PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Deluxe Passes

sierranevada
07-18-2004, 10:10 AM
I am sure someone here knows the answer to this. We just bought Deluxe passes and I have a question on possibility upgrading them. Say we first use them on Aug. 1 and three months later on Dec. 1 we decide we want to upgrade to Premium. I know the difference is $100. Would we would pay the whole $100 or only 3/4 of it - $75 for the remaining 9 months?

Thanks.

MammaSilva
07-18-2004, 11:01 AM
You'll pay the full difference between the cost of the pass you currently hold and the one you want to upgrade to, the expiration date remains the same as the original pass as well. They don't prorate the upgrades and they don't extend the pass from the date of the upgrade. Hope that helps.

soccerlady16
07-18-2004, 11:02 AM
You do have to pay the $100 but I think that your expiration date will change to one year after the upgrade.

SoCalDisneyLover
07-18-2004, 02:35 PM
You do have to pay the $100 but I think that your expiration date will change to one year after the upgrade.

This is INCORRECT. As stated above, they do not make any change to the expiration date, even if you upgrade on Day 364 of the pass.

Also, if the price goes up between now and when you do the upgrade, you will be subject to the price in effect at the time of the upgrade, so if AP prices go up, it will cost you more to do the upgrade later than it would right now.

sierranevada
07-18-2004, 03:31 PM
Thanks everyone! I know I could get a quick answer here!

Kevy Baby
07-18-2004, 10:36 PM
If you got the $20 renewal discount (assuming that this was not your first time), they will try to charge you for that as well.

When we renewed my wife's pass last month, we paid $159 for a Deluxe. When we went to upgrade her pass Friday night to a Premium, they wanted to charge us $120, saying that "you only get one discount per year." When we pointed out that we were not looking to get a second discount, that we just wanted to pay the difference, we got the same line again.

We then tried to explain that by charging us $120, that they were taking BACK the discount that we got earlier, they said "when you say it that way, I can see how you might might think that, but we only give one discount per year."

Finally got a manager and paid only $100, but the CM at the window tried to make us feel guilty that we were ripping off DL somehow. She was promptly reported at City Hall (written report of course).