PDA

View Full Version : Buena Park Dinner Shows

JEFFJAGUAR
07-19-2004, 09:07 PM
As Disneyland Resort really doesn't have a dinner show the way they have at Pioneer Hall in Florida (something they really can use!) we generally travel over to Buena Park for the 2 dinner shows they have there.

Boy were we disappointed to discover that Wild Bill's which we thought was an entertaining well worth it Western show had closed and they are talking about some sort of Pirate adventure show opening up there next summer.

What a bummer; the Pirate show they have in Orlando is atrocious. Anybody with any further information of just what is planned there and why they shut Wild Bill's?

Tink
07-19-2004, 09:15 PM
Wow, didn't know about Wild Bill's closing, thanks for the info. Our family loves to go to the dinner shows in Buena Park. I too will be on the lookout for more info about the new show. Hopefully they will keep a dinner show there and won't turn the lot into an apartment complex or a hotel or something...

JJ: Is the pirate show in Orlando you spoke of run by the same people who put on the Wild Bills show here on the west coast???

JEFFJAGUAR
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Don't know about whether atrocious Pirate show in Orlando is owned by same people who are putting in this new show in the building once occupied by Wild Bill's....

Actually, about 8 or 9 years ago, an outfit called Orlando Entertains had 2 dinner shows in Orlando, Wild Bill's at Fort Liberty and King Henry's Feast. When they opened Wild Bill's in Buena Park they were also going to open a King Henry's Feast right near DL. The building was built but apparently they ran out of money or something like that. So King Henry's Feast in Anaheim never opened and the building was put to another use. Then they closed the 2 attractions in Orlando leaving Wild Bill's in Buena Park which is now closed, a sad fact I discovered last Wednesday when I tried to make reservations and received a message the number has been discontinued and then I drove by there this evening and saw the sign about this Pirate show;

Of course, why doesn't DL have something like Hoop de Doo? Sure beats me.

SCUBAbe
07-19-2004, 09:28 PM
I went to wild bills once. The food was really bad...the entertainment was ok, but not good enough to go back...

Forbin
07-20-2004, 08:22 AM
If all else fails you can go to Mideval Times.

richas
07-20-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm looking onto Med. Times for our next trip. Seems pretty pricey. Which would you pick, Med. Times or a meal at Blue Bayou?

Forbin
07-20-2004, 01:18 PM
Depends...I did BB all the darn time when I was dating.

After it was too late (HEHE) my wife found out I love Medieval crap and takes me there for my B-Day every year.

BB - About $40 person - Time about an hour. Very romantic
Medieval Times - About $45 person - Time, about 2 hours. Tons of fun if you like watching Men and Horses beat each other with big steel swords, and aren't too picky about eating chicken with your hands.

Edit : And I can't spell Medieval properly either..heh

tink1234
07-20-2004, 01:20 PM
I've never eaten at Blue Bayou, but I definately would choose Mid. Times. We went 2 years ago. We drove from OK and had reservations for the first show of the night. It gave the kids something to look forward to the night before DL. The entertainment was awesome. The food was great, too. There was a lot of food. We paid for 3 plates and had two lap children (so they shared our plates). We still had leftovers to take back to our room. We might wait a couple of years, but we will absolutely go back!

tink1234
07-20-2004, 01:23 PM
I think I need to elaborate on my post to keep from sounding cheap! :p The lap children were both babies, 2 and 6 months. We weren't trying to cheat the system!

BigAlH
07-20-2004, 02:57 PM
We did Medieval Times 2 years ago (the RV park we stayed at is just a couple miles up the road on Beach Blvd).

It was pricey - especially if you get some gifts and "utilize" the bar. We did it on one of our "days off" from DLR and it ended costing about the same as an amusement park entrance.

The show itself is a lot of fun though, for all ages. When we were there our knight won and picked my daughter to be the "princess". She was only 5 and was quite shy so she didn't accept.

You don't have to be into renaissance/medieval type stuff to enjoy the show - they make it enjoyable for all. Cheering on your knight is a lot of fun.

We didn't make it there this trip but are considering it next year.

-al

sediment
07-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Cable Guy dialogue --
Broderick character: May I have some utensils?
Garofalo character: There were no utensils in medieval times, hence there ARE no utensils at Medieval Times. Would like a refill on your Pepsi?