PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel cheaper than Grand Californian Hotel?

Disneyfamily04
07-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Has anyone ever got a quote for the Grand that was cheaper than the Disneyland hotel? (Mostly in the off season) We are planning a April trip and we will have our AP's by then and don't know where to stay! We really want to save a little this year but would love the Grand!

SCUBAbe
07-21-2004, 09:21 PM
it wasn't cheaper, but it wasn't that much more. I was quoted $149.00 for DLH and $169.00 for GCH....for $20.00 more I chose GDH...:)

CoasterChickie
07-21-2004, 09:35 PM
Scubabe- where did you get those quotes from? I have never seen GCH for less than $279.00 anywhere. Did you stay at GCH? What did you like about it compared to DLH? Sorry to ask so many questions...I'm just curious.

rentayenta
07-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Scubabe- where did you get those quotes from? I have never seen GCH for less than $279.00 anywhere. Did you stay at GCH? What did you like about it compared to DLH? Sorry to ask so many questions...I'm just curious.

Ditto. If I could find the GC for under $175, I'd stay there!

sleepyjeff
07-22-2004, 06:28 AM

Expedia has the Grand Californian Hotel for most nights this Fall for only $187.00 per night. Of course, they have the Paradise Pier for most nights at only $111.00 per night. The Hilton.....$229.00 :confused:

sami869
07-22-2004, 08:17 AM

When I stayed there in the off season with my AP discount it was definitly less than $200 a night. I don't remember exactly how much it was but it was definitly a lot cheaper than I expected, which was the only reason we were able to stay there.

SCUBAbe
07-22-2004, 08:56 AM

I stayed at The GCH in april. It was $169.00 a night. That was the AP price I got quoted. (I think it was in april. It was when the tot ap preview was.) It was also during a week day. I ahve never stayed at the DLH, but I ahve stayed at PPH. The GCH was amazing. It was one of the best hotels I've stayed in. I would stay there again if the price was right..:)...I just won't pay over $200 a night for any hotel. I'm hardly ever in the room. We usually just sleep, shower and leave. We sometimes have room service in the morning, but thats when we're getting dressed..:)

MrsG
07-22-2004, 08:58 AM
We called DLR reservations a few days before the weekend of July 10 to book either the DLH or PPH. One was booked and the other was over $200 a night, so the reservation clerk said let me check GCH. We thought, yeah, right. That will be cheaper. :rolleyes: She got us rooms in July for $169 a night. (these were all PAPer rates) If you wait a few days before you trip, you may get lower rates, if you can risk waiting till the last minute.

CoasterChickie
07-22-2004, 11:51 AM
I stayed at The GCH in april. It was $169.00 a night. That was the AP price I got quoted. The GCH was amazing. It was one of the best hotels I've stayed in. I would stay there again if the price was right..:)

Why oh why oh why didn't I get an AP this year (head in hands, sobbing :crying: )

But seriously, thanks for that info. I thought it might be something like that. I think there are probably a lot of us folks out here who went to the official Disney Website when we booked our trips and were only thinking about a 2-day, 3-day or 5-day park hopper. I wish I'd known more about the AP and all the perks that go with it...too bad I didn't find this website sooner. Thanks again.

richas
07-22-2004, 12:28 PM
I will be upgrading to an AP at the end of my December visit this year. Is the "AP Discount" for Grand Cal. on the Sothern Ca AP, or another type (deluxe, or whatever)??

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-22-2004, 03:45 PM
As far as I understand you get the AP hotel discount with all passes but we have Deluxe and that is all I read.
I am curious as to what I should do for Sept 2005 then? Should I book rooms at the cheapest rate I can get? We are going for my son's 4th birthday. And then cancel if I can get a cheaper AP rate just before our trip? I don't want to wait until the last minute to make a reservation.

only1mouse
07-22-2004, 07:07 PM
In June of 2003 we got a rate of $159/night using the AP nights promotion (at GCH). It was sort of a fluke - we were calling almost daily and ended up just getting this rate by chance. I booked an AP rate for December and just keep watching and calling for any AP specials other than the regular 10% discount.

PsychDoc
07-22-2004, 08:48 PM
I'd go ahead and reseve a room now. Remember, they don't charge your credit card until you check out. Also, you can keep calling back and checking if the rate has dropped. This is especially true of AP rates that sometimes are only released a few weeks at a time. Always, reserve a room. Just remember that if you change your mind and want to stay somewhere else, cancel at least 2 days (I think it's 1 or 2 days) before your anticipated date or you'll get charged. I have my room reserved at the DL Hotel in September for $478 -- that's with an AP discount. No way will I pay that. They'll probally release some lower rates at the end of August/first part of Septmember. I'm sure I won't have to pay more than $300 tops -- including park fees and tax.