PDA

View Full Version : Keep hearing about proposed AP changes

mcampisi
07-13-2004, 06:23 AM
I have heard so many things about proposed changes to the AP program, be they price hikes or complete abolishments. Is there anything really creditable yet? I'm thinking if they were to completely remove the program here they would also have to do it at WDW. It seems they would lose a ton of annual revenue if they did this. I would probably reduce my trips to once a month but I always thought I was what they wanted from an AP. Sure I don't pay to get in but once I'm inside I drop an average of 100-300 a trip. That's going to be greatly reduced if I have to pay $100 each trip just for a 1-day pass.

07-14-2004, 05:08 AM
once I'm inside I drop an average of 100-300 a trip.

Question for all - Annual Pass holders and non-Pass holders alike: Once inside DL or DCA, how much do you drop per day on average?

rentayenta
07-14-2004, 06:59 AM
I am ashamed to admit that on one of the days this past trip we spent $525. That is not including admission. It does include Goofy's Kitchen for 3 adults and 3 children. We spent a bundle at the World of Disney store but I can proudly say that the kids' bathroom is decorated from cabinet knobs to shower curtain rings in Mickey Mouse. It is sooooo cute. We have framed pics in the bathroom of the kids with Mickey and Minnie. The towels, soap dispensers etc...are all Mickey. If they had a Mickey shaped toilet I would have bought that too :fez:

olegc
07-14-2004, 08:12 AM
I visit on average once or twice a month - and each visit is between 20 and 50 dollars. sometimes more based on merchandise purchsed - but just picking up coffee, food, etc. - it's the 20-50.. that's 1200 per year...

Merm8fan
07-14-2004, 08:18 AM
I will have to second the $100-300 amount. This does include a gaggle of kids to spend on, all of whom also have AP's. Were I by myself, I'd spend more like $50-80 per day.

Forbin
07-14-2004, 08:19 AM
About $20 when in the park. Food for my daughter and me. And if there is a Pin special then I spend about $22 to get the pin..hehe

Pammer
07-14-2004, 08:25 AM
My hubby and I are very budget-minded so we can make 2-4 trips from Sacramento each year. Therefore, we:

1) Stay off-site (along Harbor)

2) Usually eat breakfast at our motel and lunch in the parks (approximately $15-20)

3) Eat dinner either at the parks (same dollar value) or from an eatery along Harbor Blvd (Subway or the pizza place at the Ramada Saga Inn = great values!), depending upon where we are when we get hungry

4) Spend another $5-10/day on snacks

5) Rarely buy souvenirs at the parks these days...we just take the OCT bus a few miles up Harbor to the Disney Character Outlet store at the Orangefair Mall for some fantastic savings!

Oh, and we would always buy discounted military passes for our trips prior to upgrading to an annual pass.

Therefore, excluding lodging, admission, and shopping, we only spend about $20-50 per day for the two of us at the DLR. So, although we like to save money, we visit more than once per year...that should count for something? ;)

cryan71
07-14-2004, 08:31 AM
Once I am inside, I usually spend about $5.

I am Michael Eisner's worst nightmare.

Forbin
07-14-2004, 09:05 AM
I am Michael Eisner's worst nightmare.

You're Roy Disney? :~D

sediment
07-14-2004, 12:21 PM
IMO, AP prices will go up yearly. Prepare yourself.

rentayenta
07-14-2004, 07:53 PM
Now I'm really ashamed :)

My hubby said that if I could spend less there then we could go more often. I am a really good budgeter (not a word, I know) at home but since DL represents a fantasy world to me, I prefer not to think about how much I am spending. That's probably why we go only twice a year.

Last visit we got the firefighter passes. Five day hoppers were free for hubby and only $39 for each of us. The baby was free. What we saved on entrance fees we spent on souvenirs and stuff.

sediment
07-14-2004, 08:17 PM
Most of that stuff you bought (WoD and Goffy's Kitchen) did not require going into either of the parks, although it did require you to come here.

And then, you spent a whopping $6.24 per person per day (baby not included, since baby would be free regardless) entering the park.
For shame! Shame shame shame!

SCUBAbe
07-14-2004, 08:29 PM
we usually spend anywhere from $100-$300 when we go. This trip will be more if you factor in the hotel and room service. (we stay at on site hotles now that we have ap's) When we paid for daily admission we spent way less. Maybe only $40.00 then. If we stayed the night it was a hotel of site. The marriott was the last one we stayed at. We figure we'll spend the money we would normally spend if we had to buy tickets and have a good time..:) We don't but a lot of soveniours, but we do have sit down dinners and if we want to snack on the high priced pickels or fruit we now get it instead of thinking about the cost.

cmpeter
07-14-2004, 09:43 PM
It's usually me and my two kids when we go...we spend about $80 a trip and go about once a month...the $80 covers a meal, snacks and small toy for each kid.

disneyboy7
07-14-2004, 10:38 PM
I have a Premium AP and live in the Sacramento area. I go down at least every two months - I'm on disability. I usually stay at Red Roof Inn and bring my dog and utilize the DLR kennel. I stay at least 3 to 4 days and spend $100 on merchandise at DL or DCA. If lines are long, I get a fast pass and go to a less popular attraction or go shopping. I definitely spend more than $100 on food in the parks or in the hotels. I want to stay at the Disneyland hotel next, but only at the AP rate.