PDA

View Full Version : S. Harbor and Katella hotels

jrsharp21
08-07-2020, 07:11 PM
Since not much news coming out of DL, figured I would throw out a topic for discussion. Has anyone seen or heard about the hotels on S. Harbor and Katella and how they are faring during DL's closure? I have to imagine that occupancy is next to nothing. I wonder if a bunch will be forced to shut down which leaves Disney to buy up some of that property.

Dave1313
08-07-2020, 10:17 PM
Not probably what you were looking for, but at least one was busy enough to have a serious brawl break out that required significant police response a few days ago:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-hotel-near-disneyland-is-site-of-massive-brawl-involving-adults-and-youths-police-say

Maybe people could not cancel their plans without penalty, presuming that they were likely originally planning DLR visits?

tea4two
08-08-2020, 10:14 AM
Some hotels are and have been open. A few that I know of are The Anaheim Hotel, the Hotel Indigo, the Springhill Suites (over the CVS). The Worldmark timeshares have been open. There is a program for frontline workers to stay at hotels so they don't put their families at risk. And some locals have been taking staycations. Even with the parks closed, DTD and a pool with take out can be a nice break from the same 4 walls at home.

candles71
08-08-2020, 04:22 PM
One of the Stovalls posted they will be reopening on the 19th. Grand Legacy had a reopening date but pulled it when Disney pulled theirs. Several have posted getting some projects done while closed.

jrsharp21
08-09-2020, 01:43 PM
Very interesting. I would have thought the hotels around the resort would be dead. Especially those right across the crosswalk (Tropicana, Park Vue, etc).

Malcon10t
08-09-2020, 06:39 PM
We stayed at the Fairfield across from DIsneyland a couple of weeks ago. Most motels are closed. Major hotels are clsoing some of the larger locations and leaving ghe smaller ones open. When we stayed there, the Fairfield had about 15 rooms in use. (And we had 3 of them!). They were operating pretty safely and I was impressed.

We also stayed in a Hampton Inn in the Temecula area recently. They were NOT operating "safely" in our opinion and we were not happy about it.

sjhanksaz
08-16-2020, 08:26 AM
I don't see the draw to do a staycation there around Disneyland but to each his own.

We just got back from a wonderful trip up the coast of Oregon. We stayed in a different hotel every night and each one had different Covid prodigal. Some had no breakfast, some gave you a bag with a couple of things in it, others had the breakfast but they served it to you. One had us fill out this paper about our health and sign it.

Malcon10t
08-18-2020, 01:34 PM
I don't see the draw to do a staycation there around Disneyland but to each his own.
I don't think anyone has talked about a staycation. But a few of the local hotels/motels are open because of needs. When we came down, it was two fold. We did travel 6 hours to visit DTD, but also to see some family and friends. Then we traveled back 6 hours 2 days later.