PDA

View Full Version : Honey, We Need a New 3D Movie

Pages : [1] 2 3

CaptJackZodiac
07-15-2004, 01:14 PM
Seriously. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is loooong past its expiration date. It's like keeping a meatloaf in the fridge after it turned green years ago.

The 3D film should be changed every three to five years to keep it fresh and relative to more recent releases. The movie this attraction is based upon was released in the 80s. You'd think Eisner would keep this updated just for the sake of synergy if nothing else.

I'm so tired of it, I'd even welcome back Captain EO...although I reserve the right to giggle when MJ squeals "Somebody push the red button!"

I always loved the line.

Merm8fan
07-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Ditto. I'd welcome back EO, even if just for a change of pace. Wasn't EO just 3-D though, no "live" effects as in HISTA? (floor, sneeze, mice, etc.)

P.S. - Maybe MJ didn't learn his lesson back then about keeping his hands off little "red buttons." ;)

CaptJackZodiac
07-15-2004, 01:28 PM
He's never gonna learn not to touch those 'Little Red Buttons." He loves to play with the little red buttons.

...and, yeah, it was just 3D. No in-theater physical effects that I recall.

Merm8fan
07-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Actually, come to think of it, Disney will likely NOT be promoting anything MJ... at least not unless the "right" verdict gets reached. So, that definitely means we will all be living with HISTA for the forseeable future.

CaptJackZodiac
07-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Believe me, I'm aware of that. MJ is poison. I'm just so sick of HISTA that I'd welcome Captain EO back just for the change.

Maybe they could market it like: "Back by popular demand - Captain EO makes its triumphant return to the Walt Disney family of family parks! This was when MJ was just a little weird and no one knew just how much he loved children so don't freak out!"

It's a thought anyway.

Forbin
07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Don't say that...for all you know , they are gonna move Muppets there!

CaptJackZodiac
07-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey, I just thought of something...

- The initials of Captain EO are CEO

- Michael Eisner is the CEO of The Walt Disney Co.

- Michael Jackson is Captain EO

- Michael Jackson and Michael Eisner are both named Michael

I have no idea where I'm going with this. :confused:

jrad32
07-15-2004, 01:50 PM
I agree completely with getting ride of HISTA. It's a one time attraction with no repeatability.

I have to disagree with replacing it with another 3D movie however. Replace it with a ride. Between Bugs, Muppets, Star Tours, Golden Dreams and Soaring we have too many rides that are basically movies. Soaring is a good ride, and I think it does have more repeatability than the others because of the flying sensation, but we need some originality.

They should strip the theater where HISTA plays and give us some kind of new ride. How about restoring the peoplemover track and attaching it to the theater area and making part of the journey a dark ride through Disney's Black Hole or as I'm sure Merlin Jones would suggest Journey through Innerspace.

No more 3D movies Eisner. :mad:

Merm8fan
07-15-2004, 01:51 PM
O/T - Can I just say that Muppets makes me laugh every single dang time I see it?

Sam the Eagle: "..a glorious three-hour finale!"
Kernit: "You have a minute and a half." (or some similar short period of time)
Sam: "Eeeek!"

And those old guys in the balcony... still waiting for them to write "The Crotchety Old Geezer's Guide to the Disneyland Resort"

CaptJackZodiac
07-15-2004, 01:53 PM
No more 3D movies Eisner. :mad:

Except, I'd pay top dollar to see a 3D film of Eisner being dragged down Main Street USA tied to the bumper of a bus.

Now, that's entertainment. :D

sediment
07-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Except, I'd pay top dollar to see a 3D film of Eisner being dragged down Main Street USA tied to the bumper of a bus.

Now, that's entertainment. :D
No, make it a horse drawn carriage.

sediment
07-15-2004, 02:55 PM
He's never gonna learn not to touch those 'Little Red Buttons." He loves to play with the little red buttons.

...and, yeah, it was just 3D. No in-theater physical effects that I recall.
[high MJ voice] That's ignorant!! You're ignorant!![/high MJ voice]

AVP
07-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Speaking of pushing buttons, two things that really tick off the moderators are thinly-veiled "adult" references and the ever-tasteless "how shall we harm Eisner this week?" posts.

So, since we're batting 2 for 2 in this thread, can we please get it back on a more family-friendly and less violent topic?

Thanks,
AVP

sediment
07-15-2004, 04:28 PM
As our pal says, "Some imagination, huh?"
I'll try to "clean it up."

splashmtngurl
07-15-2004, 04:33 PM
I assume it will get updated soon. you see esiner is not in charge of all that goes on attraction wise in the park. Paul pressler should have changed the movie ages ago but seeing as he didnt care a ton about the park, it never got fixed. Matt ouimet is taking a great, hands-on sort of approach though and i expect you will see alot of changes soon, including a change in 3-d films!

Disney Vault
07-15-2004, 05:30 PM
A new 3D movie would be such an easy thing to change for the 50th. Im surprised they didnt put it in their plans as something else to say is new and draw more people in.

Emma
07-15-2004, 05:34 PM
Seriously. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience is loooong past its expiration date. It's like keeping a meatloaf in the fridge after it turned green years ago.

Amen to that.

fjhuerta
07-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Hey, didn't MJ's movie had some special FX in it? Like real-life lasers and smoke? (and a killer sound system that made you physically more in your seat?)

I was very young when I watched it. I could be wrong about it.

Tigertail777
07-15-2004, 08:42 PM
no you are right. There was at least one part that had smoke come out of the screen, and another had lasers. I remember audio "rockin' the house" too. I think there were a few other minor effects, but this really was before the smells and all of that era. EO was very revolutionary for the time, and is still a really fun romp to watch, with some nice camera direction and beautiful set design. Plus, I know I know god help me, but MJ's music is catchy as all get out.... we are here to chaaaange the wooorld... WOO! :D

If they cant put EO back, it would be fun to see Magic Journeys, that sounded pretty cool. ;)

Merm8fan
07-16-2004, 08:13 AM
*blush* <<slapping own hand>>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HISTA theatre going to a ride... that's a tough one. I mean, Tomorrowland does need help with the amount and quality of the attractions. However, I personally enjoy shows, and on a more practical level - a place to rest my keister for longer than a three-minute ride.

Bottom line is, they DO need a new show there. If there is no plan for a new show, then I am more than happy to agree with the new ride idea.

SallySkellington
07-25-2004, 04:33 PM
Well, they need to do something with HISTA. I've been on it twice in my life, and that's enough for me. IMO, HISTA is part of the plan to kill Tomorrowland (a plan that will hopefully be abolished with the new 2005 stuff).

SCUBAbe
07-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Well, they need to do something with HISTA. I've been on it twice in my life, and that's enough for me. IMO, HISTA is part of the plan to kill Tomorrowland (a plan that will hopefully be abolished with the new 2005 stuff).

I saw it once and that was enough for me. I also saw muppets once and that was enough. I have seen bugs life a few times, but mostly when I rake people to the park who have never been before. It's not a must do for me. It is cute though. I nevr saw EO because I have always dis-liked michael jack---

I would also like to see a new movie in star tours. The one playing now is so old. I think thats why the wait are like 5 min even on busy days.

MouseEars07
07-25-2004, 05:46 PM
I remembered hearing that Tokyo's Tomorrwowland recently closed their "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" show; what are they replacing it with; in my opinion, we should get the same show that they're getting. :)

Tutter
07-25-2004, 05:52 PM
Whilst I do enjoy HISTA, you can get a little bombed out by 3D attractions lately and it does get tiresome after a while.

You can do Shrek over at Universal and the same sneeze thing, and of course It's a Bug's Life (which is very good) over at DCA - so by the time you get round to HISTA you go "oh here we go again".

So if it were to be replaced, probably NOT another 3D movie type attraction would be best - unless it was something completely different.

MouseEars07
07-25-2004, 06:29 PM
I think "Stich's Great Escape" would be a perfect attraction for tomorrowland!
your thoughts?