PDA

View Full Version : Great Time at DLR, but 2 questions

Explicit
07-20-2004, 02:59 PM
I got back sunday night after a week at the Disneyland Resort. The weather was great though very humid and it was nice to just get away. I do though have two questions. The first is does anyone know where I can report bad cast members? I was suprised that Disneyland hired such a person. The person works at the Plaza Inn cleaning tables. I wont give out the person's name, but after my family talked to him all this guy did was talk about working the angles such as selling his free passes for money and how to steal food from the Plaza Inn. I have met many cast members that had great personalities and were just intresting to talk to. This guy was not one of them. If anyone knows an e-mail address to report bad workers to Disney please do give the address.

Also, after 16 years since I was last at Knotts Berry Farm (I was 2 when I last went) My family decided to take a visit to the park. What a huge dissapointment. Five or six big roller coasters and workers who couldn't even fake like they enjoyed working there. The best thing about the park was the lines for everything were short. This is where my second question comes in, On Ghostrider the Brown wooden one, is it normal for the workers to shove screwdrivers in the side of the cart to let people out of the seat? The one cart I was on, thats how they got us out. Now maybe its just me, but I don't see that as standard operation. Guess I wont be going back there for another 16 years. :p

Besides those two inciedents the trip was great. Sorry for the long post, just had to get that off my back.

Oh yea, all the girls looked great too. Man I have to move down to Southern Cali.

cstephens
07-20-2004, 03:37 PM
If anyone knows an e-mail address to report bad workers to Disney please do give the address.

Here's a link (https://secure.disney.go.com/dlr/common/contactUs) to the "contact us" page of disneyland.com. You can send your information there. I would be as specific as possible with date, time, location, the CM's name and any distinguishing features about the CM so that they can pinpoint the person as much as possible. Wouldn't want to get someone in trouble just because they happen to work in the same place and have the same first name.

This is where my second question comes in, On Ghostrider the Brown wooden one, is it normal for the workers to shove screwdrivers in the side of the cart to let people out of the seat? The one cart I was on, thats how they got us out. Now maybe its just me, but I don't see that as standard operation.

I remember going on Ghostrider a year or so ago, and they were using the screwdrivers a lot as well. We figured that must be a fairly regular occurrence since they had the screwdrivers handy and seemed pretty adept at using them. I don't know about "official" standard operating procedure, but if it works, at least they have the tools they need to take care of the problem.

Darkbeer
07-20-2004, 04:02 PM
The Screwdriver is the proper tool for the job, it operates like a key.

To prevent guests from releasing the Lap Bar themselves, they can't leave a button or lever, or something like that. When the train returns to the station, the lap bar is supposed to be released by a mechanism under the train, on the track itself. Sometimes it misses a lap bar or two, also, occasionally riders will pull down the lap bar, but fail to place their seat belt on, the screwdriver is used to release the lap bar to allow the placement of the seatbelt.

mystycalchyk
07-20-2004, 04:07 PM
And not to hijack but what a great coaster. I love the Ghostrider!!!

And you can go to guest relations to report either good or a bad castmember experience. I always trry to head over there anytime I feel I am treated particularly well, or if a CM simply oozes with disneymagic. They hear all the bad stuff all day, it's nice to have the good stuff too ;)

Explicit
07-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the e-mail address.

Ghostrider was a great ride. I was laughing the whole time because I didn't expect it to be so fast. It was great, just the whole screwdriver thing seemed out of place.

At least I was able to see the Castle before it got boarded up. And the firework show was pretty good. Nice to see something different. Still never did catch the Snow White show. Oh well, maybe in December. One funny thing that I heard was a cast member tell the guest that Thunder Moutain had a 50% chance of opening last monday. I just laughed because I knew he was lying. Again thanks. :)

Forbin
07-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Acutally they didn't use Screwdrivers Before.

The used these little Plastic Knobs that had a small stick in the ceter that where easy to hold and were made by the manufacturer to open the locks. Probably Cost about $10 a Knob. And broke once a month. Then one day a CM went Hold it, we could use these 50cent screwdrivers to open it. And they don't break. And a money saving idea was born.

Thomas
07-20-2004, 08:02 PM
The person works at the Plaza Inn cleaning tables. I wont give out the person's name, but after my family talked to him all this guy did was talk about working the angles such as selling his free passes for money and how to steal food from the Plaza Inn. I have met many cast members that had great personalities and were just intresting to talk to. This guy was not one of them.

Explicit, what night did you eat at the Plaza Inn. I to was there last week and I think I know which employee you are talking about. I ate there on Wednesday night last week late afternoon.

Explicit
07-20-2004, 10:42 PM
I ate there on Wedensday at about 7 o 'clock. The sun was still out so it might have been 6:30. I do know since he did say that he had been working there for 4 weeks and already had points on his record. (So Disney uses a point system for bad work) He wore glasses and he had braces on his two front teeth. Well there weren't may thats for sure. :|

BJW
07-21-2004, 01:16 AM
Sorry, but this CM that is selling free passes is terrible! This is one of my pet peeves. I got hit twice one trip, once in the garage and once in the esplanade. Back when a one day passport was $45 one was going to charge me $35, he told me to go tell the City Hall CMs that I lost mine and they would give me one I could use for fastpass. I told him I was an AP and he left. I hope he got arrested. This is an employee perk, not a right that can be exploited for cash. If they keep this up and it gets out of hand Ouimet and co. will eliminate sign-in priviledges next.

Obiwan
07-21-2004, 02:29 AM
I was at DL on my husbands birthday 7-17 with my son and husband and we had such a wonderful time with one Cast member. She let my 6 year old "drive" the Mark Twain. We had not known previously that this was done and we have had AP's for years. She was WONDERFUL to my son the whole trip. She made him feel like he was the first person ever to get to do this.

I went to City Hall wanting to have a compliment written about her and before I was given the paper to fillout I was in my mind discouraged about filling it out.
I was told "Dont fill this out if they were nice to you. We are all supposta be nice". I wanted to laugh in her face, just because it is in the job description to be nice it doesnt make you that way. My feeling is that if when the really nice ones are complimented on what they do more might go a bit out of their way to be nicer.

I have written ones for nice CM's and I even went so far as to reem one security manager up one side and down the other for one of the security persons upsetting my son so much he started crying and wanting to leave right then. She told us to leave the landing just to the side of the Mark Twain dock with 2 minutes left of Fantasmic. She actually raised her voice to me. Well the manager told us all of Disneyland is a viewing spot, we could sit there and the next person who tried to make us leave got an earfull from me.
Theres one thing you dont do is make my child cry.

Thomas
07-21-2004, 07:59 AM
I ate there on Wedensday at about 7 o 'clock. The sun was still out so it might have been 6:30. I do know since he did say that he had been working there for 4 weeks and already had points on his record. (So Disney uses a point system for bad work) He wore glasses and he had braces on his two front teeth. Well there weren't may thats for sure. :|

No, different guy. I to was eating there around that time.

mjformenotyou
07-21-2004, 08:51 AM
I went to City Hall wanting to have a compliment written about her and before I was given the paper to fillout I was in my mind discouraged about filling it out.
I was told "Dont fill this out if they were nice to you. We are all supposta be nice".
On our last trip, we filled out two of these forms, and we had heard that if a cast member recieves one of these, it's supposedly really really good; they're commended in some sort of way, I think.

I tend to do this at all places, fill out customer feedback forms, good and bad. I've even once sent cards to both a phenomenally great employee at the NeimanMarcus in Chicago, and to the general manager to let them know what a great asset she was (especially since I tend to HATE the service I get at NM's)

Because of course they're all supposed to be friendly, and these forms at DLR are for the ones who have gone beyond being just friendly. We had an experience with one CM who saw us one day at the petting zoo at DLR, and then the next day at a Mulan meet n greet at DCA the next day and remembered us and everything we had talked about the day before, even that it was my little sister's 18th birthday. Quite surprising, considering a lot of the kids who work there seem so blasse about it all.
[Especially now, when I'm older, it shocks me, because when I was little I was so into the idea of working at Disneyland.. but I guess once you actually get the job.. its a job..]

Lindsay

DCACM
07-21-2004, 09:27 AM
does anyone know where I can report bad cast members? I was suprised that Disneyland hired such a person. The person works at the Plaza Inn cleaning tables. All this guy did was talk about working the angles such as selling his free passes for money and how to steal food from the Plaza Inn. If anyone knows an e-mail address to report bad workers to Disney please do give the address.

I ate there on Wedensday at about 7 o 'clock. The sun was still out so it might have been 6:30. I do know since he did say that he had been working there for 4 weeks and already had points on his record. (So Disney uses a point system for bad work) He wore glasses and he had braces on his two front teeth.

Its important that management is notified about this type of CM ASAP! Especially while he's still on "probation". After probation its more difficult to fire someone. His points will get him terminated eventually, but the sooner the better, before more harm is done to guest service and the company.

We need watchdogs out there like you folks. Please let us know when we're falling short and also exceeding. If you see a CM engaging in activity like you mentioned above, don't even wait to go all the way to Guest Relations. Look for a Lead, Manager, or Security Host ASAP!

Nothing infuriates me more than an indifferent or unethical CM.

Explicit
07-21-2004, 10:04 AM
I just reported the cast member. To bad I'll never know if they let him go or not. Is their any way that I would be able to know what happened?

DisneylandForever
07-21-2004, 10:18 AM
I just reported the cast member. To bad I'll never know if they let him go or not. Is their any way that I would be able to know what happened?

Yeah. When he shows up at your front door without his shirt on, and he's covered in tattoos, and he has a club in one hand and the free passes you refused to buy in the other. You'll know then. LOL

Forbin
07-21-2004, 10:26 AM
Probably not...even someone here telling you could get them in trouble if they are known outside of their MP handle. Personnel issues are very hush hush.