Toontown gates.

If there is early entry into Toontown, you can do everything Toontown has to offer without a single line for Mickey's House (granted, he will be outside in Toontown), Minnie's House, Goofy's Bounce House, Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin, Gadget's Go-Coaster, and you have free reign over the town to get as many pictures as you'd like without anybody else in them. Also, the characters will visit inside Toontown just for the guests with early entry, so it's a fabulous chance at getting some good (otherwise nearly impossible) group shots with the "Classic" Disney characters.

I think that's a good deal.