PDA

View Full Version : How often do you visit the Disneyland Resort?

Pages : [1] 2

dgthx
05-03-2001, 04:52 PM
I usually visit 1-2 times per month, although lately I've been going about 3-4 times per month.

What about you?

Gauchograd99
05-03-2001, 05:02 PM
Usually 2 times a year to Disneyland, more sometimes (like when I have money and a good job) and less other times (like now with no good job offer and not wanting to work in the park). Last year was a big year, 5 times. On average... 2 times a year.

Alex S.
05-03-2001, 05:05 PM
Too often, sometimes (please don't hurt me).

I live in the Bay Area and the weekend of the 19th will be my fifth trip in nine weeks.

AK Wolf
05-03-2001, 09:03 PM
Not nearly as often as I should! :D

Lately, I've gotten into the habit of only going once every couple of months - and I only live less than an hour away! I do have a good excuse, though... my car is rather old ('79 Datsun), and I don't like to put too much strain on it. Not to mention that I'm a bit superstitious about driving it to Disneyland... the first time I drove it to Disneyland, it was fine. Then I tried to drive it back home... and the carburator blew up. :mad: THAT was an expensive trip!

I knew I should have bought it that antenna ball souvenier it wanted...

Napsto
05-03-2001, 09:07 PM
I try to go 3 times a month.

LuvTDL
05-03-2001, 11:03 PM
I usually go about once a week.. sometimes twice a week...

I'd probably go more often if I had some more free time~!!!! =)

lisap
05-04-2001, 05:37 AM
It's a bit hard with my oldest in school now, but we try to get there once a month Sept-May. We like to go on Monday or Thursday.........She does her schoolwork in the car on the way up;)

blusilva
05-04-2001, 08:44 AM
It depends. In the fall, I try to go once or twice a month. In the summer I almost never go.

I'd guess I go about 10 times a year. I was avoiding it earlier this year because I didn't want to deal with the massive DCA crowds that never materialized. I've got some catching up to do!

blusilva

Ralph Wiggum
05-04-2001, 09:16 AM
Me and my sis go at least once a month, sometimes my brother joins. I also have a bunch of friends with passes and other family members so i go randomly then too.

Flubber
05-04-2001, 09:35 AM
Once or twice a month. Sunday mornings and first stop is the River Belle Terrace. Nothing more relaxing than coffee on the river on a sunny morning....

Flubber

Dlandmom
05-04-2001, 10:05 AM
Flubber, I was just there the other day, and River Belle Terrace was closed...it looks like it's going through some rehab or something. There was some scaffolding up on the Rivers of America side of the restaurant, and the windows looked like they were covered from the inside. I was sort of bummed as I like to eat out on the terrace!

merlinjones
05-04-2001, 10:34 AM
In recent years I would drop by the park every six weeks or so. But I was so turned off by a February trip to DCA that I haven't been back to the resort since a refreshing, brief walk through of DL in early March.

With summer coming, I'll go back to Disneyland soon to see fireworks and hang, but I certainly won't return to DCA until something new and significant is added (IF then). I think it will make me sad to see the Main Street Electrical Parade at DCA so I'll likely skip it and hope it eventually returns to the Magic Kingdom where it belongs.

pboeoahr
05-04-2001, 11:02 AM
Living out of the area does not allow me to get there to often. Of course the folks here are very helpful in keeping me up to date on whats going on. :)

Dlandmom
05-04-2001, 11:50 AM
I agree that there is some truth to the statement "you can go too often" to the park. I try to go once a week, but only for a few hours so that I only see a bit of the park. That way, there's always something that I haven't seen in a while.

05-04-2001, 05:11 PM
My last trip was in June '98. We live in Wisconsin and probably won't get back to DL until a year from now at the earliest.

This is one of the reasons I LOVE MousePlanet. I can visit vicariously and read about everything. It's not the same but it still makes me feel connected.:)

Rhonda
05-04-2001, 05:24 PM
I have been able to go every year in July for the past several years and if I'm really good my hubby sends me twice ! I love it in late Nov. or around Christmas time . My kids are getting tired of it though and my husband prefers hunting/fishing so I don't know how many more trips I will get to make ! My daughter and I will be going in June this year , hope to meet some MousePlanet people !

pboeoahr
05-05-2001, 07:51 AM
Good to see more Oregonians out here that love DL. I haven't been in a couple of years, but I am anxiously waiting for the next time I take my girls down. The last time was during my oldest daughters 6th birthday and now she is going to be 8.:(

Napsto
05-05-2001, 11:02 PM
i just realized that i haven't been at all this month of may, i guess i know where i am gonig saturday:cool:

Maus
05-06-2001, 01:04 PM
Wow, I wish I had more of the free time some of you do! I get to DL about once a month, but stay away during the summer and visit more often after the Christmas decorations are up--my favorite time of year at DL.

analog8
05-06-2001, 11:21 PM
I've been going to Disneyland about 3 times a month for about 3 years now, its a good thing I only live about 20 minutes away :) I have a nice collection of parking stubs growing in my car :) I remember when I didnt have a AP with parking after a while i had all the colors of the parking stubs so parking was pretty much free after that. :D

Luna
05-07-2001, 09:26 AM
Last year we went to DL 16 times. I'm sure we will
go more this year now that DCA is open. We really
like the new park.

analog8
05-08-2001, 12:03 AM
Finally someone else who likes the new park besides me. :)

TinkR
05-14-2001, 08:42 PM
Normally we go about once a year (we're from the S.F. Bay Area), but my husband is doing some work with a company about 2 miles away so we've been able to 'boondog' already three times in the past seven months. I'm already arranging for a visit next month and hinting about another two or three this summer. We upgraded our Premium Passes in April to include the new park (and yes we liked it!!) and so we're going to be going for another 11 months as often as 'Hubby' can take us 'to work'. :)

TinkR

Napsto
05-23-2001, 09:48 AM
i got to go last night (5/22) with a friend who had a meeting with some people but it was like a DL tease because all we did was Golden Dreams, and we walked in and out of Dland. Not fun but it was satisfying, at least i will be going on Saturday for fun!

jslivinski
09-10-2001, 03:47 PM
We usually come down from N. Cal 2+ times a year. This year will be 4 times. We have a trip planned for the end of October & beginning of December. I can't wait.:D