PDA

View Full Version : Kids Meals

evilqueen69
07-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Any ideas to help kids eat while at DLR or DCA? Does anyone offer good old PB&J? Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have someone who is becoming a picky eater.

rentayenta
07-17-2004, 06:37 PM
I read that the Big Thunder BBQ sells a kids pb and j. I'm not sure if any of the other eateries do. They have plain cheese pizza and plain pasta in Tomorrowland. You can always pack pb and j's and bring them into the park.

BTMichael
07-17-2004, 06:49 PM
While the menu is subject to change, White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel has a wide variety of food and reasonable prices. Below is a link to the menu around March 2003. I would imagine that the prices might be a bit higher today. Note that a PB&J Kid's Combo is listed about half way down the page, which is not to be confused with the PB&J Pizza listed under the Specials section:

http://colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/whitewatermenu.html

Next is a link to a review of the restaurant, which also links to the menu above:

http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrrests/whitewater030203.html

Forbin
07-17-2004, 07:20 PM
Off hand I remember that
Plaza Inn Offerers Fried Chicken and Rigatoni as their kids meals

Stagewest Cafe (It's just a standing door) offers burgers and Mickey Chicken Nuggets.

Can't remember what the other offer..hope that helps.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
07-17-2004, 09:12 PM
We made PBJs and took them in to the park for my 2yo. Much cheaper than buying them there and they keep the lockers area so cold you could hang meat in there. We put the PBJs in a locker in the morning and they were still cold for dinner!

rentayenta
07-18-2004, 07:25 AM
DCA has a McDonald's. A Happy Meal costs double the price though.

You can always let the picky eater dine on cotton candy and popcorn. It is Disneyland afterall ;)

splashmtngurl
07-18-2004, 07:42 AM
I suggest only eating in the park one time a day....its way cheaper to eat outside the park. Ihops is the best for breakfast. If you by more than one of the platters you can split it between the whole family (it really helps to save money) Mimi's cafe over by the howard johnson is also a great family resteraunt and if you choose wisley (or ask a waiter) you can easily buy a couple meals a split them. If you do the splitting meals kids will have a choice of the food they want and end up with a meal that everyone wants. Trust me, eating outside the park is WAAAYYYYYYY cheaper then in the park!

Hakuna Makarla
07-18-2004, 10:19 AM
We made PBJs and took them in to the park for my 2yo. Much cheaper than buying them there and they keep the lockers area so cold you could hang meat in there. We put the PBJs in a locker in the morning and they were still cold for dinner!
Very smart idea, my kids are alergic to peanuts, but you know this is very good for the picky eaters parents encounter. mine on the other hand love rich foods like crab and lobster, I will be eating out side the park most of the time. we will be having brunch with goofy one day and using our food vouchers for lunches in the park the other 2 days, and of course using the vouchers for snacks and such, but dinners will be out of the park.we bought the donalds plan for vouchers so plenty of food for lunches and snacks. we want to go to dinner at tony roma's and can any one tell us which is better, mimi's mom's, or millie's resturant? we want to eat at one of the better of the three.
thanks

rentayenta
07-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Mimi's is the best Karla.

They are fine with folks splitting meals. They have a stuffed french toast that is to die for. They also have an oriental chicken salad that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Salads come in a petite portion too. They have a sandwich called the french quarter(I think). It is easliy enough for the three of you. It comes with fries and you can sub turkey for the ham. I worked at Mimi's many moons ago in Anaheim actually. It was not the one near DL though. Their oatmeal is good too if you are looking to watch your calories.

Don't completely count out eating at the park. You can all eat pizza for like $8 at the Pizza Port in Tomorrowland. The slices are huge and 2 will fill all three of you.

Bring in water bottles and refill them at the fountains. The drinks are way too expensive in the park.

Hakuna Makarla
07-18-2004, 12:31 PM
Thanks Rentayenta, I will definatly try mimi's. as far as pizza we are sick of it. we had it last night, and this afternoon and hope to not see any for a while( easy food when I am late from work or to tired to cook) I am looking for good down home cooking like pot roast and a nice salad bar. I also want a good steak and the kids love chicken strips and chicken . or burgers. :)

rentayenta
07-18-2004, 03:42 PM
I know what you mean about the pizza Karla. Darn that Little Casear for making a large pizza only $5 ;)

You'll love Mimi's and the prices are good. Just remember to share.