PDA

View Full Version : AP Process

Wendi
07-12-2004, 05:27 PM
Can someone walk me through the process of purchasing an AP? I will either purchase online or possibly at a Disney Store before the trip, but there is a possibility I'll get it at the ticket booth at the parks. If I buy online or at the store, do I just get a voucher that I need to present at the ticket booth anyway? At what point do I need my ID, proof of address, etc? Oh, and how long does it take to process the pass? I'd like to lose as little park time as possible when I get my pass!!!

TIA for all of your help!!!

SCUBAbe
07-12-2004, 05:44 PM
they ask for the ID when it's processed and the processing time depends on how long the lines are. I've walked right up before and sometimes there has been a really long wait. However, they will let you in the park...so you can get it processed whenever you want while you are there...

Niwel
07-12-2004, 08:48 PM
You can buy the voucher in advance, but I don't think you fill out any info until you reach the processing center. That's when you will also present an ID. (Unless this has changed recently, in which case someone will correct me). The nice thing is you can reapply by mail and they will send you a new one (at a reduced rate) so you don't have to worry about getting to the park.

wenderella
07-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Wendi...I purchased mine online before prices went up in April and activated it in May. If you buy it online, you basically get a "ticket" in the mail. When you get to the park, you use it at any entrance just as you would any other ticket, no need to go to the ticket booth. Once inside the park just proceed to AP processing. There you will need ID. However, if you have purchased, let's say, a 2 day park hopper ticket for example, you may "upgrade" to an annual pass at the processing center as long as you do it before your 2 days are up. The money you spent on that ticket will go towards your price of your AP. Good luck! To me it is well worth the $. Even living out of state it has already paid for itself! Your fellow Wendi.

sami869
07-13-2004, 09:04 AM
No matter where you buy your AP you will need to stand in the same line and give the same info once you get into the park. When we went there was no line and the actual prosses of getting our photo taken and giving our address and whatnot took about 10 minutes.

Darkbeer
07-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Remember, the AP Processing center has moved, it is now located next to the Starcade in Tomorrowland (the Space Mountain Exit area).

Wendi
07-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Thanks so much for the insight... I just want to be prepared for the AP route, I haven't had one before.

What if I am moving to SoCal and want the limited pass, but my ID still has my NoCal address on it? Has anyone dealt with this? Do I just need to bring a piece of mail with my new address on it at the time I redeem the AP?

Darkbeer
07-14-2004, 07:26 PM
Last time I heard, Disney is NOT enforcing the SoCal Zip Code requirement for AP's, so you should have no problem.....

Wendi
07-17-2004, 07:44 AM
Good to know... thanks!!!

scanmom
07-17-2004, 09:02 AM
when we were there in March, we were told by one person at a ticketbooth that we could not get the SoCal AP, but tried at another, and got it! I guess it may depend on who you get at the booth! :rolleyes: