PDA

View Full Version : Question about current crowds

BJW
07-20-2004, 01:11 AM
I had a quick question about the crowds right now. How are standby wait times for some of the major attractions on weekdays (ex. Wed, Thurs) such as ToT, Matterhorn, SoC, and any others you may know of. I'm considering taking a trip to the resort soon and was considering waiting until September but I didn't want to wait that long. So does anyone have any ideas?

soccerlady16
07-20-2004, 07:09 PM
We went to DL last wed 7/14/04 and it was more crowed than I thought, it was better then going on the weekend though. We got there really early and did the west side of the park in about 2 hours. Indy was about 25min in the morning we came back around 8:00 pm and it was 75min. The first thing we did when we got there was to get a FP for Splash which was at 9:30am and the stand-by was already 50min. long. I can't remember how long Matterhorn was but the line started right across from the sub lagoon so it was not bad at all. I would recommed hitting DL really early in the morning than head to DCA since its always less crowded. Something I learned that day- take it slow around noon, it was very hot and got tried really fast.

SCUBAbe
07-20-2004, 08:08 PM
The crowds were not as bad as I was expecting on July18 & 19. On the 18th we did DL. We did use ridemax, so we had about 14 rides done by noon including Indy, splash and matterhorn. We left the park around noon, because it was very hot and getting a bit more crowded. (this may be why I didn't think it was very crowded.) We went back to DL at 6pm after it has cooled down. (it was pretty crowded in spots.) We then went on spalsh again and star tours. Splash had a long wait time 70+ min. Indy said 45min, but it was more like 20min. The wait for matterhorn was about 15 min. Everything else had no wait.

DCA had very light crowds. We went to the park at 10am (did not use ridemax) and got on all the rides we wanted. (about 6) We left for home at 2pm.

BJW
07-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'm probably going to go around the 4th or 5th or so next month. It doesn't sound that bad, I think I'll take the advice you guys gave about getting there early. I usually don't like going during the summer because of the crowds but weekdays don't sound that bad this year.