PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Buttons

TikiTiki
07-21-2004, 03:57 PM
I have been reading a bit and I notice that alot of people go to the City Hall for the Birthday stickers. These are great and the first time we did a birthday there, that's what we got.

After talking with a deskclerk at the hotel, they let me in on a lil secret.

At the DL and also at GC, at the frontdesk, you can get a "hard" Birthday Button. It's really cute and they draw your name on it and your age as well.

It's terrific in that it can be attached to anywhere on your clothing with the pin and it's much more durable!

We of course always go to City Hall for the "call". Gotta do that too ya know?! ;)

Anyways, just a lil info in case anyone wanted one! And if this thread has already been done before or you just all already know, disregard me LOL

I'm not sure if this is the right place for it, so Mods pleasse feel free to move me at will!!

Take Care!

Wendi
07-21-2004, 06:31 PM
That's really good to know... thanks! We had buttons made before our trip for my son's (and about 10 other kiddos) first birthday trip to Disneyland. I kind of want to keep up the tradition so that we have a collection of buttons at some point. This sounds like just the thing!!!

TikiTiki
07-21-2004, 08:04 PM
They are really terrific! My son just adores his and they are in his keepsake box now :)

They take all you can dish out and then some! They are about 3 inches in diameter, white with confetti and balloons :)

Sounds like a perfect idea for your group outing!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-21-2004, 08:44 PM
That is good to know. When we went in May we got a sticker because one of the people in our party was celebrating his birthday.
I was in the group that Wendi posted about, we are going together again in November and those buttons sound like a great idea.

Pilot Mickey
07-21-2004, 09:37 PM
We of course always go to City Hall for the "call". Gotta do that too ya know?! ;)

Sorry to be off subject, but what is the call, is it an actual person talking to u or a recording? I was just wondering cause i never heard of this until my last visit in June

TikiTiki
07-22-2004, 12:45 AM
Sorry to be off subject, but what is the call, is it an actual person talking to u or a recording? I was just wondering cause i never heard of this until my last visit in June

It was a sweet little recording of Goofy wishing you Happy Birthday!

It's very charming and makes my lil guy's day everytime!

heidiwhr
08-28-2004, 01:16 PM
I'm glad I did a search and found this thread! We are celebrating my son's 3rd b-day at DL in Nov. We just changed our reservations from an offsite hotel to the GC. We will have to make sure we stop by the front desk on our way to the park on his actual birthday! He usually pulls stickers on/off his shirt until there's no sticky left, so the button sounds perfect! He loves Goofy, and I had not heard about "the call" before, so that will be a wonderful supprise once we get to City Hall.

Maybe this is not the best thread to ask this, but what is the best place for a birthday "party" at DL? It will be just my dh, son, and I - possibly 1 or 2 other family memebers. While we are not having a huge party for him, I'd still like to make it special. We love Goofy's Kitchen, so I was thinking about doing the extra b-day stuff there, along with a b-day cake from the DL bakery. Any other suggestions? Thanks

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
08-28-2004, 01:45 PM
We had a group of 9 babies turning 1 in October 2002 and we had a party at Storyteller Cafe in GC. It was really nice!

MrsPooh
08-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Maybe this is not the best thread to ask this, but what is the best place for a birthday "party" at DL?

I don't know if this is the best place to have a birthday party, but they have a great one at the Plaza Inn! When you arrive, go straight to the Birthday cart outside the Plaza Inn and get reservations for the party. When we went there were two seatings. It was $10 per person, and you get a Mickey Mouse shaped cake with three colors of frosting and two kinds of sprinkles to decorate your own cake. You also get punch in a souvenier sipper. They have a great party with the baker, Pat E. Cake. He is quite a character, singing and telling jokes, asking trivia questions and such. Then you do a "conga" line to the area where you can have your picture taken with Mickey and Minnie. It is lots of fun!

I was just there this month for my birthday, and though they probably gear the party for kids I sure had a great time! Of course, I am a kid at heart!

I hear they also have a party at Goofy's Kitchen, but I have not been to that one yet.

There was a link posted on Mousepad recently that told the various parties and things available. Anyone know how to pass it on? I haven't mastered this board yet!

Have a great birthday visit! :D

Susan L
08-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the info TikiTiki, we will be celebrating our daughter's 16th birthday and button would be perfect for her. Thanks again.

Disney Vault
08-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I have been to DL and WDW just a few days after my bday about 6 times yet i have never gotten a sticker. i might consider it next time though.

ftroop6
08-29-2004, 09:49 AM
In addition to the birthday button at the hotels (all three will do it) They will also give you a personalized 8x10 glossy that is autographed.

heidiwhr
08-29-2004, 11:09 AM
In addition to the birthday button at the hotels (all three will do it) They will also give you a personalized 8x10 glossy that is autographed.

Very cool! This will be a VERY memorable b-day for my son! We will have to make sure we come back to celebrate often in the years that follow!

BTW - I think I have talked my hubby into doing Goofy's Kitchen for either breakfast or dinner on my son's b-day, then also doing the party at the Plaza Inn mid-afternoon (allowing for nap-time, of course). I can't seem to find times for that party, but understand it's twice daily? I guess I will find out when I call for the PS. :) Thanks for the tips on making this birthday one that at least my hubby and I won't forget! :p

experiment626
08-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Do you have to be staying at the hotel? Or can you just go up to the desk and say its my birthday, can I have a birthday button?

ftroop6
08-29-2004, 06:04 PM
I was able to get a button and the autographed picture just by asking at the front desk. We weren't staying at any of the Resorts for that trip.