PDA

View Full Version : Every Attraction in the Park

Pages : [1] 2

Crazytigger
11-09-2001, 03:33 AM
I posed this question to a couple of AP friends of mine about 3 months ago, and we are planning on testing our theory.

Is it possible from open until close to do averything at DL in one day? Now mind you we are talking rides shows, fireworks, etc...

What do you think???

P.S. Pick any day you like, Of course keep in mind although weekend hours are longer it is more crowded.

11-09-2001, 05:43 AM
Oooo, good question!

I'll bet there are those who've tried it!

You're including a visit to each shop, too? Small stuff like the Frontierland Shooting Gallery (if it still exists)?

I think bonus points should be awarded to anyone who actually accomplished this feat when Tomorrowland was intact.

Crazytigger
11-09-2001, 05:58 AM
Yes the shooting gallery still exists, and that would be part of the day. Also things like riding the train around the park at least once, the monorail, canoes if open and the Mark Twain Steam Boat.

cemeinke
11-09-2001, 06:32 AM
Of course the biggest part of that challenge is finding a day when everything is open. We've been trying to see everything in a year with our APs. We've got 3 months to go and have yet to board the sailing ship Columbia.

Crazytigger
11-09-2001, 06:36 AM
[i] We've got 3 months to go and have yet to board the sailing ship Columbia. [/B]

The Columbia has not been sailing to the public for about 6 months. I heard that there were a few safety issues. So for the moment it only sails for Fantasmic!

cemeinke
11-09-2001, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Crazytigger

The Columbia has not been sailing to the public for about 6 months.

Almost True, it was sailing last Thursday, but we got to the park just to see it set sail on its final voyage for the day. What a disappointment. We spotted it from the New Orleans station and raced back from Toontown to try to catch it.

Unfortunately it seems the only reason it was out was that they were doing some maintenance to the dock area.

None-the-less, it's now the first ride we check. I think I last rode it 15 years ago--that's way too long:crying:

Niwel
11-09-2001, 08:27 AM
We came pretty darn close last Sunday...
We didn't see:
Innoventions
Mark Twain/Tom Sawyer's Island
The houses in toontown
Minnie's Christmas show
Rocket Jets

But we saw/did everything else including Parade of the Stars, Beleive, Lincoln, Tiki Room, autopia and we even did Indi twice.

You might be able to do/see everything if you:
1) Strategize
2) Get there early and stay late
3) use fast pass
4) Don't stop to eat (which we did three times)

Nigel2
11-09-2001, 10:33 AM
The best day to do it was like 3 days after the attacks, I went on all the rides that were open and all the shows, I don't count the shooting gallery as one since it costs to play so its more like a shop.

MammaSilva
11-09-2001, 10:42 AM
We have done it but I don't think it really counts since we have SAP when we go and the day we did it I had bought space on the balcony for Fantasmic so we didn't have the long wait to hold our spots and we were in the handicapped viewing section for the Mulan parade....the first time I took my niece/nephews we had a 4 day visit and I made them ride/watch every ride/attraction in the park then they were free to pick favorites :) we kept score on one of the Disneyland today handouts...but even with the SAP it is hard to hit everysingle thing in one day because of some of the parade/fantastmic schedules

Corith
11-09-2001, 11:31 AM
Yes, you can go on every attraction in single day. Especially with gutting of tomorrowland, it is rather easy. The real trick is to get there at opening, and to move from attraction to attraction without crisscrossing the park.

I found it best to go in two counter/clockwise paths, starting with pirates and hitting all the "E" ticket attractions on the first loop (when attendance in the morning hours is low), and hitting the rest on the second pass.

beanpole
11-09-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Corith
Yes, you can go on every attraction in single day. Especially with gutting of tomorrowland, it is rather easy. The real trick is to get there at opening, and to move from attraction to attraction without crisscrossing the park.

Yes, I agree. To pull this off, you want to visit on a day that will have relatively low attendance (during the off-season), yet with the longest possible hours available to you for touring - such as a Saturday. Magic Mornings, plus midnight closing, gives you plenty of time to not only do everything in the park at least once, but to visit some attractions several times.

Another factor is how you use fastpass throughout the day. In general, you can hit most of the E-tickets in the morning and at night with little or no wait, and then use fastpass during the afternoon when crowds are bigger. If you always have a fastpass in hand, you can usually slot in 1-3 smaller attractions (or a show) before the fastpass 'matures'. With a little thought, you can experience everything the park has to offer. Save the Main Street shopping for the post-closing hours to buy even more time. Try to do Splash Mountain, Indy and Star Tours late at night. There's usually no queue at all.

A warning here: to pull this off, you really need to have a lot of energy and a lot of shoe leather! My trick is to tour like crazy in the mornings and evenings - and then to take a break in the hotel during the hot, crowded afternoons. Another trick is to time your meals before or after the other guests are eating. In other words, eat at odd times. Consider eating breakfast before you arrive and eating dinner after you leave at one of the late night diners in the area, such as Millie's or Denny's. It's all a matter of priorities.

My final comment: I like to break up my visit into two distinct touring modes. On one day, I tour with the intention of experiencing everything as many times as possible. On another day, I tour leisurely, enjoying the atmosphere and experiencing the attractions that happen to interest me as I pass by them.

Nigel2
11-09-2001, 09:38 PM
Its funny when I go I am either bent of having a meal there or not. If I don't eat a meal there 99 percent of the time I don't eat anything there, but I will usually get something on the way home if I am too tired to cook.

FEJ
11-09-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Niwel
You might be able to do/see everything if you:
1) Strategize
2) Get there early and stay late
3) use fast pass
4) Don't stop to eat (which we did three times)

EAting is a sign of Weakness!!!! ( a Joke from our groups "Mouse Adventure" Experience)

RideMax Mark
11-09-2001, 10:21 PM
My wife and I did this a year or so ago when we were testing touring plans generated by the RideMax software. We went on a Saturday in October when the park opened at 8:00am and closed at midnight. We pretty much stuck to the plan, and ended up with enough time left over to take a several-hour break in the afternoon back at the hotel, before returning for more attractions and the evening fireworks.

Not all of the attractions were open the day we went, so we rode some of the other attractions more than once to try to compensate.

As others have said, getting there early is critical, and I think we were really helped by the 8:00 opening, as opposed to some Saturdays when the park opens at 9:00 instead.

This was discussed in another thread a few months ago, but I think it would be great fun to have some sort of competition to see how many rides could be packed into a single day at the park, perhaps with different "point" values for the various attractions... :D

Mark
---
Spend less time in line with RideMax for Disneyland.
www.ridemax.com (http://www.ridemax.com)

Not Afraid
11-09-2001, 10:53 PM
This is the first year I've had an AP and I've been to DL about 35 times this year. There's still things I haven't gone on for various reasons. They are:

Rides:
Columbia (rarely running)
Horseless Carriage (rarely running)
Gadget's Go Coaster (long wait!)

Shows:
Golden Horseshoe shows
Aladdin & Jasmin storytelling
Goofy's Bounce House (unless I shrink that one will remain)
Minnie's Christmas Party
Calling All Space Scouts

The rides are the most important to me. I WILL go on the remaining 3 before my pass expires. But if I don't , I'm sure I'll get another AP next year.

Cadaverous Pallor
11-10-2001, 06:30 AM
A while back there was an article at laughingplace.com by someone that attempted to do everything in both parks in one day. Pretty hectic, and he included all kinds of attractions, like the Starcade. He got pretty close, too.

I tried to find the article but failed.

Matterhorn Fan
11-10-2001, 07:12 AM
I haven't seen the LP article, but here's another I found a while back--I'm suprised I still have the link!

Disneyland in a Day! (http://www.ocweekly.com/ink/99/01/news-lowery.shtml)

Tomorrowland was intact when he did this.

EandCDad
11-10-2001, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Cadaverous Pallor
A while back there was an article at laughingplace.com by someone that attempted to do everything in both parks in one day. Pretty hectic, and he included all kinds of attractions, like the Starcade. He got pretty close, too.

I tried to find the article but failed.

I remember that article and I can't find it either. He missed a few things but his total was very impressive.

Napsto
11-13-2001, 07:46 AM
last feb me and my buddy johnny dollar did 42 out of 54 but we really didn't start to attempt to do everything until like 7, and at that point we had only like 28. it was fun, we could have done it if we would have planned right. adn we waisted a lot of time that day too, we left for like 2 hours to dtd and had long dinners.

Gemini Cricket
11-13-2001, 10:14 AM
It is possible. I've done it with my best friend Emily. It was sort of stressful though. We went on a low attendance day when the park opened early and closed at midnight. It was funny, it was like boot camp. We kept giving each other drill sargeant commands, "Hurry, hurry, quick, move it monkey!" We ate in line. We had a couple of pit stops but managed to do it all. Recommended 4 the avid DL goer.

Question to add though: Does doing Matterhorn on both sides count? They're two different experiences...

Matterhorn Fan
11-13-2001, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad
Question to add though: Does doing Matterhorn on both sides count? They're two different experiences...
Yep. 2 differnt tracks, 2 different lines, 2 different attractions. Unless you want a footnote that says "*Did not ride Fantasyland side of the Matterhorn," you gotta do both.

--Matterhorn Fan*

*A little prejudiced on this issue.

Gemini Cricket
11-13-2001, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan

Yep. 2 differnt tracks, 2 different lines, 2 different attractions. Unless you want a footnote that says "*Did not ride Fantasyland side of the Matterhorn," you gotta do both.

Point well taken.;)

Not Afraid
11-13-2001, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLad

The 2 sides are very different from each other. I never realized how much until I rode them back to back on a slow day. The FL side was designed for a much younger audience than the TL side.

Gemini Cricket
11-13-2001, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid

The FL side was designed for a much younger audience than the TL side.

FL? TL?
:confused:

jake99
11-13-2001, 03:22 PM
i went with friends and did all the rides on a summer day including 4 times on splash mountain 4 on indy 5 on space mountain and we spent an hour in the arcade and 2 hours at lunch and we got to the park at 10 am
and we also didnt use a single fastpass
but we didnt see any parades

but then agian his mom had a handicapped pass