PDA

View Full Version : First Week of December?

Pages : [1] 2

PrettyNTiNK
07-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi there. My family is planning to go to Disneyland either the first week of December or the first week of January. What are these times like? Which is better? Thanks!

The Mouse Is Back
07-19-2004, 04:20 PM
The first week of December is definitely better than the first week of January. You get all the beautiful Christmas decorations, the parade, It's A Small World Holiday. Haunted Mansion Holiday, I believe there are extended hours, the weather is generally very nice (chilly in the evenings, so bring sweaters/jackets), and the crowds are usually pretty light.

The closer it gets to Christmas, the more crowded. The week between Christmas and New Year's Day is to be avoided at all costs, and the first week of January usually has residual crowds because some schools are still on Christmas break.

-Allegra-

disneygeek87
07-19-2004, 05:16 PM
Go during the first week of December. Like Allegra said, don't go during the week between Christmas and New Years. My family did that last year and it was so crowed that we could barely stand it. Have a good trip!

CarlieB
07-19-2004, 05:51 PM
We're going from Thursday December 9 to Tuesday December 14, and I'm hoping it won't be too frantic. We were there for a few days last November and the decorations were all up, but I'm looking forward to seeing even more of the atmospheric stuff - carol singers, etc:)

Darkbeer
07-19-2004, 11:50 PM
This year the LA Unified School district gets THREE weeks off, and will include the 1st week of January.... I would plan to avoid the parks that week....

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
07-20-2004, 01:43 PM
we go every year December 5th-7th or 8th, every year it is a little bit more crowded,but still very nice. We took the Christmas tour last year and had a good time ( you get preferred seating for the parade) even the kids liked it.

Forbin
07-20-2004, 01:59 PM
I don't know if you can page back...but the park is a ZOO between Xmas and Mid Jan.

Go before .. you'll like it more.

rentayenta
07-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Christmas tour? More info please.

mw9955
07-21-2004, 01:17 PM
Doesn't DL close very early (6pm) on a few of the first days of december for CM X'mas parties? Will they still have fireworks / "snow" on those days?

MouseWife
07-21-2004, 01:31 PM
We always go about the 10th of Dec. Never on a weekend. It has gotten more and more crowded each year {we started this about 11 or 12 years ago} but it is still better than going when it is hot {to me}.

The crowds aren't too bad and you get all of the holiday themes. Yes, it does close a bit early {it was 6 but now it is normally 8} but you get to do everything a little more quickly, it seems.

I refuse to go after the 13th and before the second week of January. I would not go.

But that is me. If you have an AP, you have more time and if you are going to be there for many days, you might be able to get it all done in that time.

mad4mky
07-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Both times are good

We have been to both. In January, the weather could be a little more cold and 'iffy'.
But, the decorations are up...the Haunted Mansion Holiday isn't down yet...and it's beautiful...just as it is the first week of December. :D

sc650
07-22-2004, 10:07 PM
my family went last year week dec. 9th thru the 13th i think..check out the picture below (note: taken after the fireworks show & when the snow stars falling)

http://northern-ridaz.com/remote/000.jpg

Disney Vault
07-22-2004, 10:51 PM
I am so excited to take my first christmas trip. I never thought DL could be any more magical but it is very clear it is so amazing during x-mas.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
07-23-2004, 03:33 PM
Christmas tour? More info please.

It's a nice little two hour tour that talks about the history of Christmas in the different lands. Then you "fastpass" Small World Holiday and Haunted mansion, then it is off to the parade and a cup of hot cocoa and a cookie in your reserved seats.

It really is a lot of fun and we took small children (under 3) and they enjoyed it also.

CarlieB
07-25-2004, 01:21 PM
TheChristmas Tour sounds great - how much does it cost? Thanks:)

rentayenta
07-25-2004, 02:46 PM
It's a nice little two hour tour that talks about the history of Christmas in the different lands. Then you "fastpass" Small World Holiday and Haunted mansion, then it is off to the parade and a cup of hot cocoa and a cookie in your reserved seats.

It really is a lot of fun and we took small children (under 3) and they enjoyed it also.

How do I hook up with the tour? It sounds wonderful and something that my family would enjoy. Is there a phone number or anything that someone could help me out with?

lisap
07-25-2004, 03:29 PM
Our lovely Shana wrote about last year's tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031211sl.htm)--sounds like lots of fun.

The number for the Resort Tour Services is (714) 817-2299

CarlieB
07-25-2004, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the link - I remember reading that report last year and thinking it sounded fun, but it slipped my mind. Definitely thinking of doing it this year:)

miss bianca
07-25-2004, 05:38 PM
What about the 2nd week of November? Anybody with any opinions of that week?

Thanks

CarlieB
07-25-2004, 06:38 PM
We were at the parks last November 13 - 16 and it was great. Good weather (a little chilly at night) and not outrageously busy (though not quiet by any stretch of the imagination). The decorations were up, HMH was up and the Holiday fireworks were showing.

rentayenta
07-25-2004, 09:11 PM
Our lovely Shana wrote about last year's tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm031211sl.htm)--sounds like lots of fun.

The number for the Resort Tour Services is (714) 817-2299

Thank you!

sancho
07-25-2004, 10:28 PM
does fantasmic show during the christmas season? i am considering a trip some time in december.

missm
07-26-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm fairly positive fantasmic runs during the winter, just on weekends? I hope so I'm taking a friend to DL for her first time Dec. 2-8. I've talked it up so much I'd be disappointed if she couldn't see it.

CarlieB
07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
I've read on other boards that as the Sailing Ship Columbia is due to undergo a lengthy rehab this autumn/winter, Fantasmic! will probably not be showing from mid-September to December 17. Can anyone here confirm this?

Pammer
07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Regarding Fantasmic! hours in December, someone posted a Refurbishment Schedule to MIBoards.com recently, which shows it being down for refurbishment 9/7 to 12/17. Sorry for the bad news, missm... :(