PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Room Reservations

Disneyfamily3
07-14-2004, 02:08 PM
I just booked a week the 2nd week of June 2005. They opened the 2005 reserv.today. I know some others who booked in May and July of next year.
I have heard that PP has a lot of sold out dates but I got just what I wanted at GC & DH.The phone number to room reserv. is 714-956-6425.

ROBONICS95
07-14-2004, 04:01 PM
I just booked a week the 2nd week of June 2005. They opened the 2005 reserv.today. I know some others who booked in May and July of next year.
I have heard that PP has a lot of sold out dates but I got just what I wanted at GC & DH.The phone number to room reserv. is 714-956-6425.

Thanks for the heads up!!! Just booked a weekend in july at the DH.

Robert

mystycalchyk
07-14-2004, 04:06 PM
Im already booked for 050505 :fez: actually 05/04/05 till 05/08/05

mickeylove
07-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Just curious as to what the room rates are running for 2005?

mystycalchyk
07-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Well Im not actually staying on Disney property. Too rich for my blood, unfortunately. They are, already booking for 050505, click here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/special/golden/index?id=DLR50thHomepagePage) for more info.
Im staying off property at the Tropicana. My rates were $78 a night. I think that may be because the guy had no clue how insanely packed they are going to be. But I booked it, got my confirmation in writing, so Im a happy chickie. We always stay there. *shrugs* all I need is a clean place to shower and sleep....I cant see spending a mint for that. Maybe one day..............*dreams*

ROBONICS95
07-15-2004, 05:23 PM
Well Im not actually staying on Disney property. Too rich for my blood, unfortunately. They are, already booking for 050505, click here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/special/golden/index?id=DLR50thHomepagePage) for more info.
Im staying off property at the Tropicana. My rates were $78 a night. I think that may be because the guy had no clue how insanely packed they are going to be. But I booked it, got my confirmation in writing, so Im a happy chickie. We always stay there. *shrugs* all I need is a clean place to shower and sleep....I cant see spending a mint for that. Maybe one day..............*dreams*

call me crazy.....i am staying at the disneyland hotel (DLR view) for $279/night on both the 16 and 17th of july. i figured this is a rare opportunity so i am going all out. i am all about not spending a lot just to stay in a room at night, but like i said, this is a rare opportunity. they actually had to tell me over the phone that they cannot guarantee me entrance into the park. looks like i am getting up extremley early on the 17th.
robert

mystycalchyk
07-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Im still hoping that maybe we can book at the Disneyland Hotel for our upcoming tripin Septmeber....they told me to wait though and call about 45 to 30 days out for the AP rates.....I have booked at the Tropicana but I am still going to try for DLH. I have never stayed on property before (in WDW we did, but theres sooooo many to choose from it makes life easier). One can hope *dreams*

jrsharp21
07-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Does the Disneyland Hotel require any type of deposit at this time or can you just reserve the rooms at this time and pay later?

mickeylove
07-15-2004, 08:31 PM
I just booked at DLH for August 2005. There are two types of reservations a courtsy hold, which is good for 20 days with no credit card, or a credit card deposit, you give them your credit card, but nothing is charged until you arrive, and you can cancel up 72 hours before your arrival date. With this option you can keep calling to see if by some chance they happen to lower the room rate, and then swap for the lower rate. Hope this helps.

disneyboy
07-16-2004, 05:59 AM
I just booked yesterday for DL Hotel, Sierra Tower for 14th-19th. AND i havent even gotten my plane tix OR booked a hotel at USH yet! Does anyone know what hotel looks RIGHT OVER into USH?? The Hilton or Sheraton?? :confused:

Disneyfamily3
07-16-2004, 06:20 AM
The price on the DH rooms was $270 +10 resort fees,and the GC is $355 +$10 resort fees. I booked these for the week of June 12th. I was told by the reservationist that this price will not go up while on hold but to check through the year to watch for any discounts(we have AP,AAA & DVisa).They were great when I called, she put down all my requests and was very helpful.

rentayenta
07-16-2004, 06:40 AM
How long does the 50th celebration go on? I am hoping that they celebrate for a whole year because after out trip this Dec., we won't be back until Sept. 2005. Anyone know?

Disneyfamily3
07-16-2004, 06:49 AM
it kicks off May 5, 2005 and is planned for 18 months.

rentayenta
07-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Excellent! Thank you Disneyfamily3.

scaeagles
07-16-2004, 07:28 AM
I made the mistake of staying at the Grand Californian two summers ago. It was so incredibly convenient that I'm afraid we can't stay anywhere else and did it again this past summer. It's great with small children to be on site.

I went to the DL website to book a trip, and noticed that the website isn't accepting anything after Jan 4 of 2005.

dlandnut
07-16-2004, 07:28 AM
When I booked for next June 2005, I was told that I could book for 3 nights ONLY at this time. No extra nights, concierge level, tower choices, etc. I was told that after October of 2004, I could "upgrade" the reservation for specific requests. Me & Disneyland both turn 50 next summer! Me in June, DLand in July! Also, they required a $200 down payment, with balance due by end of December 2004.

jrsharp21
07-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Is this true that they require a $200 deposit to book for next year? I want to book for next July. From previous posts I thought they only held your reservations on your card and nothing was charged until you arrived.

jrsharp21
07-16-2004, 01:56 PM
Has anyone tried to book the "2005 Happiest Homecoming on Earth!" package and any of the resort hotels?

Disneyfamily3
07-16-2004, 05:21 PM
you pay a $200 deposit when you book through WDTC. If you reserve just a room for next year you don't get charged anything till you are there.

jrsharp21
07-16-2004, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the info. One more question though. What is the difference between booking with the WDTC and booking a room? Is the number given in the post to the WDTC or just the number to the hotel? I would like to book a room for the July 17th weekend and want to know how I can just reserve on my credit card and not pay a deposit.

rentayenta
07-17-2004, 05:59 AM
Oh how I would love to stay at the GC. I am from OC and still have lots of family there. I can't justify spending $325+ a night when I can impose on my family for free ;)

During the 18 mos. are they going to treat everyday like a birthday? I am debating on whether to plan for May/June or wait until its a little less packed during Sept. I would hate to miss all the excitement because I wanted to avoid a little crowding. I know the celebration lasts for 18 mos but that's one big 'ol party, even for DL.

Disneyfamily3
07-17-2004, 12:45 PM
The number I posted is direct to the hotel reservations. If you book just a hotel room with no package it is held on a credit card but not charged to it until the time of your trip. WDTC does the packages and you will have to put down a deposit of some sort. I have never used them,we just book our rooms,use military or APs for entry to parks and watch for deals on the hotels and just call in to recieve them (AP rates, visa specials etc.) I would book the your room NOW if you plan on being there for the actually birthdate next year,I have heard it is pretty much sold out. Best of luck!!

azlaura
07-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Call me crazy but I just booked 2 nights at the Grand for the begining of December 2005! I want to see all the beautiful holiday decorations and the 50th stuff, so i rolled it into one trip. I was able to get an AP discount(only 10%) courtyard view for $270. I will be calling as it gets closer to get better discounts though! :)