PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!...and a DL newbie?

Shanno66
07-14-2004, 08:37 AM
Hi y'all!

This is my first post on this board----thanks so much for all the useful info so far :)

Intro: My name is Shannon and I am planning a trip for my fam to DL in Sept for 4 nights. My hubby (30), me (30), DD 6, DS 3. We are staying at the GC. I plan on eating at the Whitewater Snacks (a lot--i.e. breakfast, lunch, snacks), Blue Bayou (Monte Cristo---get ressies to sit by river), BBQ place (skewers), Buzz Lightyear place (DS LOVES Buzz), Uva bar, The Vineyard Room (on our 12 year wed anniversary). Can you tell we like to eat? Hahahaha :eek:

Here is one question: My DD has a Cinderella outfit that she loves to wear. We went on a Disney Cruise last Feb, and there were many chances for her to wear it. There were also many other girls in character. Does this sort of thing happen in Disneyland? If so, when is the best time?

Thanks for your time, and if any of you want to throw some "expert advice" my way......I am all ears ;)

Shannon

Forbin
07-14-2004, 08:45 AM
Lots of little girls wear their Princess Costume into DL. She can wear it all day if she can take the heat.

Of course while wearing it she has to line up for one of the 4 Princesses.

Now An ADULT wearing the Princess costume. They might say something.

Tinker Bell
07-14-2004, 08:52 AM
My DDs wear theirs anytime they are in the park.Many little girls wear theirs all day.You just have to look at the outfit and think about.Is this something she would wear all day?How long is it and what rides are you planning on going on?Like if we plan on going on GRR she could not wear it.The JJF if she small in size they make them put a strap in the middle can't do thing in a dress well.Best to wear it part day.Cinderella is at the castle I think off and on till like 6pm.She is off to the left in the front.

BigAlH
07-14-2004, 08:54 AM
My DD has a Cinderella outfit that she loves to wear. We went on a Disney Cruise last Feb, and there were many chances for her to wear it. There were also many other girls in character. Does this sort of thing happen in Disneyland? If so, when is the best time?

When our daughter turned 5 she used birthday money to buy a Cinderella outfit at DL. She put it on then went around to all the princess greetings. It was VERY cool. I highly suggest you video tape the interactions with the princesses - we didn't but I wish we had. Each princess taught my daughter something new about being a princess.

I also suggest you get a DL photophrapher to get her photo in front of the castle. At first I thought, "I could do it", but the photographer we had actually got people cleared out behind her and took 2 awesome photos that we purchased. It was great.

Have fun!

-al

Hakuna Makarla
07-14-2004, 09:04 AM
Hi Shanno66
welcome aboard!!
So in September heh, we are going next month for the first time. I wish my girl was small again she would look so sweet in a disney outfit. Shes nine now,long blond hair and almost as tall as me. She looks 15/16 Oh my :eek: I will have to watch her closely lol! I miss those dress up days!
And about that eating, we plan on doing white water snacks a lot to! we bought the meal vouchers so plan on using them there and for other meals thru out the park. Have a wonderful trip and take lots of photos. Also do not forget to post your reviews in the review section of the board for motels, eating establishments and such so others can see how your stay was and how good the foods ( even burgers )were. we love to see how much fun others have so I look forward to seeing your reviews :)
Karla

Forbin
07-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I think my eyes burned out from Karla using all that boldface

Hakuna Makarla
07-14-2004, 09:30 AM
I think my eyes burned out from Karla using all that boldfaceSorry forbidin, i am pretty blind so I do not see the light writing, I will try to watch that ok. (Is this a little better beings its smaller) or do I need to stop bolding things? I really am sorry, but I am pretty blind to light writing so am not aware it may offend any one. . Have a blessed day and let me know if the smaller writing is ok, or just to stop bolding writing all together unless I want to make a point ok. :)

stan4d_steph
07-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Have a blessed day and let me know if the smaller writing is ok, or just to stop bolding writing all together unless I want to make a point ok. :) It's best to reserve bold type for emphasis of one or two words.

Shannon welcome to the boards. I agree with the previous poster who said it's okay that your daughter wear her princess outfit as long as she can stand it. If it's too hot, you might consider just putting it on in the morning, getting a picture with the princesses, then heading back to the hotel to change into something less stifling. I saw a kid wearing one of those furry Tigger costumes one day when it was so hot. It was awful.

Forbin
07-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Hi Karla!
No worries but I use a bright large monitor and all that boldface made my eyes swim around.

You don't have to use Boldface to see you can also do a font change to one your can read easier....

Remember that time Splashmtngirl used all Bright Pink for hers...now that was really bad.

Hakuna Makarla
07-14-2004, 09:53 AM
LOL! you are right forbidin, I will try changing font type.

I do remember that pink and yes we all fell over LOL! I have a bright LCD screen at home, but do most of my typeing here at work because for some reason I can not get onto mouseplanet very well on my computer at home. I have DSL, and a new computer but it just hates to let me in. It takes 5 minutes to just post one message so I hurry and get to work and post most of the time.I do some in the evenings when I have the patience for it( slow loading times) any one else have this problem here? ) I am fine every where else but can not seem to be able to get on well at mouseplanet) :(

lisap
07-14-2004, 10:16 AM
Just to echo what others have said...

My girls have worn costumes to the park on a few occasions--we got a really cute picture of the girls with Stitch in Lilo costumes a couple of years ago, and my littlest also worn her Snow White costume to the park.

I have found that putting a light tank top under the costume helps with the inevitable sequin itches. Also, bike shorts under the skirt keeps things modest (the skirt invariable goes over the head at that age ;) ). It's handy if the little princess gets tired of the dress and wants it off right then and there.

Whatever you do, put the girls in good walking sandals. I have seen so many little ones wobbling around the park in cheap dress-up shoes. Some girls might feel regular sandals ruin the whole princess look, but a twisted ankle is not worth the fashion statement. ;)

Pookie
07-14-2004, 04:43 PM
My daughter age 3 will be bringing her Cinderella costume when we leave on the 19th. I also bought her a Cinderella crown at a party supply store that I will let her wear at the park if it is too warm. She won't have the outfit but at least she will still feel like a princess.

rentayenta
07-14-2004, 07:25 PM
My girls don't wear theirs because they don't ask to. They have Cinderella, Belle, Jasmine and Snow White dresses, tiaras, shoes etc.

My kids are too active to be confined by a full dress. I would definetly have them wear a tank and shorts underneath so when and if they get too hot or sick of the outfit they will have an option.

The girls I have seen wear their costumes look so cute :)

CoasterChickie
07-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Now An ADULT wearing the Princess costume. They might say something.

Aw shucks, how come the little kids always get to have all the fun!

Disney Vault
07-14-2004, 10:27 PM
i bet if an adult was to put on a princess dress they would have little kids following them all day asking for autographs and pictures.

CoasterChickie
07-14-2004, 10:44 PM
I don't think I'd want that kind of attention!

Besides that I've heard you have to be a size 2 to be a princess.

I think it's great when the little kids dress up....I'll settle for living vicariously through them.

uvsc_wolverine
07-15-2004, 12:44 AM
i bet if an adult was to put on a princess dress they would have little kids following them all day asking for autographs and pictures.

Unless an adult man put on a princess dress. Then I think you would have a lot of really confused little girls.

Shanno66
07-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks you guys for all your welcoming me to the board and all of the great advice. I think on one day I will just have my DD go over for some pics with her dress on---and maybe visit Ariel's grotto and have a drink or something, then go back to the hotel and change :) .

Thanks again!

Shanno

mystycalchyk
07-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Welcome :fez:

We will be going as well in September (when will you be there?)
We are taking our neice and nephew (niece 8 and nephew 4) They have never been and we have been planning on getting her a Belle costume (she informed us that Belle is her favorite princess)...We always see lots of little girls in costume so we assume she will want to.

07-15-2004, 11:36 AM
a twisted ankle is not worth the fashion statement.

Ack! I'm melting, melting! ;)

Forbin
07-15-2004, 12:49 PM
We will be going as well in September (when will you be there?)
We are taking our neice and nephew (niece 8 and nephew 4) They have never been and we have been planning on getting her a Belle costume (she informed us that Belle is her favorite princess)...We always see lots of little girls in costume so we assume she will want to.
Myst don't forget to check out the Disney Character Warehouse (I think that's what it's called) it's about 2 miles away from Disneyland and it has a lot of Disney stuff for the kids at probably 1/2 off. So check that out before you pay $$ in the park for a costume.

mystycalchyk
07-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Thanks . We've been there, 'tis a great place. ( I tend to go a little crazy there, and at Comapny D - its not pretty) :rolleyes: :geek: :fez:

:( But unfortunately we wont have a vehicle this trip...we are flying in and taking a shuttle to the hotel and walking the rest of the time :(

Pammer
07-15-2004, 01:01 PM
:( But unfortunately we wont have a vehicle this trip...we are flying in and taking a shuttle to the hotel and walking the rest of the time :(

We usually don't have a vehicle either, so we take the Orange County Transit up to that store. It's only costs about $2.50 for an all day pass, and takes about 20 minutes (because of all the stops). But it's fairly clean and the other riders haven't been too scary! :eek:

mystycalchyk
07-15-2004, 01:03 PM
We usually don't have a vehicle either, so we take the Orange County Transit up to that store. It's only costs about $2.50 for an all day pass, and takes about 20 minutes (because of all the stops). But it's fairly clean and the other riders haven't been too scary! :eek:
wow great! thanks!