PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be an "Info-Imagi-Mouseka-teer!"

DisneyDustin22
07-19-2004, 02:11 PM
Since so many of the posts here either bash DCA, or complain about the upkeep at DL, or the wait times, or the prices, or what not. Everyone has their own opinios of what is going on currently at the resort and how we could or want to change it. Despite all our differences and opinions, we all share one common thing here, and that is we are all in some way shape or form of another, Disneyland Geeks! Most of us probably picked on the pocket protector thick glasses type in school, laughing at them behind their back and mocking the fact they knew everything about anything. Well I can gurantee most of mine and your friends alike do the same to you when you start talking Disney. lol. I know because my friends do it to me. But despite that, I am proud to be a Disney geek and love sharing my knowledge, as most of you do as well, to those around us who, "just don't understand". When they think that they have to arrive 3 hrs early to get the best spot for fantasmic, when I know a little spot just off left to the main light stand next to the staircase that is NEVER occupied until I get there 10min before showtime =) or how they dont understand how on a busy summer day, you can do most rides in the park 2 or 3 times, sit down for a meal or two AND have time for a nap in there as well. We know these things and we are the disney geeks. Nobody else shares the pride we do and I am proud to be a part of this family! See you all at the happiest place on earth!

drjones
07-19-2004, 02:19 PM
here, here!

mystycalchyk
07-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Most of us probably picked on the pocket protector thick glasses type in school, laughing at them behind their back and mocking the fact they knew everything about anything.

Well I can honestly say I never did that. :| I was too busy getting picked on for being chunky. :rolleyes:

BUt yeah, I embrace my disneygeekiness. :fez:

*shrugs*

Disney Vault
07-19-2004, 03:34 PM
i know i am a disney geek and i think it is contagious because i am slowly brainwashing my friends to like it.

SCUBAbe
07-19-2004, 09:31 PM
I'm in denial about being a disney geek....however I do get odd looks when I start talking disney....I have no idea why?..they asked, I just answered...LOL

biolabetty
07-19-2004, 10:44 PM
I have an imagineer friend who knows I'm a Disney geek. His response to me was that the imagineers are all Disney geeks too, they just get to work there. :)

CoasterChickie
07-19-2004, 11:29 PM
I think I am Disneygeek because I can't stop buying those lanyard pins.
I think I've maxed out my Disney Visa card! Can someone loan me $7.01? ;)

DisneyDaniel
07-20-2004, 03:11 AM
Very well said, DisneyDustin22! The rest of us in your extended Disney family understand! :-)

RStar
07-20-2004, 09:24 PM
My wife tells everyone I know every brick laid in the park, when it was installed, by whom, and I have a before and after picture of it for proof.

Of course that's not true! I missed a few of them when I went to the rest room!

Of all the geeks in the world, Disney Geeks are the coolest! :fez:

CoasterChickie
07-21-2004, 03:36 PM
You sound like one of the "good guys" and a person Javanod and I would be friends with (better not let us know who you are or you might end up with a garden gnome on your front lawn..heh heh)

I think someone has "caught-on " to my geekiness and keeps leaving little gifts for me...a giant Mickey Mouse pen , a cheshire cat sticker, a magnetic bumper sticker that says "we're going to Disneyland," Disney postage stamps,
a statuette of E.T. , and today a Disney Princess wand that lights up

This person is obviously NOT a Disneygeek or she'd know that E.T. is not a Disney character! (LOL) But she is a nice person to leave me all those gifts :)