PDA

View Full Version : Last weekend in July!

bubsy
07-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Howdy Folks,

After cancelling two trips - last November and May for my birthday we finally have an opportunity to go. I am starting a new job and I have a 4 day break counting the weekend.

We'll arrive in Anaheim around noon, so our Disneyland days will be half of thurs - sat, going home on Sunday.

How busy is it going to be?

Forbin
07-21-2004, 10:02 AM
How about putting it this way.

Enjoy As much of Disneyland(not DCA) you can enjoy on Thurs-Fri. Sat-Sun just go to DCA.

rentayenta
07-21-2004, 10:56 AM
It will be very busy. It will be hot. Most importantly it will be fun as hell.

bubsy
07-22-2004, 06:52 AM
I figured it would be HOT, I was hoping (knowing it probably would be) it wouldn't be terribly busy. But we'll have fun anyway.

lisap
07-22-2004, 07:10 AM
Just get up early--rope drop-- and do as much as you can in the cool of the morning--the crowds will be lowest then as well. Take a break in the afternoon, and enjoy the park at night.

Enjoy your trip!

tod
07-22-2004, 08:52 AM
Just get up early--rope drop--...

Do they even do the rope drop any more?

bubsy
08-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Well, we got back yesterday afternoon.

We had a lot of fun, we arrived in Anaheim around noon and got into the park at about 12:45 on Thursday. We rode I think, every single ride that day but Jungle Cruise, The Mark Twain, Columbia, Tom Sawyer and The Casey Junior - those are the rides I don't really like all that much. Oh and HISTA, which I have seen too many times to care about anymore.

Pooh was better than I expected, but made no sense to me.

It didn't seem all that crowded on thursday, friday or saturday, except of course during fantasmic.

We rode Soarin' for the first time and it was cool. It's tough to be a big was cute.

I really enjoyed the Tower of Terror, the wait was never longer than 20 minutes on Thurs, and Fri. But my favorite part of DCA is GRR - not riding it, but watching the people on the bridge get soaked by the geyser. I could watch that for hours.

We stayed at the Hojo, and I wasn't impressed and won't stay there again. unless we get an extrememly cheap cheap cheap rate. Our room was dark and the toilet barely flushed. I hadn't stayed there since BEFORE the improvements, I remember the rooms being nicer and not soooo dark, the grounds are nice though.

Overall it was fun, the food at both parks sucks... Rancho Zocalo was better than I expected but really I wish they'd improve the food. The popcorn was tasty though.

BigAlH
08-02-2004, 03:52 PM

Um... why didn't it make sense? I take it you've never read or seen The Blustery Day??

I guess the Heffalumps and Woozles part would seem a bit like Alice if you've never heard/seen the story. :D

-al

Mickeyslittlehelper
08-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Glad you had a good trip. Sorry to hear about your stay. We were there last August and had a wonderful room, ours must have been newly done, and our toilet was the best "flusher" for a hotel one.

Forbin
08-02-2004, 04:12 PM

I was confused by this too. Pooh Follows the Movie up until he wakes up..then I don't know where the Birthday Party came from.

bubsy
08-02-2004, 05:54 PM
I was confused by this too. Pooh Follows the Movie up until he wakes up..then I don't know where the Birthday Party came from.

Right, I didn't understand why it was suddenly his birthday.

BigAlH
08-03-2004, 12:36 PM
Right, I didn't understand why it was suddenly his birthday.

Someone got confused and mistook the Hero party for a birthday party. :D

-al

adriennek
08-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Someone got confused and mistook the Hero party for a birthday party. :D

And they forgot to invite Eeyore.

Adrienne