PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Resort with a dog...

Jason Reynolds
11-09-2001, 06:57 AM
I am curious to know how many of you travel with a pet. And if you do where do you stay? My wife and I just got a puppy and she is wonderful, but we still want to travel to Disney, our favorite vacation spot.

Thanks,
Jason

Nigel2
11-09-2001, 10:19 AM
I don't know how good the Kenel Club is but I guess it has to be ok to leave your pet in since its been there basically forever.

MammaSilva
11-09-2001, 10:52 AM
I would really recommend finding a quality boarding kennel near your home and consider boarding your new puppy for your visit.. the kennel at the park is only available during the day, other than service dogs animals aren't allowed in the park or in any of the stores in DTD and most hotel/motels charge a lot for a "pet" deposit and there isn't really anyplace to walk the pet in the resort area.....so while your puppy might be a sweetheart and you would miss her it really would be a LOT more considerate to let her vacation at the kennel while you visit the resort

tabacco
11-09-2001, 11:05 AM
If you do come to the resort with your puppy, it's $10/day, which includes food and water, I believe.

innerSpaceman
11-09-2001, 07:01 PM
Just my too scents, which you are free to igore comptely, but I say this as a dog and disney lover (my pooches are named 'Figment' and 'Pluto') - - my advice is to stay away from Disneyland until your puppy has been with you a little longer and is at least old enough to be boarded there in Vegas.

The Disneyland kennel is a fine place to board your dog for the day, but the hassle comes when trying to find a nearby hotel that allows pets (though I'm not saying there are none). Basically, the Disneyland Resort area is not a particuarly pet friendly place and canines hotly dispute that it is the happiest place on earth.

Morrigoon
11-09-2001, 10:41 PM
My mom's vet here in Vegas boards dogs. Boarding with your vet, if possible, is the best way to do it, that way you know they'll get the care they need and deserve.

awinner
11-09-2001, 11:02 PM
I take my dog Jackson (thats him in the picture to the left) to the park everytime I go...they know him there and are all very nice to him...It is $10, cash only. there is a tiny park in the back for the dogs to do there stuff...in fact i have seen animals ranging from dog & cats to birds & rats...If you call guest relations, they will recommend some local kennel that will board you dog over night. You can see Jackson and his outfit on 11/17, early in the am...be sure to come up to us and say hi.

FabShelly
11-10-2001, 12:05 AM
There are several guidebooks and websites for pet-friendly vacationing, and also http://www.mapquest.com can point out accomodations that accept companion animals near any given address.

Fab