PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Walt (Important Question)

EO's Glove
07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Being a Trekkie, and my love for "what if's",

If the miracle of Science was able to warp Walt into our time
for just one hour.......

What would you show him at DisneyLand?

Remember you only have one hour, and then he goes back
(and this is a ladder years Walt).

If only Capt. EO was still open. I think he would have liked it.

So I'd take him on Splash Mountain. I know he'd like that one.

-EOG

briar_rose
07-16-2004, 11:33 AM
Remember you only have one hour...
So I'd take him on Splash Mountain. I know he'd like that one.

If you could even get through the line for it in an hour :p sorry, I just had to say it... I'd probably take him on Pirates of the Caribbean though, since he never got to see the final ride but worked so hard on it.

smd4
07-16-2004, 11:37 AM
I'd get him into the right-hand seat of the E.P. Ripley and let him run his railroad for an hour. I'd fire.

This would accomplish two things: 1) It would make him exceedingly happy to pull the throttle of a steam locomotive again, and 2) he wouldn't be able to walk around his park to see what's been done to it...

MrsG
07-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Remember you only have one hour, and then he goes back (and this is a ladder years Walt).

Ladder years? Does he need to reach something on a top shelf? OH, you mean "latter" years. (Sorry... it's the teacher in me coming out on summer break :rolleyes: )

smd4
07-16-2004, 12:35 PM
MrsG and her quickly-correcting quips must reside in Ohio, where mistakes are never made. ;)

blusilva
07-16-2004, 01:56 PM
I'd take him on Space Mountain, provided it was open. Then, maybe jump on the train and do a quick spin around the park. That'd be about an hour's worth of time.

cstephens
07-16-2004, 02:02 PM
If the miracle of Science was able to warp Walt into our time for just one hour.......

I'd take him to Innoventions and use the computers there to show him the numerous people who claim to channel his thoughts and feelings from the great beyond.

DwoernAdale
07-16-2004, 02:07 PM
I just finished this book and found it really good. It may be of interest to ya!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/059525425X/qid=1090015299/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-9426357-4836739?v=glance&s=books

~DW

MZCosmo
07-16-2004, 03:12 PM
I would take him on the HM. He cared so much about that ride, and was never able to ride it. It was one of the last attractions he worked on before he passed away.

SCUBAbe
07-16-2004, 03:34 PM
hmmmm...I would like to show him modern technology..then take him on pirates or mansion ...then I'm sure he would have soem ideas on how they can be imptoved...and I'm sure his first question would be...Why are thye still the same 40 years later? He's the one who said DL would continue to grow...I don't think he just meant expansion wise...

sediment
07-16-2004, 03:55 PM
I'd take to all the crappy parts, and tell him that if he knows what's good for the Happiest Place on Earth, he'll tell his children and brother's children that it's their name on "Disneyland." Do not let it fall into the hands of anyone named, Eisner, Pressler, or Harriss. And don't sell too much stock. Fricken' market screws up happiness every time.

Yeah, tough love.

Opus1guy
07-16-2004, 07:32 PM
When I read this thread title, I instantly thought of Ex (sadly) Imagineer Eddie Sotto. (http://www.themedattraction.com/sotto.htm) Eddie is one of the best. Disney really lost a great one when Eddie left for greener pastures.

Anyway...Eddie was the only person I know that does an imitation of Walt. He really nails the voice and all (Eddie's big on voices and did many himself...including Shrunken Head Ned in Adventureland and the hysterical gurgling bar spout at Imagineering/Eddie designed Encounter Restaurant at Los Angeles Airport).

If you even get the chance to meet him, flip him a nickle and he's gladly go right into...

"To all who come to this happy place...." ;)

And BTW...Eddie is the dapper gentleman "guest" in the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror film. :)

Now back to giving the real Walt the tour of his park... ;)

uvsc_wolverine
07-16-2004, 08:59 PM
I like the ideas about HM and Pirates, but I would probably take him on Indy. Show Walt what kind of a ride is possible with modern (O.K., fine, 1995) technology.

Opus1guy
07-16-2004, 09:25 PM
I think Walt would enjoy the Winnie The Pooh attraction in Tokyo.

CarolKoster
07-17-2004, 01:34 PM
I'd take to all the crappy parts, and tell him that if he knows what's good for the Happiest Place on Earth, he'll tell his children and brother's children that it's their name on "Disneyland." Do not let it fall into the hands of anyone named, Eisner, Pressler, or Harriss. And don't sell too much stock. Fricken' market screws up happiness every time.

Yeah, tough love.

sediment, I'd probably take Walt on much the same tour and try to work in California Adventure, and tell Walt much the same things. I'd expand the ""if he knows what's good for the Happiest Place on Earth, he'll tell his children and brother's children that it's their name on "Disneyland." Do not let it fall into the hands of anyone named, Eisner, Pressler, or Harriss."" to include Diane Disney Miller's and Roy Disney's adult children and their grandchildren, and expand beyond Eisner-Pressler-Harriss because there is no telling who will manage the Company or Parks or the Studios who'll screw things up again. Last I'd tell Walt there are legions of people not only still alive but born after his death who still believe in his philosophies of business and entertainment creativity, so not to lose hope. And I'd ask if he really has been spinning all these years, if he's ever met Frank Wells, or met Marc Davis or other veteran animators or Imagineers and what they told him after they met up in heaven about how Disney Company has been doing. I'd ask, before his hour was up, if he could zap many more people from heaven with his special Pixie Dust so they "get it" about how to run the Company, the Parks, the film studio and Feature Animation. Then I'd wish him goodbye, a heartfelt thank you for all he's done, and a good rest in peace.