PDA

View Full Version : Do they enforce no food/drinks in Parks?

Pages : [1] 2

Pookie
07-12-2004, 04:15 PM
How strict does DL and DCA enforce this rule?

Will they search our bags? Do they search your bags before getting on the monorail as well?

Can't afford to buy drinks for 7 people at the park.

SCUBAbe
07-12-2004, 04:39 PM
The one time I brought capri suns in was during the winter. My scarf and gloves covered it and they did not ask me to look under them. I ahve brought gronola bars in and they did see them, but they did not say anything. I know if you have open food, such as picnic stuff (sandwiches...pre-made self wrapped food) they want it left in the lockers outside of the park and eaten in the picnic area.

Captain Josh
07-12-2004, 04:45 PM
I've walked into both parks twice, while carrying a canteen on my hip, and my friend carried a rather large bottle of Gatorade like a small child in his arms, and we weren't stopped for carrying drinks.

And I always have food in my bags, never confiscated.

Forbin
07-12-2004, 05:08 PM
So far no...but I think they will stop you if you bring a BIG picnic cooler.
I've brought in Drinks , Cola, Snacks, and a GIANT bag of chips. No stoppage.
And yes I've been searched with those items on TOP of my bag

One piece of Advice, Bring Coke Products...Disney is Hosted by Coke yah know..hehe

Just a little dig at the hosted / sponsored / presented by thread

sediment
07-12-2004, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't flaunt it.

State the following: "I'm allergic to Disneyland's food's prices."

Lani
07-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Those people I've seen stopped were trying to bring in coolers and picnic baskets, for what it's worth.

Wendi
07-12-2004, 05:20 PM
You are definitely not allowed to bring in ice chests, but I've taken snacks and water into the parks. I have the luxury of bringing a baby (though he'll be 3 on our next visit) so I can pack stuff in the diaper bag and no one really cares much about it. Last time we visited I made a PB&J each morning at the hotel breakfast buffet and brought it into the park for my son's lunch along with fruit snacks, crackers, fruit, bottled water, etc.

bmr12
07-12-2004, 06:55 PM
I've brought a moderate amount of food for three or four in a backpack (sandwiches, chips and some granola bars) without comment. We also brought along our own water bottles.

rentayenta
07-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Last time we went to DL/DCA we brought the double stroller. We carried a mini cooler filled with water bottles. It wasn't hidden in any way and they didn't say anything. I find that we buy all the goodies there anyway so we usually just bring water, apples, granola bars and fruit snacks.

DCAWhites
07-12-2004, 08:01 PM
They don't really care as much anymore. Just keep it moderate and most likely they'll not say a word. But no large coolers like others have said. Knotts is the exact same (except during haunt...). Universal studios is extremely strict on the outside food policy. They didn't even let my friend bring in bottled water.

annemerson
07-12-2004, 08:28 PM
I actually asked an employee if we could bring in our own drinks and she said yes so we each carried a soda and a water bottle in a lightweight backpack.

I like Sediment's line about being allergic to Disneyland's food prices. They are pretty high and can add up fast if you have a big family like ours. But The kid meals weren't too bad price-wise and came in little cases great for carrying crayons or whatever on the car ride home. Also, a lot of the restaurants gave you portions big enough for two people to share. We thought the food at the restaurant next to the Soaring Over California ride was really good and they gave us a Tower of Terror patch because we spent over $20.00.

tink1234
07-12-2004, 09:46 PM
One of the plusses to staying conceirge level is the snacks and bottled water you can pick up to take into the parks. I wouldn't think they would offer this if they discouraged the practice.

DisneyDustin22
07-12-2004, 11:25 PM
should be fine. i was just there with family in town visiting and like many, cant afford the high prices for hunger quenching all day so we packed sandwiches and fruit in a bag with sweatshirts and what not. they searched and saw it and didnt mind. told us to enjoy our day and we went on our way. my advice is, if you got pants with baggy pockets like cargo shorts or something, or someone in your party does, throw some stuff in there, without a bag you just walk right in with no problems. or just find the nicest looking easy going bag checker when you enter. dont approach the old man who follows every rule by the book and is having a bad morning. ;) if you're nice to the CM's, they're nice back.

Old Blue
07-13-2004, 12:34 AM
No glass bottles!

Darkbeer
07-13-2004, 07:23 AM
No "real" beer either :~D

CoasterChickie
07-13-2004, 07:28 AM
my advice is, if you got pants with baggy pockets like cargo shorts or something, or someone in your party does, throw some stuff in there

(LOL) so THAT'S why those cargo pants/shorts ride so low on you guys...they're weighted down by a cooler's worth of food stuffed in the pockets! I can picture you at lunchtime whipping out all these oranges, apples, smushed bananas, flattened sandwiches, ho hos, twinkies, cheetohs, beef jerky, pork rinds, slurpees etc. etc.

Forbin
07-13-2004, 08:07 AM
I've seen glass bottles but Darkbeer is right, no Alcohol allowed into Disney.

MOUSELUVR
07-13-2004, 08:33 AM
We have always taken a small (little bigger than lunch pail size) cooler into the park in the bottom of our stroller packed mostly with drinks and maybe some fruit snacks or candy. They always check it,but have never refused us or asked us to put it in a locker. I think moderation is probably the key, I don't think I would try to take a big rolling cooler into the park or anything like that :D

sami869
07-13-2004, 08:49 AM
I always bring a bottle of water in with me but have never tried bring much more than that. They do check your bags when you get on at the monorail.
If you don't mind being dishonest you could either try to hide things in your bag or better yet just let them know that you have a special need. Having very small childeren or saying you're diabetic will allow you to bring in almost any food or drinks.

DisneyDustin22
07-13-2004, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=CoasterChickie](LOL) so THAT'S why those cargo pants/shorts ride so low on you guys...they're weighted down by a cooler's worth of food stuffed in the pockets! QUOTE]

hey, when you got student loans to pay off. you can only afford one meal at DL. lol. so you have to pack smart and plan ahead.

Dlandmom
07-13-2004, 01:00 PM
I've never had any trouble at all bringing in a few drinks and snacks (mostly for my kids, but I munch on them, too).

As an aside, my friend was not allowed to bring in juice boxes at Universal. According to my friend, kids drinks weren't readily available at Universal (this was about 2 years ago), so she always kept juices handy for her toddlers (1 and 3). She couldn't believe it when the gate keeper told her she'd have to throw the drinks away before he let her in.

My friend WAS a season pass holder at Universal...but no more!

BigAlH
07-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Since we bring our RV down we typically pack food and put it in one of the all day lockers in the picnic area. We try to have 1 meal that we brought and another purchased.

One day we brought sparkling cider and various cheeses and fruits, then bought some fresh Boudin sourdough from DCA and went out and had a nice picnic. One of the best meals (outside of the Blue Bayou of course!).

We brought in snacks (dried fruit, granola bars, fruit rollups) and water w/o any troubles though.

JTCarrey
07-13-2004, 05:20 PM
one little trick I do, if you don't want to buy water in the parks, just go up to a food place and ask for a glass of ice water, it's free and refreshing, of course it might also be tap water but I'll pretend I don't know that ;)

SCUBAbe
07-13-2004, 05:28 PM
one little trick I do, if you don't want to buy water in the parks, just go up to a food place and ask for a glass of ice water, it's free and refreshing, of course it might also be tap water but I'll pretend I don't know that ;)

Sometimes tap water is still filtered. I worked in a restuarant a few years ago and the tap water went through a filter. It still didn't taste like bottled, but ti was better than straight tap. :)

JTCarrey
07-13-2004, 05:32 PM
true, it's fine for me, knowing that dasani is just tap water anyway