PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Hotel?

MrsG
07-22-2004, 03:57 PM
Have reservations for PPH this weekend and it will be our first stay there. We normally stay at DH, or GCH if we can get a deal. So how does PPH compare with DH? I know it is a farther walk to the Monorail/DTD or we enter in DCA. Any other info??

SCUBAbe
07-22-2004, 05:33 PM
the pillows and beds were very comfortable. I liked having the couch/bed in the room. The air worked GREAT! The walk to DCA is not bad when you use the PPH entrance. :) I liked it. The only other onsite hotel I stayed in was GCH. That one is amazing, but PPH hotel is good to. :)

derraj25
07-22-2004, 07:14 PM
We go to DLR every 6 months and our hotel of choice is the Paradise Pier Hotel. It is casual, comfortable, and intimate. The hotel has just undergone a complete facelife also. We have stayed at the Disneyland Hotel as well but dollar for dollar, we will take the Paradise Pier!

PsychDoc
07-22-2004, 08:40 PM
I love the PPH. It's a nicely themed DL hotel that doesn't "choke" you with the Mouse. The staff are always very freindly. The walk isn't that bad. Very quick to DCA through the PP Walk;dumps you out by the Peir area. My daugher loves the Orange Ride so it works out well for us. Always a great view of the Pier. Yes it's a walk to DL, but if you cut through the Grand Hotel it seems to go much quicker. When coming back, cut through by the Sephora and walk around through the lobby. Finally, the Peir is always much cheaper. The only drawback is the elevators--they are very slooooooow. It's always super slow right after the parades/fireworks. The coffe bar in the lobby is great. Never much of a wait. Nice gift shop. My daughter isn't very fond of Minnie and Friends buffet--the characters suck;maybe just Max and Minnie. I'm taking my 11 year old for a trip alone for our birthdays in September. She prefers the DL Hotel, so we're staying there for 2 days. If it was up to me, we'd stay at the Peir with a theme park view.

MrsG
07-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Thanks for all the great info. How's the pool?? h

SCUBAbe
07-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for all the great info. How's the pool?? h
there's a picture of the pool viewed from our room on hee...www.pixiepics.net/disney

I'm still unsure where the water slide ends or how people get off of it. It doesn't appear to empty into a pool.

hallo
07-23-2004, 10:24 PM
We stayed at PP over July 4th weekend. It's a nice hotel, in a nice location, with it's own entry to the DCA through PP Walk.

Our room was in 6th floor, overlooking Paradie Pier, a nice view, especially at night, since they left the lights on till midnite or so over at the park.
We can't see the fireworks from our room, our room number were at the lower digit, which is the nearest to the PP.
Room has 2 queen beds, very comfy, good pillow. It has a twin size sofa-bed, kind of a day bed, which my son really likes. We got a remodeled room, a very nice touch, with Mickey Mouse and lighthouse lamp, desk and pull out table. Amenities in the room includes in-room-safes, coffee maker, refrigerator, tv. Bathroom amenities as usual, w/ mickey mouse soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotions.
The pool is nice, my son likes this pool better than the one over at Disneyland Hotel. The slide is not that steep, so you are not sliding that fast. One nice thing about the slide it ends in shallow water, not inside a pool. They also have a wading pool, only about 1 feet deep, good for your toddler. There are floaties provided within the pool area for your kids, they have different sizes.