PDA

View Full Version : Carrying drinks and drink straps

Rae
07-18-2004, 02:35 PM
I have "heard" of drink straps on this site and I was wondering what they like, how much they are and where will I find them. Are they suitable for small kids to carry and what sort of bottles do they hold or do they come with a bottle?

Also we have "mix up cordial" in Australia which is concentrated and you mix with water. Can we get it in the states?

lisap
07-18-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Rae,
Drink straps can be bought at the park--the bottles do not automatically come with them. The water bottles sold at the park are a pretty hefty for a young one to carry around all day. I usually put them in the side pockets of my backpack for the kids or bring a smaller size bottle for the kids from home that can be refilled during the day.

Mix-up cordial? Sounds like our Kool Aide here in the States. It comes in packets and can be mixed with water for a punch. Crystal Lite is another brand which makes sugar free sweetened teas and punch. They don't sell them at the park but you will find them at nearby supermarkets.

MrsG
07-18-2004, 08:17 PM
The straps cost $3.00 and you can get them at most of the drink carts.

jswtsang
07-19-2004, 07:57 AM
FYI, don't buy the little packets of koolaid, as they have no sugar in them, unless you want to carry around a big bag of sugar. I'd get the crystal lite (although it tastes "diet"). If you do get the koolaid you need to get the canister of it, or buy the little packs plus lots of sugar.

jt

Hakuna Makarla
07-19-2004, 10:13 AM
I have "heard" of drink straps on this site and I was wondering what they like, how much they are and where will I find them. Are they suitable for small kids to carry and what sort of bottles do they hold or do they come with a bottle?

Also we have "mix up cordial" in Australia which is concentrated and you mix with water. Can we get it in the states?
---------------------------
Better yet, Bring your own drink, pack it so you have it, better if you have what you are used to and then the kids won't be unhappy.If you can fit it I would bring from home so you will not be disapointed. :)

lisap
07-19-2004, 10:17 AM
FYI, don't buy the little packets of koolaid, as they have no sugar in them, unless you want to carry around a big bag of sugar. I'd get the crystal lite (although it tastes "diet"). If you do get the koolaid you need to get the canister of it, or buy the little packs plus lots of sugar.

jt

They actually have sugar free koolaide (http://www.kraftfoods.com/koolaid/2001/ka_flavors_sfka.html) now. I don't know if it's good or not--we're a Crystal Lite family. ;)

Hakuna Makarla
07-19-2004, 10:23 AM
They actually have sugar free koolaide (http://www.kraftfoods.com/koolaid/2001/ka_flavors_sfka.html) now. I don't know if it's good or not--we're a Crystal Lite family. ;)
I buy it and love it, I like it better then crystal light.:) depends what one is used to. I never did care for crystal light.

Lani
07-19-2004, 10:36 AM
They actually have sugar free koolaide (http://www.kraftfoods.com/koolaid/2001/ka_flavors_sfka.html) now. I don't know if it's good or not--we're a Crystal Lite family. ;)Depends on the flavor. The primary advantage of sugarfree Kool-Aid is that they come in envelopes, instead of the plastic canisters the Crystal Lite come in. That means the Kool-Aid packs lighter (like in your pocket).

CoasterChickie
07-19-2004, 10:46 AM
The little kids I've seen carrying the bottles with drink straps always look like they're struggling...the bottle is heavy for them and the strap swings around so the bottle keeps hitting them...they usually end up handing the bottle to mom or dad.

I usually carry what I think you might call a knapsack(it's cloth and has straps made of thin cords and lays pretty flat aginst your back)....they have some very cute ones for all ages and in different sizes at Target for about $7.99. I carry two water bottles-one that's refrigerator temperature and one that's frozen so it'll still be cold later (not too heavy, but if you have some big kids in your group maybe they can offer to carry some extras for the little kids). Normally I would drink diet pepsi or crystal light , but I find that water keeps me a lot more hydrated especially on the hot days. If I run out I can usually get a cup of ice from one of the vendors.(sometimes they charge me money though) If your kids don't like water ,You could probably add the powdered mix you were talking about to it.

jswtsang
07-19-2004, 11:42 AM

cool, i'll have to check it out, i was always dissapointed as a kid when i'd buy koolaid packs and find out we didn't have enough sugar, or if my mom wouldn't let me put in that much sugar so it was never as good as the kind in the cans.

jt

Rae
07-19-2004, 12:50 PM
---------------------------
Better yet, Bring your own drink, pack it so you have it, better if you have what you are used to and then the kids won't be unhappy.If you can fit it I would bring from home so you will not be disapointed. :)
I have thought about bring some with us, but ours is a liquid and it comes in a 2 litre plastic bottle. I don't know how well this will travel a 16 hour plane trip.

Photographer
07-19-2004, 12:56 PM
I think they should have Drink Strap Fashion Show.

It's the latest rage from California (sponsored by Coca-Cola). Celebrities are mimicking average people in the turn-around of the decade.

Here we have Steve, father of Eric and Samantha, husband of Irene. Steve is sporting the blue and black racing stripe Drink Strap with a refreshing Vanilla Coke. Steve inspired all the dads on his cul-de-sac who now carry these with them to every Little League game.

:D