PDA

View Full Version : Bring your cameras this weekend - the Castle rehab starts Monday

AVP
07-16-2004, 08:44 AM
A usually-reliable source tells me that the scaffolding for the Castle rehab goes up Monday. According to them, "the next time you see the castle, it's going to look like a bad reveal from Trading Spaces, with Hildie as the designer."

So, get those classic photos of the pre-Hildie castle while you can. :D

AVP

stan4d_steph
07-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Cool. I hope they cover it in fake flowers. ;)

Hakuna Makarla
07-16-2004, 09:03 AM
I am saddened to know I will not be seeing the castle next month, I think this is the thing I wanted to see most. Well I will be back next year, in May, do you think it will be done by then?

mystycalchyk
07-16-2004, 09:07 AM
*sigh* you're kidding. Please tell me you're kidding.

It will be covered up when I go in September?

The only thing the website says about anything is the Columbia, Space Mountain (which I knew), The Matterhorn (again???? *sigh*) the Haunted Mansion (for the holiday redo) and the Tiki Room (which breaks my heart - if they do to this what they did in WDW I will die)....but the castle too??????

I am so sad. I wanted my niece and nephews first trip to be spectacular but slowly it's being filled with closed attractions.
:(

Merm8fan
07-16-2004, 09:14 AM
Hmmm... yeah, fake flowers, or may be wine bottle labels. Go, Hildy!

KarenW2
07-16-2004, 09:19 AM
No, not the fake flowers or wine labels, Hildie is going to be painting the castle (pause for affect):

TOTALLY BLACK!!

With those cheapy wood lath strips! (shudder) Or maybe she'll just add lots of HAY!! Easy to get from the Big Thunder BBQ area!! YIKES!

Here's hoping they don't take very long, but do a super job, on the castle!!

SCUBAbe
07-16-2004, 09:22 AM
Cool. I hope they cover it in fake flowers. ;)

no..no...FEATHERS...LOL

olegc
07-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Maybe Darkbeer can snap some shots - early to avoid large crowds in front? and then a night shot?

That's not too much to ask, right? :p

Pookie
07-16-2004, 12:21 PM
NOOOOO..... We arrive Monday. Will they still have fireworks?

Darkbeer
07-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Fireworks will still be offered, but the Castle portion might not be offered due to the refurb...... But all the major fireworks are shot off from behind Toontown, so you will get to see fireworks nightly thru the summer.

Pookie
07-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Does this mean you can't take the short cut through the castle or do you have to go all the way around?

Photographer
07-18-2004, 05:57 AM
Oh heck I'm just tacking this on to my list of things I've done at DL.
Seen castle under tarp and scaffolding. Check. LOL Plus it'll give guests an opportunity to make all kinda of lame remarks for me to fall down laughing at.

Disney Vault
07-18-2004, 10:58 AM
So are you sure they are decorating it? I thought this was just to paint it and then the castle would be decorated with crowns on the day they close DL.

CarlieB
07-18-2004, 02:06 PM
Argh! Will it still be under wraps in December?

AVP
07-18-2004, 03:26 PM
So are you sure they are decorating it? I thought this was just to paint it and then the castle would be decorated with crowns on the day they close DL.I don't know. This might just be paint, because I can't image the Castle closed at Christmas, of all things. I'm just sharing what I was told, in case it turns out to be accurate.

AVP

adriennek
07-18-2004, 05:33 PM
no..no...FEATHERS...LOL

You know, I thought feathers at first too, but you beat me to posting it.

So I'm going with: Cardboard. Adhered with Liquid Nails so when they go to take it off, it won't really come off.

Adrienne

AaronInCal
07-19-2004, 06:40 AM
As of 7:00am today, there is no scaffolding on the Castle. There is a wall blocking you from walking through the Castle over the drawbridge though. Perhaps the scaffolding will be going up slowly all this week?

SoCalSteven
07-19-2004, 07:30 AM
As of 7:00am today, there is no scaffolding on the Castle. There is a wall blocking you from walking through the Castle over the drawbridge though. Perhaps the scaffolding will be going up slowly all this week?
So, you won't be able to walk thru the castle for the entire refurb? Sad. :(

Darkbeer
07-19-2004, 11:04 AM
There is PLENTY of scaffolding around the castle, but you need to be "inside" Fantasyland to see it, I will have some photos shortly.....

They are working on that side of the Castle first......

You can check it out for yourself in the following photo album...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/168546