PDA

View Full Version : My first trip report (july 17-july19)

SCUBAbe
07-19-2004, 08:01 PM
We drove down on saturday past the blazing hills. I can't believe the fire was that close to the freeway. We stayed at the carousel inn. For $59 a night it was ok. (If you're staying there bring your own pillows. Mine was flat with lumps in it. The room also smelled musty, but we turned the airon and it was better when we got back in later.) Anyway, We got checked in, walked to downtown disney, upgraded my parents Ap's an then went to the disneyland hotel. We walked around all the waterfalls and looked at the koi. We then had dinner and went back to the room. We wanted to watch the fireworks, but there were to many loud kids around the pool. So, we went into the beakfast room and watched from there. We could see them very well. =)

We got to DL at 7:50am. There were already tons of people lined up to get in. We were in the gates by 8:05am. (yes, the line went fast..=) ) We had our ridemax schedule, which we followed closely. (it did not deter from the fun. It actually made the day VERY enjoyable) We got on 14 rides by noon. Of course when we got to Indy it was broke down. We went on other rides then went to splash and it was broke down. The CM's at splash told us Indy was back up...so we went there then back to splash. So, there was a bit of back tracking, but it was because the rides were down, nothing to do with ridemax. Anyway, we were WAY ahead of our ridemax schedule. So, we checked into PP hotel and cooled down until 6pm. (we wanted to rest and get away from the heat and crowds. It wasn't that crowded, but it was getting busier.) The PP hotel is very nice and the pillows were the best. Well, copared to what we had the night before anyway...LOL.. We went back to DL at 6pm and rode 3 more rides. We could have donw more, we just didn't feel like it and we had completed out ridemax schedule. We then went to DCA for an hour. Rode TOT (we were going to ride it twice, but it broke down), and GRR. We also saw the electric parade. We then went back to PP and watched the fireworks form the pool level. The pipe the music from the show in so it was really cool!

Today we went to DCA. They had very light crowds, so we did not use the ridemax schedule there. We went on TOT, screamin, muholland madness, maliboomer, and soarin...we also had lunch. We left for home at 2pm. Thankfully the freeway was back open, but the fire burned right to the freeway.

(I have pictures of the fire and DL/DCA, but I haven't uploaded them yet...=))

lisap
07-19-2004, 08:29 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip and got lots done--during the summer, that means a lot. :) Thanks for the report!

SCUBAbe
07-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip and got lots done--during the summer, that means a lot. :) Thanks for the report!

It was one of the most enjoyable trips we've had. :)

I forgot, we also went to the disney discount store. We has a little trouble finding it, but we loved the store. One shirt that I've been eyeing at the park was there. I'm glad I waited to buy it now. :)

lisap
07-19-2004, 08:36 PM
One shirt that I've been eyeing at the park was there. I'm glad I waited to buy it now. :)

Don'tcha love it when that happens? They musthave a lot of the good Winter stuff there now, huh. I bought six pairs of DL mittens there for six bucks one summer. Tucked them in my drawer till Winter, and it was a nice surprise to myself a few months later. ;)

poohray
07-20-2004, 03:09 AM
Could you tell me where the discount store is. I have heard a lot about it and my sweetie and I are going to drive down to Disneyland this weekend would love to see discount prices for gifts for Mom and Dad because they love a good bargain. :rolleyes: .

Pammer
07-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Could you tell me where the discount store is. :rolleyes: .

The Disney Character Warehouse outlet store is at the Orangefair Marketplace, about 3 miles north of Disneyland and just past 91. The mall is at the corner of Harbor and Orangethorpe...if driving north on Harbor, turn right on Orangethorpe and then right at the first light. This will take you into the parking lot and the store is to the left in front of you. (There is also a Circuit City to the right, which is a good landmark.) Great values, and new stuff arrives almost every day! :eek:

For anyone staying at the DLR without transportation, the Orange County Transit bus will get you there in about 20 minutes...straight up Harbor. Just remember to leave enough room in your luggage to store your purchases for your return trip home! :D

SCUBAbe
07-20-2004, 10:53 AM
the front of the stores are all boarded up. They are remodeling the center. At least it appears that way to me. They have some banners on the fences surrounding the stores and also up high where they store signs normally are. They have some cool stuff in there, but sizes are very limited. Which I would expect from a discount store. The prices were really good. My daughter got a jersey that was $55 in the park for $29.99 and a stuffed bear that they use to sell in the GRR store for $25.00 we got for $10.00. One of my shirts had a price of $28.00 on it and it was selling for $9.99. It was well worth the trip down the street.

SCUBAbe
07-20-2004, 09:30 PM
The pictures Pictures (http://pixiepics.net/disney) are ready. There are pictures of the fire we saw on the way down, the hotels, DTD, and some pictures in the park.

Hakuna Makarla
07-20-2004, 09:49 PM
I loved the pictures!! ( not the fire, but the cute ducks!! )

Thank you for sharing, I am getting so excited again about my trip!!!

mainstreet54
07-20-2004, 09:55 PM
looks like you had a great time. just one question what is ridemax?

SCUBAbe
07-20-2004, 10:11 PM
looks like you had a great time. just one question what is ridemax?

www.ridemax.com
it's something that you download. You can then choose the date you are going to the park and enter the rides you want to go on. It schedules some freetime, but I scheduled longer breaks. I followed the schedule pretty closely and it sent me to where the waits would be the least, when to get a fast past, ect. It worked out really well. Sometimes you need to be flexible. Like when indy broke down on us. We went on other rides on the list. We ended up way ahead of the schedule. I was really surprided it worked out so well.:)