PDA

View Full Version : Single Rider Fastpass - No Longer at IJA

Goofy'sDad
07-21-2004, 08:25 AM
They have discontinued the single rider Fastpass option on IJA. Apparently they discovered that some folks had figured out a loophole in the system and were abusing it. C'est la vie.

The only ride that it's currently available on in DL is Splash.

At DCA, single rider FP is available on GRR, Maliboomer, and Soarin'.

Are there non-FP rides that bump up single riders?

DisneylandForever
07-21-2004, 08:35 AM
My cousin and I only abused it once. We only had a few minutes left in DCA and we wanted to hit Soarin', so I went to the single rider line, and my cousin followed about 30 seconds later. We ended up right next to each other on the ride. I felt a little bad, but I eventually got over it. :p

But after that day I realized that people must do that all the time. I mean, what's to stop them?

DCACM
07-21-2004, 09:08 AM
My cousin and I only abused it once. We only had a few minutes left in DCA and we wanted to hit Soarin', so I went to the single rider line, and my cousin followed about 30 seconds later. We ended up right next to each other on the ride. I felt a little bad, but I eventually got over it. :p

But after that day I realized that people must do that all the time. I mean, what's to stop them?

We Aviators are aware of this type of activity and do our best to keep an eye on how many singles are waiting in the line. I've had many Stand-By passengers alert me to Singles jumping the line. They are pulled out. A Single Rider jumping into the Stand-By line equates cutting and that's a serious offence at a theme park.

True, we can't catch everyone, and the Stand-By folks won't always tell us; so really the only thing stopping (or not stopping) you from cheating your fellow guests is your conscience (or lack thereof).

Pammer
07-21-2004, 09:34 AM
They have discontinued the single rider Fastpass option on IJA. Apparently they discovered that some folks had figured out a loophole in the system and were abusing it. C'est la vie.

The only ride that it's currently available on in DL is Splash.

At DCA, single rider FP is available on GRR, Maliboomer, and Soarin'.

That's too bad...my hubby and I never minded using the Single Rider option at IJA, Splash, or Soarin'...we've ridden them so many times that we're fine with just enjoying the attraction itself and don't care if we ride separately. It was a great way to fill in the empty seats too. :crying:

cstephens
07-21-2004, 09:59 AM

I don't see how that's abusing the system. You don't have to be by yourself to use single rider. As long as you don't insist on sitting next to each other, you're following the rules. It was just a lucky coincidence that you were able to sit together.

Goofy'sDad - Do you know what the loophole was? Other than cutting in line and insisting on sitting with someone else, I'm not sure how one could abuse the single rider line. Thanks.

Durliin
07-21-2004, 10:16 AM
They didnt get rid of it becasue of Abuse... the reason it is no longer there is becasue Every single guest now must watch a saftey film and that means they all have to wait in a the line at a certain point... and with the new film room procedure Singlerieder was adding too much cludder making the waits in line longer even for fastpass guests and pretty much made the purpose for single rider pointless...

SoCalDisneyLover
07-21-2004, 11:43 AM
pretty much made the purpose for single rider pointless...

The safety film is what's pointless. Especially for the Single Riders who have likely seen it before. The only other ride I know of that has such a film is Soarin'. I guess it's the wave of tomorrow. Looking forward to the safety lesson on Space. "Now here is how you buckle your safety belt. Pay attention please."

blusilva
07-21-2004, 01:34 PM
The safety film is what's pointless. Especially for the Single Riders who have likely seen it before. The only other ride I know of that has such a film is Soarin'. I guess it's the wave of tomorrow. Looking forward to the safety lesson on Space. "Now here is how you buckle your safety belt. Pay attention please."

There are safety films at Star Tours and at HISTA. Pre-rehab Space also had a safety film of sorts, detailing who shouldn't ride. It's not a new phenomenon.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
07-21-2004, 02:38 PM
The Little tods and I use the single rider line at Soarin' a lot, I'm not sure how that's abuse. We go in knowing we most likely won't be sitting together although a lot of times we end up on the same whatever that thing is called (boat, sailor, big erector set car?). Although once, the older Little tod and I went single rider and we were given the same door, two different lines. When I got in I was directed to the last row, he was at the middle row and there was a party of like 8 or 9 people. Well, I'm waiting and big Little tod is waiting for them to sort themselves out...you know, boy-girl-boy-girl...Billy, you change places with Chrissy...and the CM sees us both waiting and says "there are two together in the front row."

So we got to dangle our feet in front of Billy and Chrissy and I confess, I didn't tell the CM "oh, that's okay, we're actually single riders and shouldn't be together in the front row." :)

dingdong2U
07-21-2004, 08:07 PM
According to one of the Indiana Jones Castmembers I spoke to, one of the reasons why Single Rider for that attraction was discontinued was due to abuse.

The abuse mainly consisted of groups asking to use Single Rider, bypassing most of the line, watching the Safety Film and then pocketing the Single Rider pass and heading up the stairs and riding the attraction together.

There really wasn't any way the castmembers could tell who was doing Single Rider and who wasn't. The only way they would know is if the guest flashed them the Single Rider pass so they could re-direct them to the elevator instead of up the stairs like a regular guest.

The castmember told me that they were actually running out of the "Single Rider" passes about mid-afternoon due to this abuse.

So, another benefit for the guests bites the dust. Hopefully "Splash" won't lose it's Single Rider line anytime soon. Hey, I wonder what a "Splash" Safety Video would look like? ;)

--- Mike

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-21-2004, 09:15 PM
I was going to ask why now we HAVE to watch the IJA safety video?

Darkbeer
07-21-2004, 09:59 PM
dingdong2u got it right, the single rider pass got you to the "Safety Film" a lot quicker than the regular line (and now EVERYONE must watch the film!).. well, what was supposed to happen is after the film, the single riders (with the pass) got pulled out after the film and taken to a special loading area...

But the ABUSERS used the pass to get to the "film" room, and then "hid" the pass and weren't "pulled" out...

Well, this caused TWO problems, one was the lack of single rider passes, as they are normally "recycled", well when you don't turn them in, they show up missing, one big clue as to what was going on..... The second was the abuse.....

It didn't take too long for the program to stop being offered after the revision of the queue......

To Mommyof2.... LAWYERS and INSURANCE companies... SAFETY first, and how can you really prove who did and didn't see the film before easily... (I know, it ... well, since you have two cute young boys, I won't use the last word, but I use the same thing when I talk about how much I hate the Dodgers and Raiders....:~D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-22-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Darkbeer, I figured as much. But I hadn't really paid attention before. Safety first LOL