PDA

View Full Version : Club 33

Mickey_Freak
07-16-2004, 07:42 AM
Hello all,
I wanted to start a thread to chat about Club 33.

I had a chance about 3 years ago to eat dinner and hang out. It was wonderful!!! I had so much fun I have a few things that I bought I have a pen and of course I kept my napkin with the 33 logo on it.

Well, I was wondering if anyone has tried to enter without having reservations. I wanted to just peak in and show my sister. She doesn't believe me that its real :-)

Do any of the CM on this board know the rules on letting park guest just take a quick look around and then leaving???

It was so wonderful to be able to go it was a life long dream and it was just the coolest.

Anyone else been able to go????

S

sediment
07-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Doesn't one of the tours get real close to Club 33?
BTW, there are lots of threads about Club 33. Best way in is to know someone.
Do not try to solicit a way in via these boards!! The mods frown upon it.

Mickey_Freak
07-16-2004, 08:24 AM
Not trying to get into it by soliciting. Don't really care if we get to go in or not. Like I said I have been and that's enough for me. I was just asking if anyone has ever just tried to look in. I know that I have read that if you ask they will sometimes let you take a quick look around and then you can leave.
I just wanted to know if this had worked for anyone??

S

mystycalchyk
07-16-2004, 08:52 AM
Ive been...once.

We keep trying but so far once was it for us. I just posted about how we managed to get in in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=30263).

Here's a few of the pics I took when we were there. This is the lift (http://www.mystrealm.com/user/mystycalchyk/108-0899_IMG.JPG) that takes you up to the 2nd floor. Here (http://www.mystrealm.com/user/mystycalchyk/109-0908_IMG.JPG) is shot of the main hall to the dining room(s). This (http://www.mystrealm.com/user/mystycalchyk/109-0918_IMG.JPG) is a pic of the one dining room (where we didn't eat. We were there fora Sunday brunch. Yummilicious. We spent several hours there. I have two pins, my napkins, my tickets in and a gold plated commemorative plate in a shadow box at home. Plus my hubby (http://www.mystrealm.com/user/mystycalchyk/109-0901_IMG.JPG) bought a leather jacket.

It was a wonderful experience. I just hope we can go again

Opus1guy
07-16-2004, 09:12 AM
Disneyland and Club 33 Cast Members would get into trouble by letting someone upstairs for just a "quick peek." It is against the rules.

Of course if you somehow managed to get one of the Manager's ears and they let you up for a look-see...that would be fine as they are authorized to do such things.

According to a downstairs lobby receptionist I chatted with, they get on average 2 or 3 folks a day ringing the bell and asking if they can just have a peek. They are politely turned away.

The Disneyland Tour that offers of glimpse of Club 33 just permits the folks a look into the small downstairs reception lobby. They are not permitted upstairs into the main portion of the Club.

Best you can probably do for your sister is to stand by the front door during lunch or dinner hours and let her get a quick peek through the door as guests enter the Club. Also, in the evenings when it's dark outside and the Club is lit, it's possible to look upstairs into the windows and see parts of the Club and patrons dining up there. That should be enough to prove "it's really there."

Or direct her to my Club 33 web site below if she needs proof. ;)

Mickey_Freak
07-16-2004, 10:53 AM
Opus1
Thanks for the info. I was pretty sure they get asked for quick peeks. I know that if I had not already been I would be asking eveytime I go to see if someone would feel sorry for me and let me in.

I tell you that was one of the most exciting days of my life. I loved being able to go and have dinner and chat with the staff. They had some wonderful stories to tell about some of the guest that had been there. And the food was wonderful. I had the prawns MMMMMMMMMMMM Yumm.

Does anyone have a pic of the sound room to share???

S

splashmtngurl
07-16-2004, 06:31 PM
all's i know is that club 33 members pay quite a bit each year for their memberships and they dont have to pay entry to the park. they do have to pay forty-five dollars for a special buffet but that gets them into the park as many times as they want. They also get accsess to many special souveniers including special pins ( i am lucky enough to own a special club 33 membership pin, they are extremly rare and you can only get hold of them on ebay or from a friend/fmaily memeber) clothing and other oddiments. Only club 33 members or guests who are at the park on account of club 33 members are alowed inside the building. I dont believe the tours go through the building and i dont believe that cast memebers are at liberty to give you a quick tour. Infact you have to knock on the door (located in new orleans square) and give them your name (member ID) so that they can check for a reservation or make sure you are infact a member. club 33 is a very private club and fairly heavily...well...lets just say guarded!

Opus1guy
07-16-2004, 07:15 PM
Does anyone have a pic of the sound room to share???

The Sound Room is looooooong gone (although it's still called that by some Cast). In it's place is just a small room with a desk and a filing cabinet that acts as a mini-office with the primary function of being the Cashier Station. They process credit cards and make cash transactions in there.

Something you might find interesting is that neatly framed and arranged on the walls of that small room, are 8x10 black & white photographs of the top executives of the Disneyland Resort, The Walt Disney Company and Disney Board Members. Many offices around the park have this same "Rouges Gallery" of top Disney people. Gotta spot the big-wigs I guess. ;)

And out the backdoor of the old Sound Room is what I think is one of the best views in all of Disneyland. That door opens upon the balcony of the Plantation House of the Blue Bayou Restaurant. You stand there and look down and out upon the Chinese lanterns, the diners, the boats, and the bayou. Fantastic view!

At many private Club 33 functions, this door is used to take members and guests (via the stairway to/from the balcony) between the Blue Bayou and Club 33. At some functions that require it because of their large size, the Club itself is used for a cocktail and hors d'oeuvre reception, and then the guests head down via the Sound Room/Balcony to the Blue Bayou for dinner served there by the Club staff (the Blue Bayou being closed to the public, of course). A temporary expansion of Club 33, as it were. Makes for a great "double-header" evening at the two most "Disney" restaurants in the world! :)

I don't know of any photos of the Sound Room when it was actually used as the Sound Room. Not even at the Imagineering Photo Archives. There was only Audio Animatronic and sound equipment in there for a few weeks, before they decided to shelve the whole private AA show in the Trophy Room.

I have a photo of some of the Club 33 Cast Members that was taken in the the small office where the Sound Room was briefly, but it would take weeks to find it!

splashmtngurl
07-17-2004, 10:56 AM
what exactly was the sound room?

sediment
07-17-2004, 12:31 PM
My guess: that was where Walt could go to hear what his guests were talking about when he wasn't in the main room. The main room was bugged.

Opus1guy
07-19-2004, 07:39 PM
what exactly was the sound room?

Somewhat correct, but it wasn't about Walt being able to listen in on private conversations. It was to be used as part of a show. It was where the Audio Animatronic operators and voice talent would have been listening in on the chandelier microphones and responding to guests as part of a "manual" AA show that was part of the original design of the Trophy Room.

So to answer the question...the Sound Room was to be the control room for the private AA show in the Trophy Room.

Although for a short time many years later, it was humorously referred to as "The Watergate Room." :)