PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland 50th Info from Disney Insider

Wendi
07-21-2004, 09:02 AM
Here's the official news that I got in my email today...

The Whole Story (http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v040719.html)

~Sleeping Beauty Castle will become even more regal. The castle will be trimmed with gold and embellished with jewels.

~A fireworks show tentatively titled Remember ... Dreams Come True will be hosted by Jiminy Cricket and Tinker Bell, with a new flight path for the pixie.

~Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams will boast seven rolling stages sporting bungee jumpers, stilt walkers, and acrobats, as well as an enormous cast of Disney characters.

~Tomorrowland will welcome Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters, an incarnation of Walt Disney World's immersive video-game romp. Nearby, Space Mountain will reopen after a long rehab, spruced up with new special effects, ride vehicles, and sound systems.

~Not to be left out of the festivities, the Disney Magic is sailing to Southern California for the summer of 2005. From the end of May through August, the ship will offer seven-night cruises setting out from Los Angeles, with stops at Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas.

The Parade of Dreams sounds awesome... and I'd LOVE a Disney Cruise... just wish they weren't so expensive! Oh well, I can dream.

olegc
07-21-2004, 09:11 AM
This info was posted way back on May 5th... in a presentation by the corporation. Not to sound calous - but your insider just gave you public data...

jrad32
07-21-2004, 09:14 AM
Yep, public info that remains disappointing

Wendi
07-21-2004, 09:21 AM
Yes I realize that this is all public information already, but I hadn't heard the details of the parade yet (w/bungee jumpers, etc.)... I can't wait to see it.

David R
07-21-2004, 09:28 AM
rolling stages? Are they reusing the spectromagic ones?

JeffG
07-21-2004, 10:16 AM
This info was posted way back on May 5th... in a presentation by the corporation. Not to sound calous - but your insider just gave you public data...

I believe the post was referring to The Disney Insider (http://disney.go.com/features/insider/), which is the official newsletter sent out by Disney.com. It wasn't claiming to be top-secret information obtained from someone inside the company...

-Jeff

Opus1guy
07-21-2004, 03:15 PM
rolling stages? Are they reusing the spectromagic ones?

Or Light Magic's?

rolling stages sporting bungee jumpers

Great. Instead of "Tiggerdance" (Light Magic), we'll get "Cirque du Stromboli" (Parade of Dreams).

;)

SCUBAbe
07-21-2004, 03:21 PM
thats the same info that was in the disney magazine...:) I can't wait for space to re-open.

MZCosmo
07-22-2004, 10:23 AM
I think they may be using the floats from Eureka, they still have them in a warehouse in the DCA backlot. There is no talk of bringing that parade back, and the floats are already set up for the CMs to do tricks and stunts on them.

David R
07-22-2004, 12:19 PM
Or Light Magic's?

Oops, that's what I meant.