PDA

View Full Version : LuminAria

mrfantasmic
11-09-2001, 06:19 PM
OK, guys.
As this post is written, there are 35 minutes until the premiere of LuminAria!
So all of you people who went to see it, how did it go?
Pictures?

Ralph Wiggum
11-09-2001, 09:44 PM
Lame-inaria!

Check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3034) for my thoughts!!

KarenW2
11-09-2001, 11:35 PM
We drove all the way up there tonite, battling the bumper-to-bumper traffic & ended up being stuck behind a lot of people standing in front of the water. I don't think they gave a lot of thought to the "sight lines" for this show. The monitors that had the cards projected on them were nearly at water level, so if you had anybody in front of you, you couldn't see it well. Also, it looked like they might be showing different things on the different monitors, so unless you knew which one of the screens was going to have your little darlings drawings on it, you might be on the wrong side of the lagoon to be able to see it.

I wasn't real impressed, it didn't seem to have any kind of build to it like the other shows do. My husband enjoyed it, but was disappointed they didn't have any lasers, like Illuminations at WDW and was surprised there wasn't anything Hispanic to the show, since it was called Luminaria.

There was way too much smoke, especially when we were trying to walk thru it, to get out. We made for the Paradise Pier exit as soon as we could, so we wouldn't get caught in all that smoke in the crowd. I can still smell it on me! YUCK!!

It looked like you needed to camp out an hour or so in advance to get a chance at a decent seat or standing room at the water's edge. The CM by us said that the good seats were all VIP & cost bucks to get to. He was surprised they roped off a section of the grassy hill by the amphitheatre & were letting people stand on the grass there.

I must've misunderstood the write-ups here & otherwise about the buildings & other structures being lit with lights at the end of the show, including the Palace of Fine Arts structure. I didn't see it lit, but maybe they still need to work out some bugs in the show. We may try & see the show again some time before it closes, if it's convenient & we can get there in time to camp out. Otherwise, I still like the shows at Disneyland better. Sorry DCA.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-10-2001, 03:54 PM
Is there a site tonite w/an udate from the show as of friday night?
http://www.disneylandport.com

TimBuk2
11-10-2001, 04:37 PM
Was there anyone out there that actually saw the new DCA show last night, and liked it ?

I'm still waiting for a good review. I was in the park until about 7pm, but then got a bit bored and went across the way to D-Land.

At D-Land the Holiday decorations and Fireworks were well worth the wait. :) It was pretty crowded on Main St. And the snow was nice to see. But a bit windy, so a lot of it went onto the rooftops of the east side bldgs.

Oh, and did anyone notice the entrance gates no longer have a "Same Day ReEntry" gate. They are using them all, which is the right thing to do. More later as time goes on. We're waiting to see Mark & Brian at DCA in the Millionaire show this Thursday morning. That should be fun.

Mr. Lutz, keep up the good work. You and your staff writers have some great info.

LIMANDL4EVA
11-10-2001, 04:52 PM
seriously now, it cant be that bad, i mean there are fireworks in it, I think that these reviews are just from those people that absolutly hate DCA, dont get me wrong, I dislike DCA also, but Luminaria cant be THAT bad now can it? by the way, what was the soundtrack to the show like? lets get a reply here with som POSITIVE stuff, or if u cant be positive, because it really was bad, then give us some details about why it was bad.
http://www.disneylandport.com

Ralph Wiggum
11-10-2001, 05:01 PM
Your fairly new to this board...or at least to posting. If anyone here loves DCA and defends it on a regular basis it would be me. I have a pass there. I love it. I know it has problems but its still a very fun park to visit on a regular basis. Luminaria is a C+. It honestly isnt that good of a show. There are good aspects but they are few and far between.

TimBuk2
11-10-2001, 05:02 PM
Don't Get me Wrong !

I will stay to see the show soon. Once they have the bugs worked out. But hopefully it will be much better than seeing the D-Land flop Light Magic parade. I had to get my money back on that deal.

I just wish Walt was still around, I truly believe things within their orginization would be much better. Something is really wrong here ! :crying:

TimBuk2
11-10-2001, 05:08 PM
I also have the 2-park pass and do really like DCA. But it is lacking something, mainly for the kids. The attractions and rides are pretty good. Especially "Soarin'", which just amazes me on "how they did that". The food there is much better tasting, and a better value (for the most part). Since I got the DCA pass I have been spending more time there.

But I believe the people that are coming from out of town are expecting something too much like D-Land. Which it is not, very far from it. I believe it's so different because it's NOT part of Walt's dream and vision. I know it would be much different if he had anything to do with it. But sad to say, he did not. :( It is a nice park, very clean, and still fun. But if you are expecting to see the same "themes" as from across the patio, then it's not the place for you. What good would that do having 2 of the same, on the same property. WDW Florida still rules, and always will. 26,000 acres does not even compare to what, maybe 1,000 in Anaheim. Give me a break !

LIMANDL4EVA
11-10-2001, 05:14 PM
well i agree completely, I mean, DCA has GREAT potential and some AMAZING rides, it just wasnt what walt would have wanted, so anyways, what was the coolest part about Luminaria, and what was the music like? disneygeek.com has some cool shots of it!!