PDA

View Full Version : info on best times to go next year.

Hakuna Makarla
07-17-2004, 04:22 PM
We will be planning another visit for next year, and would like your opinion on the best times to go. we thought April would be good since kids still in school and the weather is some what cool yet. I am not sure what the celebrations will be come May but know it will be packed so we do not want to go then either. what will this celebration be like for 18 months? any ides's so if its reall cool we should plan on going in the fall instead. we want to get things in the works so we can save up enough and have trip payed for and stay 5 to 7 days in disneyland this time. Do they sell 7 day passes?

splashmtngurl
07-17-2004, 05:23 PM
You should really consider going around april fifth. It still isnt spring break for claifornians yet so the park wont be to crowded with locals. Its usually pretty warm and not very crowded. Heading into may is a little more crowded and the weather is sometimes if'y .....err the summer is really crowded but october is a great time to visit. The tiki room will be open and haunted mansion/small world will have their christmas decorations up. That is definetly a great time to go, if you can pull your kids out of school for the trip! Hope this helps.

For more info on peak periods and ways to organize your trip i strongly suggest a Birnbaums guide to disneyland. 2004 or 2005 would be the best issues to use but any other year in the 2000's should be ok to!

Hope this helps you! Have a great trip!

Hayleu

splashmtngurl
07-17-2004, 05:28 PM
Also they sell 5 and 6 day flex packages to the parks. They get you entry to both parks. I storngly suggest going to some other prime entertainment areas in california (universal studios is good, they have the city walk which is like this awesome area) on like 2 days so that you dont get sick of DL. Also, if the park is crowded you should go to downtown disney for a while. If you have boys they will love the ESPN zone. You also may want to make reservations for the rainforest cafe if you want to eat there. It is a really cool dining spot.....feel free to PM me if you have other questions. we just got back from DL in may so i have a lot of advice! he, he! see yah soon!

stan4d_steph
07-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Since you're coming in summer this year, you might consider late fall/early winter. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas is a good time to visit, and all of the great Christmas decorations will be up. The Christmas parade will be going on then as well and the "it's a small world" holiday edition will be running, both of which your kids will probably love. The weather is cooler and the crowds tend to be low. In addition, any 50th Anniversary events will have kicked off.

Hakuna Makarla
07-17-2004, 06:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing. winter is so terrible here, 30 35 below a lot and snow ( so much snow) so I was thinking, about October, or November. We will have to wait the summer, but what a wonderful warm time we will have away from the snow for a week :)

rentayenta
07-17-2004, 06:32 PM
I agree about going during the holidays. It is such a magical time of year at DL. Go in early Dec. or Nov. before Thanksgiving. We are fools and are going this year for Christmas Eve and Day. If you go during those times you can still enjoy the holiday magic without the holiday crowds.

It gets really cold here in Utah, so a 60* day at DL during Nov. is heaven!

Forbin
07-17-2004, 07:21 PM
If you plan it...go on a Traveling day...that's a monday after any major holiday...Disneyland is very light.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-17-2004, 08:45 PM
I would say in the fall.
That way you can enjoy the anniversary celebration. Unless of course you can squeeze in another trip for after it all kicks off, during the 18 months. I just think you would be disappointed if you went in April and then heard about all the stuff you missed.
We went in May this year thinking it would not be as busy, before school got out etc. I think everyone else had the same idea as it was much busier than I thought it would be. We went in October 2002 and it was nice, not to hot and not to busy. We are going again the first week in November and I am hoping it will be nice and slow. I think anytime next year is going to busier than normal but I think the fall would be a better time.
Where do you live that it snows? We are in Idaho and it snows here too. We are hoping to have a second home in a warm climate this winter though.

splashmtngurl
07-18-2004, 07:54 AM
yeah may is definetly not the best time to go! we went on may 16th this yeat expecting the park not to be super crowded. What do you know it was the biggest crowd of people we had seen in three years!

Biscuit
07-18-2004, 07:25 PM
I'm definitely hooked on the idea of the end of Nov, or the first week of December. I know we're going next year (hooray!!!) just not when.

This way we get xmas decorations, ride overlays, parade PLUS the re-opening of Space Mountain. I couldn't countenance the trip without my favourite ride being open ;)

Pammer
07-19-2004, 08:27 AM
We will be planning another visit for next year, and would like your opinion on the best times to go. we thought April would be good since kids still in school and the weather is some what cool yet. I am not sure what the celebrations will be come May but know it will be packed so we do not want to go then either. what will this celebration be like for 18 months? any ides's so if its reall cool we should plan on going in the fall instead. we want to get things in the works so we can save up enough and have trip payed for and stay 5 to 7 days in disneyland this time. Do they sell 7 day passes?

Anytime around Easter is NOT a good time...it is early next year (March 27), so the park will be very crowded the week before and after. Perhaps mid-to-late-April would be the best bet...get in right before the May 5, 2005 crowds come!

Other good times for us have been the late fall/early winter times (excluding holiday periods, of course). For example: late October, early December, and late January have worked out fairly well crowd-wise, although you should check the refurbishment schedule to make sure you won't miss out on your favorite attractions while you're there.

If you are visiting multiple times in a one-year duration, perhaps an annual pass would be a cheaper investment for you?