PDA

View Full Version : Tickets, tickets, whose got the tickets?

coronamouseman
11-10-2001, 08:25 AM
Hey, gang - check out the DLR website section on Tickets for the latest adventure in ........... ticket expiration!

(1) No mention of (and thus no details on) the SoCal discount offer

(2) New sections for ....... 2001 tickets and 2002 tickets

Seems the newest DLR tool (or fad) is the incredible expiring ticket - if you buy a multi-day ticket it (1) has a "shelf-life" of one year and (2) has an ingenious "time-bomb" which goes off 13 days after the first use .......

Note that this incredible new concept has also been included in the SoCal discount ticket - it "dies" on December 20th!

Makes one yearn for the simpler WDW multi-day pass (whose days never expire) or even (aaah!) the old ticket books with tickets that never expired (an E ticket was still an E ticket even if it was originally bought for $.50 years before and used later when E rides were $1.00)

Nigel2
11-10-2001, 09:54 PM
I was at DCA a little while ago and this british family was next to me and they were a little confused about the fast pass system so I helped them, and somehow I learned that they purchased tickets a long time ago (I mean they were under 30 dollars a piece I think) and they never used them, but they also had no expiration date so they were still good. Apparently they got new tickets so they could get in and use the FP machines.

tabacco
11-11-2001, 06:17 PM
DLR 1-day tickets (at full price) never expire. As I've told several guests, if you go to the booth and buy a 1-day ticket for $43 then don't use it, even if the ticket prices suddenly go up to $6,000, Disney will still accept the old ticket. You can even use a coupon book, if it's intact, for admission to the park. That would be a very silly thing to do, but you could if you really wanted to. I've seen guests with some really old admission media before, and the ticket takers will issue them "substitute" tickets to use for FastPass. In fact, the tickets they're given are the same ones (well... almost) as the ones given to CMs to let them use FP when they sign in.

Also, certain WDW multi-days are good for admission in Anaheim, but not vice-versa. They can't be used as hoppers, though.