PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites

jrsharp21
07-17-2004, 08:47 AM
How is this hotel? We are considering staying there for two nights in August.

briar_rose
07-17-2004, 10:30 AM
One word of advice: DON'T! I stayed there with my high school choir and band last year and it was the worst part of our trip. One guy's exact words when he went into his room were "Oh my God! There's $#%@ on the curtains!" the sad part about that was the hotel was so crappy we believed him. The food wasn't too bad in the buffet, but the dinner they gave us the first night (non-buffet) gave almost everyone in the group food poisoning. They also lied about some of the amenities I looked up on the hotel's (supposedly official) website... They said there were free local calls but when I asked at the front desk to make sure, she stifled a laugh and said no. They also say they're "right across from the main gate", another lie; they're across from about halfway into DCA. ToT was closer to the main gate than we were (they were building it at the time). It still wasn't that horrible to walk to the front gate in the morning but at night after a full day of walking, it was pretty difficult. Anyways, that was my experience, I'm sure other people on this board will have advice too :) best luck finding a nice hotel, I'm sure you will.

p.s. Judging by the rates I've looked up, the HoJo looks like it has better rates, better rooms, better service and is closer, so I just thought I'd mention that.

Sheila
07-19-2004, 10:46 AM
How is this hotel? We are considering staying there for two nights in August.

Here's the link to reviews for this hotel here at MP: Anaheim Plaza Hotel & Suites (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrvagabondplazahotel)

Sheila