PDA

View Full Version : Summer attire for DL in July?

Pages : [1] 2

wenderella
07-12-2004, 09:16 PM
Okay all you frequent visitors. I need suggestions.
We will be visiting this Friday (7/16) through next Wednesday. Are shorts a MUST for the warm weather. Or will my daughter and I survive with capri's?
I hate having bare legs but I'll do what I have to. I do promise...not to wear a tank top. I know my limits.
Also, is it a possibility that we may need a sweatshirt or light jacket if we plan on staying LATE in the evening? Or is that the dumbest question?
HELP ME! Thanks for your wisdom.

Forbin
07-12-2004, 09:36 PM
It's about 90 in the day and 70 in the even. Capris will work but you might sweat a bit

disneygeek87
07-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Capri's should be fine... but I do suggest bringing shorts just in case capri's are too hot for you. I usuall bring a sweatshirt/light jacket for the evenings in the park. Sometimes I need it and sometimes I don't, but it's nice to know I have it just in case I need it. Have a great trip!

CoasterChickie
07-12-2004, 10:07 PM
Not a dumb question at all...shorts or lightweight capris and a t-shirt or tank top (if you're worried about your arms or legs not looking good enough just wear a cute bracelet and/or anklet, I'm sure you look fine :) ).You sometimes need a sweatshirt or jacket at night and if you don't wear it you can sit on it instead of the ground while you're waiting for the parade or fireworks to start. The MUST have is a really really comfortable pair of socks and shoes ( they don't look quite as good with capris) but if you wear sandals your feet will be killing you at the end of the night!

Add a lanyard and pins and voila...you'll be in true Disney style! Have fun!

sami869
07-13-2004, 09:01 AM
Not being a huge fan of my body I wore jeans and tshirts when I was down there a week and a hlaf ago. It's not that bad as long as you try to acoid the sun as much as possible and remember to drink lots of water (which you should be doing during July anyways). I would definitly bring a sweatshirt or light jacket because it's rather cold in the early mornings and late evenings, but then I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to cold weather.

hbquikcomjamesl
07-13-2004, 09:07 AM
Actually, on the 4th, I wore what I always wear (a short-sleeved dress shirt, with undershirt, and Haggar Expand-o-Matic trousers). I did, however, wear sandals (but with argyle socks, of course)

Two things I do recommend you wear are (1) a hat, and (2) industrial-strength sunscreen (I recommend Hawaiian Tropic "Ozone 70"). Unless you want an industrial-strength sunburn.

Hakuna Makarla
07-13-2004, 10:11 AM
Not being a huge fan of my body I wore jeans and tshirts when I was down there a week and a hlaf ago. It's not that bad as long as you try to acoid the sun as much as possible and remember to drink lots of water (which you should be doing during July anyways). I would definitly bring a sweatshirt or light jacket because it's rather cold in the early mornings and late evenings, but then I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to cold weather.
right now in Montana its 45 degree's in the early mornings LOL! and we think thats getting pretty darn warm. I plan on shorts and short sleeve shirts, hats for all and sun glasses, sun screen. I am also packing a large container of ice water so they kids can have drinks all day. I am bringing a stroller so it will be easy to pack.
I am not used to your kind of heat, yesterday here it was 83 and oh so hot. I know I willsuffer some, but I can always sit in the shade or in the resturants etc. This will be a lesson to me for not booking my trip in May!

Matt Hamand
07-13-2004, 10:42 AM
It really depends on how weather resistant you are. As Forbin said the weather (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USCA0027?sourceid=mozilla-search) will be pretty nice.

My standard summer wear is shirt (either t-shirt, or business casual shirt with breast pocket for prescription sunglasses), cargo shorts, and walking sandals. Maybe I hand carry or waist tie a sweatshirt, maybe not.

If you're hotel is on the resort it's pretty easy to change if the conditions (weather, GRR) warrant.

07-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Actually, on the 4th, I wore what I always wear (a short-sleeved dress shirt, with undershirt, and Haggar Expand-o-Matic trousers). I did, however, wear sandals (but with argyle socks, of course)

hbquikcomjames1, you're under arrest. Crime of fashion, sir.

Forbin
07-13-2004, 11:16 AM
Arygle socks with sandals...hehe

CoasterChickie
07-13-2004, 11:27 AM

DAD???

(" Hey Mom, I think I know where Dad's been hanging out all these months!")

rentayenta
07-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Karla, if you have a chance before you go stop by Walmart and get the kids those squirt bottles with the fan on the end. They cost about $3. If you wait to buy them at the park they are about $15. They are really great for waiting in the hot lines, like IASW.

SCUBAbe
07-13-2004, 02:15 PM
I'll be going this weekend and I plan to wear either capri cargo pants or shorts. I know it's going to be way to hot for me. I plan on being by the pool during the worst part of the day. Ilive in the high desert. Yesterday it was 105 when I was driving around. It didn't feel that hot to me. However, 90 at DL will kill me. The humdity and I do not get along. The desert has a dry heat...:)

Dlandmom
07-13-2004, 02:17 PM
I'll chime in with my 2 cents.

Capris at a minimum...shorts are probably optimum. Go with what you'll feel most comfortable in...it's all a matter of taste. On top, though, wear light cotton. Don't wear heavy cotton...it'll just drag you down, especially if you get wet!

At night, it could get a little cool...I'd have a light cover with me just in case...or, if you're planning on buying souvenirs anyways, you can always just pick up a sweatshirt if it gets too cold.

rentayenta
07-13-2004, 02:56 PM
I'll add to the *if you're wet*...no demin either. It takes forever to dry. Cotton-good; denim-bad.

Hakuna Makarla
07-13-2004, 03:27 PM
Karla, if you have a chance before you go stop by Walmart and get the kids those squirt bottles with the fan on the end. They cost about $3. If you wait to buy them at the park they are about $15. They are really great for waiting in the hot lines, like IASW.
wow ! great idea!! I never thought of that! thanks hon, I will go tomorrow and do just that. I never worry about things I may forget to bring, you give me excellent idea's! And I appreciate it so much ,thanks rentayenta ( I love that name!!! :) you must find me one like that, mine is so boringgggg!

Wendi
07-13-2004, 03:54 PM
I've gotta tell you... I NEVER wear shorts... yep, my legs are that bad!!! I live in Northern California where most days of the summer are over 100 degrees, yet I still refuse to wear shorts. I don't even want to see my own legs, let alone subject others to the horror. I wear capris, light cotton pants, or jeans mostly. I would be far more uncomfortable in shorts no matter how hot it is, so I think it's just a personal preference thing. If you feel fine in shorts, wear them... but I doubt you will be too hot in longer pants. Don't go wearing long sleeves or sweaters or anything though!!!

You probably won't need a sweatshirt or jacket, but I would definitely pack one just in case... if you have it you won't need it, but if you don't take it you're gonna want it. That's just the way it works!!! Of course, you can always buy a cute Mickey sweatshirt for about $60 in the park!

wenderella
07-13-2004, 05:53 PM
You guys are so sweet! Thanks for all of the feedback. My 2 kids and I visit a lot from Utah, but I haven't been in the summer for years, and my kids have NEVER visited in the summer. We usually come in May and October. It is so hot here in Utah right now, but the humidity is like 5%. Sounds like I'll pack at least 1 pair of shorts...just in case! Many thanks to all of you!!! You're AWESOME! :) :p ;) :D

MrsG
07-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Just got back today and for the last 3 days if was hot and humid. Your capris better be very lightweight! But it did cool off in the evening still and we needed a sweatshirt. Be sure and bring the sunscreen!

rentayenta
07-13-2004, 06:52 PM
You guys are so sweet! Thanks for all of the feedback. My 2 kids and I visit a lot from Utah, but I haven't been in the summer for years, and my kids have NEVER visited in the summer. We usually come in May and October. It is so hot here in Utah right now, but the humidity is like 5%. Sounds like I'll pack at least 1 pair of shorts...just in case! Many thanks to all of you!!! You're AWESOME! :) :p ;) :D

I live in Utah too Wenderella. It is bloody hot here.

Karla, my pleasure. I am really so excited for your first visit. I want to hear all about it when you return :) If I think of anymore ideas. I'll let you know. I'll try and think of a spunky name for you too ;)

Disneyfamily3
07-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Our weather this week is hot and humid (which we rarely get). It is very sticky now so you should go with the coolest clothes you have. It didn't get to cool last night but being that you are in the hot sun all day it may feel cool when the sun goes down so maybe bring a light jacket,you can carry them or check them and get them when you need them. Have a great time!!!!

Hakuna Makarla
07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
I live in Utah too Wenderella. It is bloody hot here.

Karla, my pleasure. I am really so excited for your first visit. I want to hear all about it when you return :) If I think of anymore ideas. I'll let you know. I'll try and think of a spunky name for you too ;)
Cool! I look forward to seeing my new name as I have never had to much imagination when it comes to forum names. I have always been just Karla.
I will make sure to let you know all about my trip, and I will post my reviews for every place we go and stay LOL! I plan on marking all my info down at night after a nice day in the parks.( when the kids are finally asleep) I want to be sure to keep it fresh and written down so I will have good facts when it comes time to post when I return. :)
Utah, what a nice clean state. I went there a few times and thought it was quit lovely. I went to a mall there once and it was huge! I did not want to leave :( I am sure you heard that my mall has like 13 stores :( I can not wait to get out of here LOL! Nice place to grow kids( quiet and safe) but boring!!!!!!!!!
Disneyland will be like heaven and I am sure I will be sad when its time to go. California is so beautiful ! I will I am sure come back and begin saving for my nexttrip,as soon as I get into the door here, only this time I will have learned so much from you all and I will know never to go in August LOL! My next trip will be in May, or even in the winter since its 40 below here and warm there!
I am already planning a trip for next year God willing and doing it right! I went to the AAA site and it was cheaper then my package! next year I will be smarter all the way around! I will do my own package, my own flights and my own motels. :)
I should have come to this board in the first place and would not have paid what I did, but live and learn right? :)

annemerson
07-14-2004, 09:43 AM
Cool! I look forward to seeing my new name as I have never had to much imagination when it comes to forum names. I have always been just Karla.
[I am already planning a trip for next year God willing and doing it right! I went to the AAA site and it was cheaper then my package! next year I will be smarter all the way around! I will do my own package, my own flights and my own motels. :)
I should have come to this board in the first place and would not have paid what I did, but live and learn right? :)

Karla-Don't feel bad . You are not alone. I'm not just a Mouseplanet newbie but a computer noob as well. (My husband is a computer expert built me one with scrap parts.) This is the first forum I have ever joined and I didn't realize that I was supposed to make up a user name so I just typed in my real name-how embarassing! Also, the first time I went to Disneyland this year I used the Disney Resort website, but stayed at the Hawthorne Suites.
What a disappointment ! Especially when I saw the Disneyland Resort hotels.
But I did much better the second time I went thanks to all the good advice on this website! :) Hope your next trip goes better too!

By the way , your dog is adorable! I have a queensland/katahulla who looks like a small red wolf.,,maybe I'll post his picture if I can ever learn how to do that!

Hakuna Makarla
07-14-2004, 10:04 AM
Nice to meet you annemerson ( Anne) Thats funny you and me both using our own names LOL!, I always think wow! people sure have cool user names ( Rentayenta is an adorable user name!!) but can never think of one my self. I am looking forward to rentayenta giving me my new name soon !
Maybe she can find you a new one to LOL!
Thank you for the encouraging words, and another thing, you are so lucky! a computer hubby, who can build a computer, oh man some gals have all the luck! I am still rying to figure out why we do not defrage these new windows XP computers when we were taught to do it all the time on the old ones :) and do not ask me how to do anything but point and click. I am totally lost on these things. I did figure out how to put a picture up but still not figuring out how to put up a cool animated gif like some have. oh, I am blessed with at least a good sence of humor. :)

annemerson
07-14-2004, 10:26 AM
oops. didn't mean to end up here again. gotta go change my name...