PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 3-7?

scanmom
07-18-2004, 04:58 PM
How should the crowds be this week? Will the x-mas decorations still be up? We want to come at a slower time, so I am wondering if the crowds from x-mas/NY would be gone by this time? I am also trying to avoid a time with ALOT of rehabs. I expect a few, but this Sept, for example, it seems like most of DL is on rehab....will the 1st week of Jan, be like that too? TIA!! :cool:

rentayenta
07-18-2004, 05:06 PM
From what I have read on this site, the decorations should be up until Jan 10 but the Christmas parade will stop Jan 2. The crowds should lighten up right after the new year.

I don't think everything will be up and running until the 50th celebration in May 2005.

Photographer
07-19-2004, 05:24 AM
Generally that's one of the quietest weeks. My best friend and I went a few years ago that same week and the place was empty. We hit more than half the park in 4 hours. It was great. You know it's empty when you can walk past Pirates with your arms spread out and not hit anyone.

scanmom
07-19-2004, 07:08 AM
That is just what I was hoping to hear/read!!LOL!!! I realize not EVERYTHING will be open, but I don't want to go when it is like it will be this Sep. ! I think that they are closing WAYYYY to much for Sep. It would be a total bummer to have half the park closed...especially since we come all the way from Oklahoma (GO SOONERS!). It would be the pits to drive for 2 days and have all those closures! When we came in March, it was PACKED! Not as bad as it would be for x-mas/ NY, but alot more crowds than we expected! There were several times that the lines for HM went past the River belle terrace!!!! That's awful!! :eek: Thanks for the info! ;)