PDA

View Full Version : Mara Religion

rexfarms
11-10-2001, 12:41 PM
In the past there have been talks about a Disney religion. But, I think we should have a Mara religion from IJA TotFE. What do you all say? I mean, is Mara really that evil? She told us not to look. What should be some rules. Or am I just crazy and we should all be on Indy's side? LOL. You know, just for fun.

Nigel2
11-10-2001, 10:02 PM
I think mara is either a guy or unisex since it has a man's voice, the a chest of a man... But anyway who "maintains" the temple's traps? Someone (possibly the enitre religion hides there) has to be there to reset everthing and feed the cobra and rats.

zapppop
11-10-2001, 10:08 PM
She's evil !
I didn't look and yet she tried to kill me ! :eek:

Of course, in her defense, lots of people wanna kill me :D

Cadaverous Pallor
11-11-2001, 02:30 PM
Mara is supposed to be male. As for him being evil, well, he's at least a tease. I mean come on, if you don't want people looking in your eyes, at least wear a bandage over them! That huge statue staring at us helpless tourists is too much to resist.

Ghoulish Delight and I on the ride -

Mara: You looked into my eyes...
GD: I looked! I looked! I couldn't help it....
Me: Not AGAIN?! I wanted to see what's around that corner for once!
GD: I just can't help it, I'm sorry.

:p :p :p Heehee, gotta love it.

Nigel2
11-11-2001, 02:34 PM
Well if they blindfolded the Mara idol then no one would earn that, he would probably blow the thing off with an eye blast.

rexfarms
11-11-2001, 02:39 PM
Its a guy, voice is male, but in the calender room, looks female.

Ace
11-11-2001, 06:10 PM
I think I heard somewhere that Mara was supposed to be female, but they changed it halfway through and kept the same name

Lost Boy
11-11-2001, 07:33 PM
The original concept of Mara was female, but before the ride was officially opened it was changed to Male with a Male voice. Male Gods who get ****ed off if you look at them when you are told not too, can sound much more threatening than a female voice. Sorry girls, but a bass male voice booming out at you is just more threatening.

See the post of Secrets of Indy for all the answers to the Indiana Jones Ride.

Gemini Cricket
11-11-2001, 07:40 PM
Isn't James Earl Jones the voice of Mara? That's what I heard. Could be wrong.

Lost Boy
11-11-2001, 07:49 PM
I will ask the next time I see the person responsible for this attraction. That's one I never thought about so I never asked.

tabacco
11-11-2001, 07:53 PM
It sounds a little like him, now that I think about it. You never know :)

"No, Indy. I AM your father!"

Whoops... wrong J.E.J. character :)

For a bit of fun, try asking the unload CM to please see that a better driver is picked next time, because the one on this ride obviously took a wrong turn at the big face statue. ;)

Nigel2
11-11-2001, 09:22 PM
Its the guy that did the voice of the beast in beauty and the beast, not JEJ.

tabacco
11-11-2001, 09:28 PM
The eigth wonder that is imdb tells me that that would be Robby Benson :)

rexfarms
11-11-2001, 10:03 PM
Well, if I ever do get some rules for this religion, then I think Mara will be a female. Just seems better. But as a God, she can change her voice to sound mad. Eh? LOL, rember this is just for fun.